It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

intresting spacecraft in front NAEA's Glenn Research Center

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 07:34 PM
link   

make you wonder why they would have that on a pole, usually agencies(NASA, USAF, SPACEX, etc.) mount old and very important craft, real craft.

they do all sorts of stuff at Glenn that is cutting edge. Is it impossible the mounted craft was one of their successes?

also the three black deltas holding it up that are its shadow.

edit on 29-4-2023 by ifo8844 because: .

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ifo8844

Not a spacecraft at all. Just an experimental aircraft. I looked up the number on the wing.

N2B aircraft

An experimental high efficiency transport.
edit on 29-4-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge2
a reply to: ifo8844

Not a spacecraft at all. Just an experimental aircraft. I looked up the number on the wing.

N2B aircraft

I'm guessing that's a powered wind tunnel model?

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

It certainly looks that way. Nice lines though.

It is a lifting body like the one that crashed inspiring the 'Six Million Dollar Man'. The crash at the beginning credits was real. The pilot survived. They did put him back together.

edit on 29-4-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

you have to admit it is awfully similar to NASP and other SSTO aircraft/spacecraft

Pres. Regan said in his diary that he meet with high ups in the PTB and was amazed and happy to hear we(the US) could orbit 300 men at once.

at that time the Shuttle(STS) was coming online and that was max 8 people at a time.

I think it would be safe to assume that coming up on the first rocket launch to leave earth(a NAZI/German V2) almost 100 years ago, to think we have not made at least unmanned weapons in space maybe using such tech we wouldnt even recognize it.

space and the moon are the ultimate high ground in a war, just drop your bombs down the gravity well and keep you base on the far side and it would be quite the military effort to even intercept kinetic/nuclear/conventional weapons let alone being able to hit the base on the far side of the moon.

there is no way that the US was going to let Russia or anyone else for that matter.

dreams or nightmares, depends on your point of view

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The N2A with back fins looks the most realistic and flyable.

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 04:50 AM
link   
What a wonderful video. Thanks Beyondknowledge

a reply to: beyondknowledge2

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge2

lot of lifting capacity in that aircraft

a delta wing will never be made for passenger flights, there is to much loss of usable space and a very uncomfortable ride compaired to a new 777.

what i see is an airbreathing heavy lifting body that could life a rocket/parasite craft to orbit or with the right engine setup possibly get to space on its own.

edit on 30-4-2023 by ifo8844 because: .

new topics

top topics

join