It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opposite of missing time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This has been puzzling me for over 20 years!

When I was in my late teens, I worked in a supermarket on Saturdays. Every week it was always the same. My dinner break would come and I would walk home to have dinner as it was only about a quick 10 min walk away. I'd have half an hour at home to eat my dinner and then the 10 min walk back to work. For my dinner I tended to make myself a cup of tea and get something like a can of soup or a sandwich so it would probably be about 5-10 mins preparation and leave me with 20 minutes to consume it.

On one particular Saturday, something weird happened that to this day, I can't explain! I made my food and drink and sat down to eat it. Nothing different happened that day, yet time seemed to go ridiculously slow, to the point that the half an hour at home felt like many, many hours. I'd had instances at work whereby work was so slow that I ended up clock watching out of boredom and what would feel like 15 minutes would only be 5 mins, but that dinner time was different to that in a way I'm having trouble explaining. Usually time would count down as I'm consuming my dinner, but it was like time was getting longer and longer. As though it was stretching out. I finished my food and it seemed like I had taken hours to eat it, as though time had slowed down! But what's weird is it hadn't slowed down for anyone else.

I even asked whoever was at home with me at the time, to check the time, because I thought the time I was looking at must have stopped or been wrong. Finally it was time to go back to work but it felt like I'd been at home for easily 6 hours. It felt like something was wrong or OFF all the way back to work and thought I was going to get told off for missing several hours of work but when I got back there, everything was as it should be.

Has anyone ever had anything similar?

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: scottishhiker

CERN turned on the LHC.

My whole childhood felt like it was 60 years instead of 18. Now, each day feels like a couple hours.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

My whole childhood felt like it was 60 years instead of 18. Now, each day feels like a couple hours.

When you were two years old, each year was 50% of your entire life. At 50 years old each year is about 2% of your entire life. I don't know anyone who does not have the perception that life moves faster the older they get.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I have to ask, were you high?

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

When you were two years old, each year was 50% of your entire life. At 50 years old each year is about 2% of your entire life. I don't know anyone who does not have the perception that life moves faster the older they get.

I feel like it was because I was constantly doing what my parents wanted, as opposed what I wanted to do with my time. Five days a week being consumed by the Jehovah’s Witness religion was by far the most painful.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

LOL. This definitely makes time slooooowwww dooooowwwwn.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I experience this a few times a year or so. Most days feel like time flies and I get little done but there are a few strange ones where I do tons of work and expect it to be, say mid afternoon, and it turns out to only noon or before. It's quite baffling and I've never figured it out especially the weird feeling it leaves me with and there is a calmness to it that is probably why I efficiently get stuff done.

No drugs either for those who suggested it.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Time in the brain doesn't follow the steady ticking of the world's most precise clocks. ... brain doesn't follow the steady ticking of the world's most precise clocks. Instead, it seems to fly by at one moment and practically stand still at others. This distorted sense of time may be caused, in part, by brain cells getting tired, according to a new study.

[www.livescience.com...]

After a lifetime of fascination with the unexplained, often thought of as 'paranormal', I've come to the conclusion that these events are quite normal. It's our lack of understanding how the universe is connected and interdependent at all points that make it seem so 'woo'.

Tesla said "The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence".

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Most likely you were experiencing a period of hyper-focus.

It can occur without any identifiable "cause" such as injury or drugs/stimulants/depressants.

In such a state, your sensory awareness floods your brain with inputs to the extent that your sense of time passage is altered.

The effect (and maybe a clue to its cause?) is somewhat similar to the "laser focus" many individuals on the autism spectrum are reported to exhibit.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Time still moves incredibly slow for me. I'm aching for each day to end . Just to have to do it all over the next

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Like you I have had a couple of incidents, now long in the past regarding time anomlies.
The college I attended many, many years ago was about a 2 1/2 hour drive from my small hometown. Being a less than prosperous college student (as most were back then) on the weekends that I was not at work flipping burgers I would venture home for the weekend.
Now mind you this was much prior to cell phones and such conveniences so my folks had given me a phone card so that my calls would be reflected to their bill. (I was very frugal in using it and usually only to call home)
Typically I would call home before leaving my apartment so to my folks would know that I was on my way and it was most often an a Friday night after I got off of work.
One weekend I was just too tired to think about driving home after I did got off of work at 11:30pm so I decided to wait until early Saturday.
I left for home about 6:30am but since it was so early I chose not to call home first. The drive had become almost automatic by now so when I arrived home I thought that I had just experienced a little "highway hypnosis" because it did not feel a long as it typically did. I also kept the cassette playing cranking!!
My mom seemed surprised that I had arrived home so early so I told her that I had left at 6:30. She said "no way',it's only 7:45 right now! You must have left earlier and did not pay attention."
I told her that I did indeed leave at 6:30 and even had a gas station receipt to prove it.
This occurred only one other time when I chose to leave late on a Friday after work to come home to see a buddy of mine before he left for the service.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I feel like it was because I was constantly doing what my parents wanted, as opposed what I wanted to do with my time. Five days a week being consumed by the Jehovah’s Witness religion was by far the most painful.

I can identify with this in a way. For me it wasn't a religious strictness, but a constant working and doing for someone else that I felt like I was 90 years old by the time I was 17. Felt like I had lived about 4 lives just by the time I got to 21.

Someone put it to me like this one time.
"Have you ever watched an hour glass? When you first turn it over the sand seems to be barely moving, but when it gets down to the last few minutes it seems to speed up, then when you get to the last few seconds it seems to really speed up like it gets a jolt of speed right at the very end. But the sand is falling at the same rate of speed the whole time." Time is like this.

To the OP:
I've had a similar experience where time seemed to of stopped. But I was on some strong hallucinogenics at the time.
But I do know the sensation and it is really freaky. Like I had gotten stuck in time for an hour but it had only been one minute.
I add that, because I wonder if it was a unique brain wave you had going on that day for some reason. Almost as if it your subconscious was correcting something, possibly a memory, maybe. Just a guess tho.
Unless you walked thru some weird Mlk ultra cloud that day.
Weird tho.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   
From some of the unofficial reports from MK Ultra, there are drugs out there than can seriously mess with your perception of time. Faster and slower.

Usually when keeping busy time generally passes quicker. There is also an age thing going on, as we get older the days go quicker. When old people drive slow, things are still going quick for them. I remember those days in the cot waiting for mum to wake up. An hour or two then feels like a whole day now.

I know life has some strange days occasionally.

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

No lol, I wasn't high. I was 16 or 17 at the time it happened, so I wasn't drinking alcohol either

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thanks for all of your replies. It has given me something to think about and I enjoyed reading your similar experiences

top topics

join