It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The thought before a thought............

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
"The shift from one reality to the next."

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   
We should not portray science as an exclusively empirical activity only statements and observations.

the reality within thought develops the cohesion of matter under the influence of accretion, cumulus..............

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: Fingle
Just my thoughts…. Okay so I’m no expert on anything, other than a limited knowledge, on the fact, that, I exist and have lived and gained life experience, for some 47 years , I believe, in my view, on this subject,that choice, is the profound and essential, factor in your life, if chosen to benefit yourself, accept the positive and the negative, there really is no good or evil, always feel to encourage your personal growth, through positive and negative the gains are equal and a deeper understanding of the perceptions surrounding each of your experiences of reality and through this enable, a developed view of your existence, it will emerge for you,if you choose, to view further and possibly dissect realms or ideas, you have not, yet, been able to comprehend.

You wouldn't be an expert, just a lay person with limited remembrance of a prior lifetime, or goal you are supposed to exact in this 3d world (you may have a glimmer of something to be remembered and then corrected or put into motion NOW. When you accept that the positive/negative exists as a chaotic catalyst and chose to exist at the fulcrum; in the middle experiencing nothing but status you will have succeeded (as you recognize both as catalysts; necessary) to regain the middle ground as an OBSERSER. You can dissect this philosophy to the nano or neutrino degree (that's up to you) and be correct.

Your true unity would be living in the 'Now' instead of retrospecting the past or anticipating future trends; its not easy to tell ego to take a hike, because there is always a beef or a problem or a solution or a regret to psychoanalyze some past event; and this is just lunacy to correct in the future past debacles.

100%.

This 7+ year old post nails it.

It’s the middle.

If you seek to understand “what is” in general - and not right and wrong - you’re in the middle of the pendulum.

This means you ditch right and wrong to find what is.

To kick the ego you have to let go of what I view as the “human” biological reactions in the thinking brain. It’s “instincts”, thoughts and thinking that gets in your way.

When you’re at the conscious level you “just know” - and that’s all there is to it. The more your outward actions match your true consciousness playing out the more you find your life going “your way” or seemingly being positive.

But, it’s incredibly hard to get there.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

When you’re at the conscious level you “just know” - and that’s all there is to it.

The knowing is conciousness. The unknowing see's things as they are. Without inflicting on those things, the dualities in which conciousness exist. The trick vethumanbeing was sharing is that knowing exist in time. So moving your attention to the NOW (or middle of past/future) empowers the unknower.

Empowering the unknower (or is its name the watcher) empowers a metamorphosis. The compartimization of the egoic mind eventually breaks down into a greater altruistic mind that is reality itself. So in effect both eyes (knower and unknower) become one.

Or if you like christianity ... The light of the body is the eye: if. therefore thine eye be single, thy. whole body shall be full of light.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Truth is not, but a form of focused intentional awareness that we all can grasp and share.....

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Originally I felt that to eliminate, our learned self-destructive negativity in its entirety so that it does not totally destroy us internally and externally.

understanding it is not really thought before a thought but only our thoughts across the collective experience our beliefwhether scientifically based or religiously... was it not Rome that with the inquisition seperated science and spirit? focused intentional awareness think how many historical figures/events have created global focused intentional awareness????

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
In the thought before a thought, maybe we did or did not? in a purer sense we experienced a moment and transitioned light and E-motion?

THE END

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Fingle

Empirically studied.

Precognition is one of those neat things that throws the entire premise of free will into question.

I think its a 10 second delay.

www.nature.com...

Like "I was always going to have preference to post this response to this thread" type stuff.
edit on 10-5-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Thought before a thought such a concept points to the anticipation of the next arising concept after the last arising concept was let go.

Consider a bird; That if one is attached to words; Can mistake the sound of the bird as human words and not just sounds the bird picked up and mimicked now consider human speech just the same.

Sound in the scientific concept is a waveform that bounces like a ball off of matter, into matter, and through matter at various depths based on composition... the speed and distance that it travels from A to B is sort of like light. Sound is not a magnetic or poled waveform like light is; the judgements of good or bad when heard is that polarity or positive and negative to that waveform otherwise it is just sound and has no effect when one does not polarize it other than the volume or loudness(frequency) at which it occurs which also can become cause for polarity or positive or negative.

All that means is sound like light has four poles of possible experience in an individual two negatives and two positives... However; result of those poles vary by individual and yet there is an average tolerable for most individuals as too loud/quiet, too objectionable/pleasing in content. light: Too bright/dark, too hot/cold.

If one conquerors thought by seeing it for what it is; knowing how it arises, knowing how it passes, it reason use and purpose then it can be controlled.

Thought is best considered as an echo that got stuck... the small receptors in the body that catch it in various forms are constantly on alert to receive and they are always on. If you focus on sound but not any particular sound in the area you are in without the interruption of thought like a microphone would... you can see that the root of thought is based on all of that just experienced without thought... and that thought arises from that as a ground that those receptors have decoded from that ground and converted into what gets grasped as "thought" however; That's the thought before a thought as the preoccupation of what already has arisen with what is environmentally arising in the moment... what occurs is a puzzle that "thought" cannot solve... putting "thought" aside then one can clearly hear where all of it has been coming from as a source; there is no self or consciousness in it unless one is attached and mistakes all of that perception as a self when it is an environmental arising being decoded and turned into thought while sitting there distracted by thought and in sleep cycles.

Otherwise; There is no future thought. Some people replace "thought" once they know they can live and dwell without it; with a single word mantra in order to remain focused in body and mind and not get worn out by the body wanting to receive and decode all of that into thought and then effort to prevent the arising or decoding of thought from the environment; as source... when it is really the attachment in the polarities that have been mentioned that have been allowed to form that illusory "self" from what has spontaneously arisen and decoded with the receptors.

Here I am going to stop and issue a warning for those religious vowed against various form of "magic" and that their god picks their prophets or mediums.

If you start striking an object and then start thinking of a word or sound and only that word or sound it will arise out of the striking... such a thing shows that one can transmit words without actually opening one's mouth and speaking.

But to continue on; since one has now seen that they can be a transmitter by another way than speaking or writing or by holding an "empty" mind they can transmit words or thoughts... such a thing works both ways however; start striking the object holding someone in mind and it will start receiving their thoughts/speech.

Feel free to experiment; I personally see no harm in all of this as it occurs all over the place anyway through environmental objects making noise or doing the same thing. It should also open a door to "hearing" for people that are just "seers". Seer is not an easy path when associated with one; As one has to keep such a thing "stainless" or "spotless" to not fall or be booted off of whatever path from its use... and opps now; I am in "hell" because other beings are light or use light as it bounces, penetrates, much farther and faster than sound does and have polarity attachments to light in the same way as other life forms attached to sound do.

The personal journey to be free of course removes or endures those polarities or conditionings to light and sound until they are free... only an individual through their personal practice can know or determine when such a thing can or will occur even with others using those mediums in various ways to a benefit or detriment.

Feel free obviously; unless vowed otherwise for some reason to see what is and is not truth for oneself... but the things spoken of are things that can be directly experienced and how you interpret whatever it is in such experiences is of course also freewill; how you share whatever it is; is really the only place that one should find caution as not all people are receptive to others belief even if they know it and see it as truth; they will make the prove it argument as if you owe them a truth you cannot give for them when a truth from you has already occured.

edit on 10-5-2022 by Crowfoot because: editing

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: glend
The egoic mind eventually breaks down into a greater altruistic mind that is reality itself. no words

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Precognition is one of those neat things that throws the entire premise of free will into question.

Just feeling

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Since my original post back on May 25, 2014, strangely a few things have changed maybe that's just the nature of things I never thought to post on this again in May 2023..but still, my mind enquires in a more relaxed way of just understanding my thoughts and interactions and motivations kinda just watching myself as I stumble through life's trials and tribulations, I still find it all so fascinating what gave me the capacity to look outward around me and inwardly why whats the need why can't I just live work feed breathe? not trying to align but Carl Jung used to do experiments and just go with whatever entered his mind I think he made stuff with either matchsticks or some early form of Lego just to see what happened no thought just let his mind take him along. This was kinda the premise behind my original post the thought before a thought.

Calming in mind can we just be beyond our ego-chattering mind or is it all pre-chosen as some form of healing not creeping into any religious ideology.. but it seems a bit planned no matter how bitter the experience it seems to be able to unfold and ultimately chosen I know the arguments you can throw on this but think deeper with real compassion, not reactive melodramatics (ego) I give love compassion truth and understanding (even when my ego trips in and people piss me off) I just have to let it go. I am not here to judge people only to work through the flow that is my Life and in typing these letters to string a sentence of understandable symbols to maybe enable a sense of me and why I ramble on.. did I just plan a new chapter was it me? or a thought before a thought .....?

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 09:33 PM
link   

If ego-desires are the root of all ego-thoughts. How can we achieve a calm mind. Will we not regress time again and again until the root itself is burnt?

Yet without desires, how could any of us experience truth in this realm of dualities. If no-one ever did us wrong, we could never experience forgiveness.

So desires have great purpose until a time comes when we have experienced all we need to experience to awaken to a higher consciousness. Regardless of how religion describes that higher consciousness.

Just go with the flow.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join