It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthroposophy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Excuse me I'm going to quote a lot in this.

Anthroposophy is a spiritualist movement[1] which was founded in the early 20th century by the esotericist Rudolf Steiner[2] that postulates the existence of an objective, intellectually comprehensible spiritual world, accessible to human experience. Followers of anthroposophy aim to engage in spiritual discovery through a mode of thought independent of sensory experience.[3]: 3–11, 392–5 [4] While much of anthroposophy is pseudoscientific, proponents claim to present their ideas in a manner that is verifiable by rational discourse and say that they seek precision and clarity comparable to that obtained by scientists investigating the physical world.

Anthroposophy has its roots in German idealism, mystical philosophies, and pseudoscience including racist pseudoscience.[5][1][6][7] Steiner chose the term anthroposophy (from Greek anthropo-, 'human', and sophia, 'wisdom') to emphasize his philosophy's humanistic orientation.[3][8] He defined it as "a scientific exploration of the spiritual world",[9] Others have variously called it a "philosophy and cultural movement",[10] a "spiritual movement",[11] a "spiritual science",[12] or "a system of thought".[13] Anthroposophical ideas have been employed in alternative movements in many areas including education (both in Waldorf schools and in the Camphill movement), agriculture, medicine, banking, organizational development, and the arts.[3][14][15][16][17] The main organization for advocacy of Steiner's ideas, the Anthroposophical Society, is headquartered at the Goetheanum in Dornach, Switzerland.

wiki1

It's pretty far spread and quite influential in German speaking countries.

When he was nine years old, Steiner believed that he saw the spirit of an aunt who had died in a far-off town, asking him to help her at a time when neither he nor his family knew of the woman's death.[38] Steiner later related that as a child, he felt "that one must carry the knowledge of the spiritual world within oneself after the fashion of geometry ... [for here] one is permitted to know something which the mind alone, through its own power, experiences. In this feeling I found the justification for the spiritual world that I experienced ... I confirmed for myself by means of geometry the feeling that I must speak of a world 'which is not seen'."[2]

wiki2

The search for the understanding of the universe in German tradition in a very eugenics-ish racist philosophy.
To this day children in those schools get categorized by head form and temper.

Anthroposophy describes a broad evolution of human consciousness. Early stages of human evolution possess an intuitive perception of reality, including a clairvoyant perception of spiritual realities. Humanity has progressively evolved an increasing reliance on intellectual faculties and a corresponding loss of intuitive or clairvoyant experiences, which have become atavistic. The increasing intellectualization of consciousness, initially a progressive direction of evolution, has led to an excessive reliance on abstraction and a loss of contact with both natural and spiritual realities. However, to go further requires new capacities that combine the clarity of intellectual thought with the imagination and with consciously achieved inspiration and intuitive insights.[69]

It's also a really big theme in German culture history. There was a big spiritistic aspect in Nazi ideology. read here if you're interested
The same as it is the topic in Goethe's Faust, it's always about knowledge, power and sex, in an esoteric setting.

Not really sure if that means anything, but I got invited to a chat with coffee by one of those people and I obviously didn't go but ever since I had in the back of my head what 'clubs' are out there regarding the public as their plaything?

edit on 27-4-2023 by Peeple because: sources

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

A minute ago I was watching Terrace McKenna in his last interview explain how everything[[i] works. It was at the 18-minute mark where he explained how everything came to be as it is. (And nothing had to do with mere politics.)

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I know one person getting into Anthroposophy. Some of it was a bit too simplified, mixing concepts on some vague connections. Hermes was a big one for manifesting things. I prefer the planning and doing home work approach.

One saying that really suck out recently:

If you want to conquer the world, first you have to conquer yourself.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Not really sure if that means anything, but I got invited to a chat with coffee by one of those people and I obviously didn't go but ever since I had in the back of my head, what 'clubs' are out there regarding the public as their plaything?

The pop-cultural opposite of nAzI is a big club few are in, and the internet also says it is currently "illegal" to notice.
Internet rumors make fiction powerful. Look at slap-happy Santa Claus.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I'm not an anthroposophist, just read Steiner's books as a kid.

Looking back decades later, two thoughts come to mind.

The first is the intellectual understanding of Steiner's lectures.

The second is one had to grok Steiner's concepts with something other than the intellect.

"Grok" is a wonderful word, the author Heinlein coined it in a book Stranger In A Strange Land.

An analogy is the joke. If we intellectually explain a joke it looses something important. The joke is not funny.

The words do not connect with something deeper within us than intellect.

Get it?

Werner Erhard of EST fame (Erhard Seminars Training) was aware of the principal way back in the 1970s.

He said of the training; If you understood the training you didn't get it.

I practice Biodynamic gardening at home and had to read Steiner's agricultural lectures many times before I could grok how sulphur and the other substances at work in the garden.

One needs a deeper understanding than the intellect.

So I would suggest using only the intellect in regards to understanding Steiner's lectures is an incomplete understanding.

Sure one can intellectualise over brandy and cigars until the cows come home, that is what the intellect does best.

To understand how Nature works in the garden is something else completely.

edit on 27-4-2023 by NewNobodySpecial268 because: fixed the italic problem.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I have had Sleep Paralysis since I was 7 years old. I have had 1000's of visitations by the 7' faceless hooded entity which I perceive as evil. I got it under control decades later as I began to pray to God for it to stop. It did slow down during Christmas week of 2018. He has never returned but several others have since but less than 6 visitations and were in 2023. Post him it was by all young women from 28 -32 years old.

In my pursuit to explain the above I contacted Dr. David Hufford who contacted Dr. Sheila Pryce Brooks of York University in London UK. She interviewed me by Zoom call in 2022. She told me that Steiner refererred to the 7' entity as The Keeper of The Threshold. My interview may be released to the public via podcast but I havent given her permission yet as it will ruin ones life if you dont understand whats going on. For me it was horrific. For Sheila it was worse.

Rudolf Steiner was onto something and I trust his works. I also have a huge back story to my Sleep Paralysis but wont get into it here. It caused me to return to the church in 2021 upon meeting someone who forever changed my perspective in life along with the Spiritual world. I also found out that the Catholic Church recognises Reincarnation, Past Lives, Twin Flames and much more.

Yes after blowing the spiritual stuff off for decades I now accept it as Science cant exlain it
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Between the ages of 14 & 32 I had monthly/ two-monthly nocturnal seizures which always were initiated when I was in the hypnogogic state, between waking & sleeping. I would lose my vision & hearing, and would feel my head/brain being electrocuted as though by a 10,000 volt charge for something like 30 seconds before coming out of it.

I had some associated sleep paralysis encounters - one in particular with a succubus, who implanted some sort of entity/implement inside my abdominal cavity by passing it into my mouth as I was in a hypnogogic state of sleep paralysis (it wriggled its way down my oesophagus, into my stomach, then out from there). That night, and the next day, I was plagued by severe abdominal pain & pulsating movements of 'something' like a worm or snake with a sharp set of teeth or horns (very similar to the Goa'uld parasite in the Stargate franchise) wriggling within my abdominal cavity, cutting out through some part of my gut into the abdomen, where it remained, and tormented me day & night at various intervals for the next twenty years.

I would even see it moving within me as a pregnant woman would see the arm or foot of her baby pushing outwards from the womb. Terrified me for a long time, until I realised that it was basically the same thing as that which St Paul wrote of when he described a 'thorn in his side', a 'messenger from Satan' to keep him humble. It was truly a 'thorn' because it caused pain when it moved, and it was definitely of Satan because it was implanted by a Succubus demon creature. It stopped causing me problems around six years ago, so it is my assumption that the Lord somehow neutralised or removed it.

The day after it had been implanted, a demoniac guy living in the same hostel as myself laughed riotously & stated openly in demonic glee: "It's Beelzebub". I hadn't mentioned anything about the event the night before, but he seemed to preternaturally know what was going on. And trust me, he was a genuine demoniac, based on his behaviour patterns over the preceding month I had known him. Crazy stuff - I never mock at those who discuss & describe these nocturnal demonic creatures, because of this direct experience of mine over so many years.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I am not familiar with this movement or Steiner's efforts. I look forward to reading everyone's posts and references.

I was very moved recently by listening to Steiner's view on vaccine's from 1917. He states even then that they were injecting children with too many. Saying vaccines fill the space in us that is there for our spiritual connection. I wonder who I would be without the vaccines I had growing up.

1917 Steiner on vaccines

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

That's a great quote.
I'm not a fan of it to be honest. Those categories they use to sort the world into a system that's just too rigid to be useful. I think pursuing it doesn't open you up or liberate you from social conventions it locks you in a subculture that can easily turn cult and be exploited.

I prefer the ...home work approach.

Amen to that

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 12:54 AM
link   

It may be that the Germans really wanted a spiritual out, so to speak.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 02:28 AM
link   

His books are highly interesting.
B6t the cult formed around him is just the continuation of what blavatsky introduced to the western society...

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

There are surprisingly many though who are into Theosophy and its offspring.
Which is surprising to me, because the Hippies were called 'spiritual revolution' apparently that isn't technically true and it was more a 'chemical dreaming' revolution .
Lots of surprises in my world view....

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 04:13 AM
link   

It was a revolution in the sense that chemicals allow you to access similar state of minds without going through the various rituals.

Home work became increasingly easy to do, as you didn't even have to study to get your homework... Just 3 drops of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" and the work began...

Obviously it can be beneficial to have a collective that helps you deal with the experience, but then again they might just lead you to the conclusions they want you to have.

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Trust The Science IMO they can shove their science up their arse. You and I know what we are taking about because we have experienced it. We are visited by different entities that I perceive as evil. Mine was the 7' hooded faceless and handless entity that visited me over 1000 times since my childhood. I was last visited by it in December 2018 as I prayed to God to make it stop. "It" hasent returned since and were now in 2023. "It" was replaced by three beautiful females whom have visited me while in Sleep Paralysis, not more than 10 times. My last SP experience was in January 2022.

I now have returned to the church and pray to the Rosary. Thats my deal with Father Robert Morey of The Catholic Diocese of Charleston for Spiritual Protection. It does work for me. I also stopped the 2022 SP by calling in my mind, "Jesus please help me". The SP stopped immediately.

SP isnt science its spiritual. Dr. Brooks interviewed me for two hours via a zoom call. She also gets attacked while in SP. Email your story to her and she will get back to you. She told me the 7' "Hoodie" is The Guardian of The Threshold

Dr Sheila Pryce Brooks Sleep Paralysis Expert

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Steiner's philosophies are found all over the Waldorf method of education. Drop by a Waldorf school anywhere and you'll see it all being taught. They also use something called Eurythmy, which is a form of occult spiritualized dance which "makes visible the spiritual forces within our human speaking and singing"- definition from a local Waldorf school. It's all dark, imo. This does not come from a good place and did its part to create the darkness and depravation of Nazi Germany.

articles2.icsahome.com...

edit on 25-5-2023 by ConnectDDots because: added a link to clarifying information

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 12:42 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join