It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Cavers on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I came across an outstanding Youtube channel the other day called "Caveman Hikes."
Ive been addicted to these videos since finding their channel.

An uncle and nephew, Calvin and Jacob, they traverse some pretty incredible caves in I believe to be the Arizona area.
The Uncle is an excellent role model.
They dont ask for subs or likes on their channel - which is one of their downfalls because they would get even more viewers if they did.
Another thing they do is interact with almost all of their videos commenters.

The patience and ability to keep calm in some of these extremely tight and panic inducing situations is commendable.

Just watching these videos at times gets my heart pounding with anxiety.
I picture myself in these situations, having to exhale every last bit of air in my lungs in order to squeeze my body through, what most people would look at and think its impossible to fit in there, sized crevasse.

Ive learnt a lot already just from watching the channel. Caving is actually pretty safe.
There's been one person of note who has gotten themselves in a bad situation and ended up dying - that person is John Jones.

But stats show cavers have more of a chance of getting killed driving to their prospective cave site, than they do falling victim to an accident in the cave itself.
Of course common sense comes into play and going with other people is a good idea incase one was to have an accident.

Does ATS have any Cave explorers?
If so, lets hear some tales!

Otherwise, check out this 360 video and tell me if you had an elevated heart rate at any point.

I cant get this on to imbed but its pretty intense.
www.youtube.com...

Heres a video of Jacob squeezing himself into a very peculiar spot.

edit on 13-3-2022 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Caves have always fascinated me, but never been one to go off exploring them myself.

I've been on the Mammoth Cave tour a few times. Not a cave, but the Adventure Mine tour in Greenland, MI, was pretty awesome. And I've been through the cave tours at Florida Caverns State Park a couple times as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I'm getting anxiety just looking at the thumbnails.

I can think of nothing worse and leaving this thread to go breathe into a paper bag.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I guess it's not for me. I started getting anxiety as soon as I started watching that second video. Had to turn it off when my breathing felt restricted
I guess I'll stick to the surface if I can.
Been in a few very cool (big) caves though! I love how the air feels down there.
My great grandfather (paternal) died in a mining accident so maybe I have a bit of ancestral memory going on.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I've often wondered the same thing, maybe a mining accident in a previous life. Wouldn't get in that hole for all the money in the world. Couldn't even click play.
edit on 13/3/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   

My fiances uncle was paid to map out caves.he is now in his 70s and memory care so I don't get to hear the stories but he's got alot of cool pictures from caves around the world.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Used to explore caves wearing diving gear. A far less forgiving endeavor, but being virtually weightless has a Lot of advantages.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Claustrophobia can be linked to abusive parents...

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Love it if its Mammoth Cave big (Kentucky)....cubbyholes....paranoia and freaking out? Not me. Thanks anyhow...

You bring back photos, Ill look!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yea after seeing the story about the gentleman who got trapped in the "nutty putty" caves in utah...I can think of no worse way to exit this mortal coil.

Want to make exploring caves even more exciting? Try it underwater! It's fascinating no doubt but both are a huge nope for me. Claustrophobia is a b****.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

yeah I got like that too.
Something about seeing legs bunched up and shoulders pressed in as they drag themselves through a foot high opening, lol
it terrifies me.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Nope! The masks triggered my claustrophobia. My sparring helmet can do it if I can't find the strap to pull it off when I'm winded and hot. Those caves would get to me.

I can get uncomfortable just watching.

new topics

top topics

join