It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian journalist who interrupted state TV news with Protest Sign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Marina Ovsyannikova is / was a journalist for Russian State media broadcaster Channel One who had her own message for the channel's viewers yesterday.

The placard Ms Ovsyannikova held read in English: "No war. Russians against war."

In Russian, it said: "NO WAR. Stop the war. Don't believe propaganda. They are lying to you here."

Marina recorded a message before her protest explaining why she felt the need to make her statement.

Today Marina Ovsyannikova appeared in court.

Following a court hearing, she was fined 30,000 roubles (£213), state media reported.
news.sky.com... awyer-12566880

Gutsy lady , perhaps others will follow her lead.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Marina Ovsyannikova is / was a journalist for Russian State media broadcaster Channel One who had her own message for the channel's viewers yesterday.

[...]

Today Marina Ovsyannikova appeared in court.

Following a court hearing, she was fined 30,000 roubles (£213), state media reported.
news.sky.com... awyer-12566880

Gutsy lady , perhaps others will follow her lead.

It was gutsy however she was just fined 30,000 rubles? what is that like 300 dollars now? or less I don't think TPTB even care
edit on Tue Mar 15 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote trimmed Trim Those Quotes

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I did find the small fine surprising , perhaps because the eyes of the world are focused on her or maybe it's a sign the tide is turning against Putin.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wait 300$ fine ?

I swear in the update thread they said she was going to get 15 years and maybe stoned to death because Putin was such an evil bastard.

300 bucks?

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I found the small fine surprising, too.

I mean, putin is a diabolical genius. He probably had her appear to be protesting for propaganda sake and that fine is what she was actually paid.

Seriously though, I would not be surprised if she was paid by the US or Ukraine to do that some they could rile up support for the war that they want.

I hate to say it, but I am so jaded now, that when I see stories like this or Snake Island, I just don't believe them anymore.

I mean, even here in the US (and I include you in this statement), you continue to hear about the 5 police officers KILLED in the Jan 6 "insurrection ", and the truth is only 1 person died....the unarmed Ashley Babbitt. The officers who died, died of unrelated causes but it is still parroted around.

It would be clown world if it weren't so effed up.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun
Wait 300$ fine ?

I swear in the update thread they said she was going to get 15 years and maybe stoned to death because Putin was such an evil bastard.

300 bucks?

BBC News is reporting she was interrogated for 14 hours.

Edit: Sounds like she got a couple days without sleep and a fine. Not excusing it, but that's barely a slap of the wrist by Russian standards. Very lucky she didn't get 15 years labor, or disappeared altogether.
edit on 15-3-2022 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   
"Gutsy lady , perhaps others will follow her lead."

Absolutely. We need these people in Germany, the EU, Europe, the world, not only in Russia!

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: just4fun
Scrutinize everything. A member posted a link to an article how 2000 civilians got killed in one day. That was two weeks ago and as of 12th March, under 600 civilians actually died.

1 is 1 too much! But 2000 on on day alone and 13 days later we end up with the real number overall casuallities since 24.02 being 3-4 times lower around 600.

That's exaggeration factor of 3x-4x over a 12 day span.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Good for her. A newscaster with the guts to report the truth.

Where are all the brave US journalists?

Kinda makes the warmonger US press seem like they're the ones who actually work for state media.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 12:59 AM
link   

a reply to: theatreboy

Putin is a diabolical genius. He probably had her appear to be protesting for propaganda sake and that fine is what she was actually paid. Seriously though, I would not be surprised if she was paid by the US or Ukraine to do that some they could rile up support for the war that they want.

We're calling shenanigans - The video appears to have some odd green screen effects

Apparently marital problems may also been involved ...

Marina Ovsyannikova is married to Igor Ovsyannikov, a television director for RT. The couple are reported by one source as being recently separated

On the morning of 15 March, a post was made from a Twitter account using her name saying that she did not regret anything and that she was under house arrest. The account was determined to be fake.

Ovsyannikova was charged with organizing an unauthorized public event and fined $280

Russia's Investigative Committee is also investigating Ovsyannikova on charges of publicly spreading "false information" under a new law passed on 4 March and sentenced to up to 15 years

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 01:05 AM
link   
In Ukraine, she would simply be shot live, as they have repeatedly done with journalists, writers, clergymen and businessmen. I'm not going to say what they would do with her in the UK and the US, you know.
In Russia, she was fined $250. Now think about which countries have dictatorship and totalitarianism, and where is real democracy.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Don't ever stop posting.

Absolutely essential there's folks on here from all sides with the disinfo flying around from everywhere

ETA: If you are even Russian

edit on 16-3-2022 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O

Don't ever stop posting.

Absolutely essential there's folks on here from all sides with the disinfo flying around from everywhere

ETA: If you are even Russian

Do you want the opinion of the majority of Russians about this fool? I will announce it to you.

To issue a fine of 30,000 rubles to Ovsyannikova is a brilliant move. So, of course, she jumped on a more severe punishment. But ... Liberals and Ukrainians expected that she would be given a life sentence, shot, quartered and burned in the square, as is customary in Nazi Ukraine. Well, this is their idea of ​​Russian justice. In fact, if the fool Marina had been given a few real years in prison, they would have diligently sculpted a martyr out of her, like out of Pussy Riot. After serving a year or two, she would definitely sing with Madonna, have sex with Bono and get the title of some Russian President in exile a la Tikhanovskaya. I would ride around the world with a mournful face, talking about repressions in despotic Russia. I think that's what she was counting on. And now, after a trifling fine, the liberals, who yesterday were ready to carry Ovsyannikov in their hands, are already suspecting her of conspiracy with the leadership of Channel One and a staged performance. As a result, Marinochka has a full house in her hands. She will no longer be given a job in normal media, even in slightly liberal ones (no one will hire a fool), and she will not become an icon of the liberal opposition like Nadia Tolokno from Pussy Riot. suffered too little for the idea.

Bingo)))))

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Do you want the opinion of the majority of Russians about this fool?

Good that you feel you speak for the "majority of Russians" , RussianTroll.
Sadly the "majority of Russians" don't know what is really going on in Ukraine as State controlled media doesn't tell them , it's down to people like Marina Ovsyannikova and the brave protesters to alert the "Zombiefied" nation.

To issue a fine of 30,000 rubles to Ovsyannikova is a brilliant move. So, of course, she jumped on a more severe punishment. But ... Liberals and Ukrainians expected that she would be given a life sentence, shot, quartered and burned in the square, as is customary in Nazi Ukraine. Well, this is their idea of ​​Russian justice. In fact, if the fool Marina had been given a few real years in prison, they would have diligently sculpted a martyr out of her, like out of Pussy Riot. After serving a year or two, she would definitely sing with Madonna, have sex with Bono and get the title of some Russian President in exile a la Tikhanovskaya. I would ride around the world with a mournful face, talking about repressions in despotic Russia. I think that's what she was counting on. And now, after a trifling fine, the liberals, who yesterday were ready to carry Ovsyannikov in their hands, are already suspecting her of conspiracy with the leadership of Channel One and a staged performance. As a result, Marinochka has a full house in her hands. She will no longer be given a job in normal media, even in slightly liberal ones (no one will hire a fool), and she will not become an icon of the liberal opposition like Nadia Tolokno from Pussy Riot. suffered too little for the idea.

Nice diatribe ,noticed you added a couple of the popular buzz words in there to reach your target audience , nice.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Do you want the opinion of the majority of Russians about this fool?

Good that you feel you speak for the "majority of Russians" , RussianTroll.
Sadly the "majority of Russians" don't know what is really going on in Ukraine as State controlled media doesn't tell them , it's down to people like Marina Ovsyannikova and the brave protesters to alert the "Zombiefied" nation.

Nice diatribe ,noticed you added a couple of the popular buzz words in there to reach your target audience , nice.

Don't you think that you, and I, and citizens of other countries can speak on behalf of the majority of the English, and accordingly represent everything that is happening in England?
Are you ready for this?

top topics

join