It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hungry Howies seems to be in trouble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It's HH's 50th anniversary year, and up here in the Detroit Metro area, it's birthplace, I've noted some peculiar happenings. I normally hit them up 1-4 times per month. And tend to get the same couple things.

I keep getting different prices the past month. Generally way more than usual.

Last weekend I called ahead on a pizza (normally $12.71 total), and dude said it would be over $16. I went back and forth with him over it, demanded the manager, he got on and said "$12.71 regular menu price".

Thank you!

Today I called in a delivery order to the other shop by my home, and next thing I know I'm talking to Indian call center. Normally the thing picks up and tells you all kinds of deals then the human gets on, etc. They know who I am and all that.

Took forever, I thought it was a phone scam until it finally got here (paid cash!).

I didnt even ask the phone guy the price. Pretty sure it was over-charged. I was just hungry from getting sick, and arent familiar with the normal delivery upcharges...

As normally it costs more because they have to pay their drivers whatever. Except then it was delivered by a Door Dash driver. He was nice, and the food was okay anyways.

But then I thought about it, last time I was able to get the manager on the phone to fix the right price. Now it's some guy in India.

So I'm going to call now and ask the pickup price of the $12.71 pizza...
$14.94

For a large pepperoni with extra sauce.

-CLICK-

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkestPatterns

I honestly feel sorry for you or should I feel sorry for the pizza.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Same happens to me . All these restaurants partner with door dash . Pizza Hut used door dash to deliver my pizza , they didn’t tell me they were going to do it , 2 people that looked like they may be from who knows where both brought my one pizza up . Garlic knot is another place close by , i called them 100 times . Always spoke to the same dude . We were good , called them again and a guy from India answered , I also thought I was getting ripped off , it was doordash partnered with them also . I guess they don’t need to tell you

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tough2fool

That happened with the Pizza Hut in town, delivery by door dash. Whole items just left off the order, and my only recourse was to go to the store to pick them up. Honestly glad I did; the attitude of the lady working the counter pretty much told me all I needed to know about ordering from them again. I just make my own pizza at home instead, and keep a couple of frozen ones around just in case I want to be lazy with it.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I am guessing you can order a pizza on a phone app that the pizza shop allows you to download?
Big business is about making more money

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Welcome to the brave New World .

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   
They have these Ghost Kitchens and Cloud Kitchens to be used as a sort of commissary hub for ToGo food. It's a cool idea, but it's getting used by big restaurants, like Cheese Cake Factory posing as an Italian Bistro, less than small business entrepreneurs. I can see how Grub Hub and Uber Eats order orders could be routed from India to your nearest cloud kitchen location.

cloudkitchens.com...
www.forbes.com...

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I like Aldi's deli pizzas. Only around $8 and enough for 2 people for 2-3 dinners

new topics

top topics

join