It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   
this came to me in a dream.

imagine ghosts spend most of their time dormant.
every now and then a mass of spectral energy forms (think of a thunderstorm).
the storm goes through, stirs up the ghosts, and leaves.
not everywhere, not every night. like storms, some places are presumably more likely to have.

any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think it's the bio-energy given off by living humans that energizes the spirits, but almost any energy can stir them up, like em fields that may accompany these energy (or even lightening) storms. I imagine that the conditions have to be just right to get them going regardless of what makes them go.
edit on 18-6-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I could picture this happening, investigators say that ghosts draw energy from batteries, people, etc. something must start the whole shebang off. I’m not a big believer in ghosts. Not saying that they don’t exist, I’ve never seen one though.

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

any thoughts?

Curanderos...

I keep my Ghosts in a small Altoid box. I'll send some over to visit you, amigo....

tell me how it goes....
edit on 18-6-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I have a theory. I have seen the so called "Hat Man". This is the dark shadow spirit that appears to wear a old style sort of hat on his head. Anyways, I saw him when a family member living in my house was very, very sick. The family member saw him too. I had to sage the house and pray a lot (I'm not religious). My family member miraculously recovered and I have not encountered it again. Maybe they feed off the negative energy or can smell when death is but a knock on the door ??(Thank God my family member did not die)

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   
My sister saw a mirror detach from her sliding glass door and land unbroken at my feet, four feet away. She thought it might be a ghost. We had just finished a conversation on electro-kinesis and telekinesis.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

not everywhere, not every night. Like storms, some places are presumably more likely to have.

any thoughts?
What was the time of day when you saw this dream? How was the idea conveyed to you (images, voice, dream character)?

Couldn't this insight also apply for the living? Scientist Itzhak Bentov said something about how our world passes through "event matrixes" (or magnetic field patterns of varying shape. In his characteristic humour, he depicted one of them as a sausage) which either brings peace or war to the world. A possible explanation for mass-psychosis, as well as lunacy & somnambulism associated with the new and full moon respectively.

Recently, there has been an uptick of orcas attacking specific parts of boats, no harm intended for humans. I wonder what has them agitated. How has the news of an incident spread like wildfire among them? What would it be like if people all over the world reacted to an injustice like this, beyond words and thoughts?
edit on 19-6-2023 by hjesterium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I suggest that the reality of such situations is quite simple and understandable. The receiver, a fairly typical human most times but has some inherent psi powers. That person is in a receptive state that the "ghost" soul in a different plane of being recognizes and, thus, makes a usually loving contact.

Perhaps the connection is the joining of two "needs" of those involved and they create between them a common "transmission frequency."

We can turn that theory on its head and say that perhaps conditions may be less loving and allow a spirit to have contact to anyone remotely open to receiving mal messages or impressions. For example, visitors to haunted places would be placing themselves into the "frequency" for contact.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   

They adhere to about several steps of habitual clinging that they had in the previous life and are mind sealed against their death with an unknowing or sort of mystery to solve and instead of solving it typically get entangled on whatever it was that was recognizable as what it is but new... like a knife or fork different dishes. Their light is more like a reflection or how it it is seen as the sun on the moon not an actual light so there is no heat in their body the living experience cold spots or getting a chill when in contact with them.

When it is time to reincarnate a very bright light will appear and if they don't run away from it ascend to a higher plane of existence in the incarnation... If they do then back into their normal habits of clinging with more frustration arising as things keep changing like the forks etc and not being able to find the things they know should be there where they always kept them.

Such is the typical for the average human being not overly religious etc. the overly religious typically have dual notions and delusions arising from that clinging that bring paranoia and fear as well as living dreams that match them. Sort of like shoes may keep the feet clean and uninjured but they also track in dirt. They also transmigrate though anything else alive not really having a body but by all appearances to them they look the same as they last remembered looking.

To not be infested by the stronger ones and lose one's will; it is wise to avoid addictive substances and things that arouse strong desires.

If you think of your own habits while "alive" then you sort of know what kinds of ghosts are already around you as a birds of a feather flock together sort of phenomena.

Consciousness arouses form; Form being aroused? There is perception; Perception being aroused? Then there are feelings... All of the previous consists of mental formations habituated from sense memories that are taken to be an individual of likes and dislikes and on about their merry way whatever way that is as mental formations of likes and dislikes are countless... Meaning the habits are the main base or clinging to what appears or seems to be an individual living a life continues to occur as an accumulation of their likes... when all things experienced through the senses are not a self and the experience of them impermanent except for that mental formation of clinging to the past perception of it on the recognition of form in the conscious perception of the perceiver.

In the above way all beings attached to corporeal existence are the same... So there is no real sense in arguing the alive or dead. Even when buried? Their steps to the sink are the the same amount of steps to the sink they remember in the place they were going to one while alive... Just that going to it is now taking place in the grave yard instead.

edit on 19-6-2023 by Crowfoot because: sp

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

imagine ghosts ...

Before any further discussions, what is your believe that ghosts are?

There can be a million different definitions what a ghost is - and each definition has a completely different world view as foundation and, as a result, a completely different consequences. As such, you will encounter a million different answers to your question.

If you want any meaningful answer or any meaningful discussion, you need to be a lot more precise. Otherwise it is just idle chit-chat and gibberish.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
In my younger days the theory was that ghosts are an imprint that repeats itself, due to a highly emotive death or events.

So ghosts will typically walk through walls that once never existed, or go up staircases that have been torn down.

Essentially they're like a repetitive movie projection, and don't interact with the living.

As such they were seen as apart from "spirits" or other intelligent disembodied entities.

I sometimes wonder about the distinction however, since where you find ghosts, you also find other spirit activity.
And they certainly make the atmosphere go bone-chilling cold (like spirits), thus implying they are willfully using the energy of the beholder.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

I think there are different types ghost the ones that you just see being repetitive like walking on floors that are no longer there , Then you have the ones that just watch and or mess around a bit to be known "Ice cold air"

Then you got the mean ones like I've experienced grabbing me by the leg and pulling me out of the bed .

That other side the dimension they are in also has the ones that enslave ghost - Those are the one's that have not been born yet .

edit on 19-6-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: hjesterium

not everywhere, not every night. Like storms, some places are presumably more likely to have.

any thoughts?
What was the time of day when you saw this dream? How was the idea conveyed to you (images, voice, dream character)?

early Sunday morning. I just 'experienced' somehow, as it were a book or movie.

Couldn't this insight also apply for the living? Scientist Itzhak Bentov said something about how our world passes through "event matrixes" (or magnetic field patterns of varying shape. In his characteristic humour, he depicted one of them as a sausage) which either brings peace or war to the world. A possible explanation for mass-psychosis, as well as lunacy & somnambulism associated with the new and full moon respectively.

never heard that. I do believe we all have rhythms (biorhythms?) and our energy/awareness goes up and down through the day.

Recently, there has been an uptick of orcas attacking specific parts of boats, no harm intended for humans. I wonder what has them agitated. How has the news of an incident spread like wildfire among them? What would it be like if people all over the world reacted to an injustice like this, beyond words and thoughts?

The orca thing is bizarre. almost like they just figured it out. heaven help us if they can share this concept with other orcas.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Having worked in government and the private sector, I can say that ghosts are not what one would think them to be. From my understanding, conscious beings that inhabit human bodies can only tune into certain frequencies that give us our realities. Through these frequencies, our brain creates the reality we all experience in this third plane of existence. When a person says they see what they believe to be a ghost is, in reality seeing something that is real all around us; however, it's a reality on a different plane. For example, when we listen to the radio, we can hear music on a station; however, the moment we turn the knob just a little and change the frequency we are tapping into, we hear completely different music. The same is true for when you see things that are not of this world, you are briefly, for a short period of time, able to see through the frequency that creates your reality, and you are able to see a different reality. Everything you believe to be true is a reality created for your brain inside the human vessel you inhabit, allowing you to experience this plane of existence. There is no space; there is no universe, only simulated realities your conscience is able to experience. You are here for either training, punishment, or adventure. The system is not perfect, but it's good enough for you to have a genuine experience that will allow your spirit to grow. Don't worry about ghosts, aliens, global warming, outer space, or anything else to keep you from looking at the man behind the curtain; just enjoy life and live the best life you can live through love, fellowship, and companionship. The relationships you build will go further to get you to move to the next level than anything else.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 10:16 PM
link   

My Uncle Lewis died in 1995. He lived a long healthy, uneventful but happy life. He was quiet, never talked about religion or politics. He liked his books and had every Madlock episode on VHS. He had a good life, a good death in his late 90s, and deserved a good RIP.

Sometime around 2006, I had a very vivid dream:
For some reason I found myself pounding on Lewis chest in excitement, telling to "wake-up, wake-up!" There was something exciting I wanted to share, but I have no idea what it was. He woke up, groggy and out of it, and I immediately felt bad, and told him..."Oh, I forgot you're dead! Go back to sleep, it's not that important. I'll see you later."

That is my firsthand experience with a ghost, even though it was a dream.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 02:29 AM
link   
How do they manipulate gravity? As in not sinking to the planet's core or being able to ride this planet as it whizzes through space at 60K MPH.
How do they make or need clothes?

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaladinRoden

Having worked in government and the private sector, I can say that ghosts are not what one would think them to be. From my understanding, conscious beings that inhabit human bodies can only tune into certain frequencies that give us our realities. Through these frequencies, our brain creates the reality we all experience in this third plane of existence. When a person says they see what they believe to be a ghost is, in reality seeing something that is real all around us; however, it's a reality on a different plane. For example, when we listen to the radio, we can hear music on a station; however, the moment we turn the knob just a little and change the frequency we are tapping into, we hear completely different music.

I do believe there's an unseen world around us.
there's a story in the Bible about a squad of soldiers sent to capture a prophet. the prophet's assistant was afraid but the prophet prayed that his eyes would be opened and he saw an army of protective entities.
2 Kings 6:13-17
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: clarify

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero Ive never heard this idea before, but it sounds like its worth investigating. Ive heard ghosts seem to like electric energy and radiation, and are energy themselves, so maybe things that cause big electric bursts also attract or wake up ghosts. Or maybe they weaken the fabric between worlds causing ghosts to temporarily spill out. Its something I never considered, but will.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PaladinRoden

Interesting ideas.

I've wondered if some of the "other stuff" is a reality that is out of phase with ours. On occasion, the signals overlap and observation of the "other stuff" is briefly possible.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: PaladinRoden

Interesting ideas.

I've wondered if some of the "other stuff" is a reality that is out of phase with ours. On occasion, the signals overlap and observation of the "other stuff" is briefly possible.

Cheers

I read some theories about that, and they interest me alot. That ghosts were possibly views of paralel or alternate dimensions, that people never really die, they just shift to another dimensional frequency or something. Pretty cool. I like thinking about this stuff.

top topics

join