It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overreaction: a dumb unimportant post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Dumb, unimportant post, but this is the chat forum.

I just overreacted and I am totally embarrassed.
We've been to the pub for a nice drink and then ordered food from our Turkish takeaway once back home.

Different delivery guy than normal. Handed over food. When we opened it, it was the wrong Pizza and they forgot the fries.
Husband called, but I could only hear the guy acknowledging the Pizza.
Meanwhile ate the kebabs, but were still hungry and of course we would have liked all the food in one go.
So I called up [and rightly so as the guy on the phone wasn't aware we had no fries either].
Up until then I was quite amicable, even though tipsy and hungry.
Not eaten all day.
We had paid the right amount already.

40 min later and the new delivery guy hands me the fries. No Pizza. Also asked for the old one back [which was now cold and I can't imagine them selling it again].
He said, he'd 'get my pizza' in two minutes. Now I was actually getting angry and said "you have two minutes".

Waiting another 10 he came back and handed me an open Pizza box [it had clearly been opened and not shut properly again] that looked as if someone had sat on.
So in my anger I said "Why is this open, did you spit on it?".

That was my overreaction and I am not proud. 😬

He reacted by saying "What did you just say?" in a threatening way, like you imagine someone ask another bloke in a pub setting before punching them. I am only a small woman [with a temperament].

He came towards me and I just slammed the door on him.

The Pizza was cold and clearly had very probably been delivered to the wrong place, just like we had the wrong one in our house. Nice when I don't know where it had been.

Please tell me, I know I shouldn't have said the bit with the spit, but I don't normally get handed a box that isn't closed. It took them 3 times to get all of our food here. Now we are not eating it because we have no more appetite and I feel very embarrassed the way I handled it.

Please tell me if you've done similar things, because that would be the only thing stopping me from overthinking my overreaction.
Husband said I didn't do anything wrong. I feel I did.

Damn, how to ruin a good day.

I know this is nothing compared to previous posts on here, but it is what it is, and it is a little incident in my life right now that I needed to vent.😜

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Yes, I would say that the 'spit' part was probably a bit of an over-reaction, but only that part. Even in the pre-pandemic days, the 'replacement pizza' would not have been acceptable. Right after the pizza is cooked, it should be placed in the box, sliced, and then the lid closed, and remain closed until it is placed into the customers hands.

But if that pizza had been delivered to a different address (which seems to be a very likely possibility), and the other customers were the one's who opened the box, then under no circumstance should it have ever been re-delivered to you.

As soon as the restaurant found out about the error(s), they should have immediately made you another pizza.

After they screw up once, they should take extra precautions to ensure that the 2nd attempt is of the utmost quality upon arrival. (As ordered, hot, and fresh)

But I wouldn't let it get to you. Your anger was justified.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Everyone has their moments, the fact you feel the way you do means your a good person, some people love behaving badly you obviously don't.
edit on th122922 by Smigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Bet the delivery guy sends a his pal round to the door later...

On a serious note. Sh*t happens regardless of being right or wrong. It's what you learn from it that counts and the fact that you are looking it over wondering about the right thing to do can only be a good thing in my opinon when it comes to your character.
I wouldn't dwell on it anymore than you have

edit on 28-12-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

(post by glen200376 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I would have refused the open box, especially if it was cold. I think they just switched the pizza with the other person who got the wrong pizza. I hope you got your money back from that deal, that was one of the worst kind of events I heard of in years. One person I know got a pizza delivered that had been dropped, it was a mess inside...they got their money back on that. In the last few years the orders of pizzas seem to be screwed up a lot people say if they are ordered online through places like Little Ceasers or Dominos. It appears to be in the app, people who call in orders are fine around here. Sure they mess up sometimes with deliveries, but they used to take care of refunding the cost but lately they have some weirdness going on. I won't order anything online because I learned from others I talked to of their nightmares with food deliveries.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I agree with Smigg....

I'll go one step further and say: if the pizza box was tampered with, your reaction was quite rational.

Not every time of course; but I've been in similar situations, and sometimes just saying the rational thing is the right thing. It depends on how much pressure built up.

Anyway, just my 5 cents...

edit on 28-12-2021 by StrangeCottageCheese because: 5 cents? 50 cents? you know what i mean...

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Pro tip: the smartest thing you can do after receiving an incorrectly assembled order is to stop buying their services. Especially after two consecutive "mistakes". Give it 3 months to allow for employee turnover and try again.

The holidays are hard on everyone, but especially the food/retail industry and their associated services. Read your Bible/Torah/Koran/Bhagavad Gita/Book of the Dead/Edda and remember your virtues.

Penance complete, moment passed, life continued.

edit on 28-12-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You said the right thing. I would have added another question as well. " When you were sitting on my pizza, did you fart?"

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
i used to own a pizza shop.
I did deliveries sometimes.
One time it took about an hour and a half (we gave her a heads up and told her it would be about 2 hours) to drop off a pizza and the lady had already called the shop, yelled at my employee for "lying" to her and when i knocked on the door she refused to open it and pay for her food. Mind you i wasn't late, i was about 30 mins early.

I sat in her drive way in my car and ate 2 slices of her pizza then spiked the rest on her drive way and just left.

one of the best feelings ever. My employee was really stoked to hear what i did too.

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Ummm…I’d say it’s an overreaction…

You did order pizza…from a Turkish takeaway…

Talk about cultural…misappropriation…

Personally…I’d have had the kebabs…

YouSir

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
😀 Thanks all of you. I am feeling much better now. Of course we won't go back to them. I didn't even think that they would just 'swap' the pizzas. He obviously went back to the other place the third time and swapped them once he had picked up theirs from us.
I thought they'd make me a new one but as it was cold [and burned!] they probably pissed off two households.
However whilst I just closed the box, the others obviously didn't give much of a damn and neither did the trampy looking 'delivery' guy.

Could do a lot about it, but just vented at the owner and told him we won't be back [used them on and off for the last 14 years and they often got it wrong]. That's it. Swapping food around is quite dodgy but I'll leave it at this. Have stopped humming mindless chords out of embarrassment about half an hour ago, that's a good sign. 🙄 😅

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I've totally done things like this but fortunately less as I get older.

I used to look after a mentally challenged man who had a very short fuse. Every friday night he was allowed to order a pizza with one half his toppings, half mine. This one time, he started screaming that his pizza didn't have the right toppings so I called the pizza place in a panic to complain, yes they'd bring another in the background he'd been yelling that he also wanted a coke. As he lived upstairs, I shouted up to him, ok, but forgot to mention it on the phone but thought I had done so in the confusion. Then the new pizza arrives with no coke. He goes ballistic on me and I call again, grumping about the coke.

The pizza guy shows up a third time and just hands me the coke. I offered to pay but he just says "merry christmas" because it was coming up and walked away. I was plenty embarrassed especially as I'd had a crush on the delivery guy for about a decade when I was young and said all manner of stupid things to him.

About five minutes later the handicapped guy shouts down "it's all good, the first order was right" He was dead pleased he got twice the amount. I never ordered pizza again.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Ha ha ha.

I have a tendency to overreact when it comes to food!
(Some say I just have a tendency to overreact full stop).

A mate of mine once got 28 days when he suggested that the workers in a kebab shop he was in had done something into his garlic sauce - yes, he'd had a drink but he said they kept looking at him and laughing🤣 - it was deemed 'racially motivated'.

There must literally be hundreds of takeaways where I live.
I tend to use the same one's:
Two Chinese....I'm quite good mates with the owner of one of them.
An Indian.
And one for kebabs/Pizzas/Parmos etc. Its owned by a family of Iranians - they insist they are Persians - and have been here since the 80's, cracking people.
I used to own a pub just a few doors away from them and would guide everyone who wanted a takeaway to them.
If I didn't insist on paying they would give me free food for life, really nice people.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I think you had reason to be displeased, and he was completely out of line to advance toward you just because you said something he didn't like. It sounds like a shop that should go out of business.

Sadly, customer service all over seems in decline.

Cheers

top topics

join