It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt, Pyramids

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Cna anyone shed light on what the true purpose of the Pyramids really are? other than that kings of egypt wanted them built? why? I have looked a lil bit over the net and found maps saying they are near nothing of importance... Why build somehting so unique and huge and monumental with out a place to put it? It wasn't in the center of Egyptian trade or in the capital.... but in the middle of the desert.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It is my blief that the pyramids were not built by the pharoahs but a cicilisation before egypt exsisted...

it has been shown however that the three pyramids correspond to the three stars on orions belt and the nile being the milky way which is visible nearby.. other monuments also correspond to other stars in the constelation...

CHECK THIS SITE OUT alot of alternate views on the pyramids as well as many other ancient monuments... enjoy

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
from cassiopaea.org this channeling session provided the following:

Q: (L) Zecariah Sitchen proposes that the pyramid was built as a permanent marking system to navigate the solar system, could you comment on that idea?
A: That is incorrect. The pyramids were built as energy storage and transference facilities. They were built by the descendants of those known to you as the
Atlanteans who are, of course, your ancestors in soul matters. They were not built to be markers for anything.

apparently when Atlantis was in its heyday they build pyramids that were bigger than the ones at Giza but not out of rock but out of a pure artificial crystal that they manufactured. This was an energy souce for that culture and very important to their civilization. There is rumoured to be several of these on the ocean floors in various locations but covered up etc. Some are said to just barely break the surface of the ocean in a few cases but are not recognizable by people in most cases. Several are said to be in the caribbean area eg. the Bermuda Triangle area.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
damn I was just getting ready to start a thread on the pyramids

"Impossibly huge and geometrically precise stone constructs, withstanding the ravages of time as if by the will of the gods. Unlike the Bermuda Triangle and Atlantis, of course, pyramids are decidedly real. What is in question is their origins, their possible mystical properties, and whether any may have been found on the ocean floor as Atlantean relics."

"It has long been argued that the ancient Egyptians and Aztecs could not possibly have built the pyramids on their own; therefore, they are evidence of some greater intelligence, possibly extraterrestrial."

www.parascope.com...

I think maybe these people had some form of telepathy, because from what I have heard and found so far, it's impossible to say they had a method of constructing these perfect pyramids

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by Morrison]

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
werent they supposed to be the tombs for the pharohs?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
yes that is the most used use for them, always built for pharohs

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
werent they supposed to be the tombs for the pharohs?

Depends on who you talk to. If I recall, there are no sarcophagi in the pyramids at Giza. The pyramids are generally attributed to the Pharaohs because of markings found inside the pyramids, for example a mark on one ceiling block that Egyptologists claim was put there by Khufu or Kafhre's (I don't remember at the moment) workers during quarrying.

Personally, I'm somewhat doubtful of that as the determining factor in this. That's kind of like saying I can claim I built the Empire State Building if I put my name on a brick while I was there. The time frame for construction at Giza has long been in question by many.

Some say the pyramids were built as early as 14,000 years ago, while orthodox Egyptologists seem to have agreed at a date somewhere around 4500 years ago.

Both sides have made arguments for their beliefs, with 2500 BCE as the currently accepted date.

What intrigues me about the date from 14000 or so years ago is that this could have coincided with the end of the last Ice Age, form what I've read.

Anyway, there's a lot that we still haven't discovered about the history of Egypt's megalithic structures, such as the Pyramids and Great Sphinx. In some ways, the entire Giza plateau is a big question that hasn't been answered to the satisfaction of everyone out there.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Yea, I think I saw a show about the pyramids. There was a little hieroglyph of an airplane. Spooky.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
That indeed is the problem, the great pyramid, supposidly built over 20 years by thousands of workers had not one bit of evidence that it was a tomb.

DemonHunter is right, they had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find 'something' to point to to claim that it was a tomb. But we also know that tomb raiders have been piloring the pyramids since shortly after their construction also, so those markings are suspect at best.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I just found this:�
Make of it what u will. Peace

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by sanctum]www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=scienceNews&storyID=4332908

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Sorry, I can't get the link to work, but it's worth a read.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morrison
"Impossibly huge and geometrically precise stone constructs, withstanding the ravages of time as if by the will of the gods. Unlike the Bermuda Triangle and Atlantis, of course, pyramids are decidedly real. What is in question is their origins, their possible mystical properties, and whether any may have been found on the ocean floor as Atlantean relics."

"It has long been argued that the ancient Egyptians and Aztecs could not possibly have built the pyramids on their own; therefore, they are evidence of some greater intelligence, possibly extraterrestrial."

I think maybe these people had some form of telepathy, because from what I have heard and found so far, it's impossible to say they had a method of constructing these perfect pyramids.

The pyramids were probably monuments for the pharaos. I agree that there is not much evidence they were used as a tomb, but the monument hypothesis sounds right. Another theory I read about is that it was a political project to unite the different ethnical groups in Egypt.

I always find these pyramids threads a bit strange. They did not learn to make these things in a day, it was a slow process of hunderds of years. There are earlier and half-finished pyramids. A people with the same intelligence of the modern humans building the same structures for hunderds of years must have become good at building them.

The pyramids are by no means too perfect for ancient struction methods. You can use ropes with sticks to create straight lines. The stones are not perfect or impossible to lift. We have found the places where these stones were made. With boats and wood rollers they were transported to the pyramids.

The resemblance to Orion is probably a co�ncedence. You found 3 points, try looking at the stars to see if you can see any stars that fit. It's pretty easy and the Orion resemblance is not that great. The Egyptains have the north and south of the constellation mixed up.

There is absolutely no evidence of an earlier advanced civilization. Wouldn't this civilization have left any marks behind? In my opinion the Egyptians build the pyramids.

In the Hall of Maat - Weighing the evidence for alternative history

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
1. Human hair was found INSIDE atleast one block of the great pyramid.

2. In order to build the pyramid in 26 years of Kufu (or however you spell it) The 20 ton stones would have to be cut, transported, and placed at a rate of 1 every 2 minutes, that is EVERY minute of thoes 26 years, not just the construction phase.

3. As far as I know, there is NO hyroglyphics of them building the pyramids.

4. The hyroglyphics of the helicopters, gliders, blimps ufos.
www.crystalinks.com...

THENEO:
If the you can tell me how to store and transfer energy (other than kinetic) with stone, then that would start to make sense to me. Though, I DO belive the "Atlanteans" or a previous advenced civilization definatlly had something to do with the construction.

As for them being in the middle of the desert and next to nothing, If they were constructed back in the end of the ice age, wouldn't the dryest and hottest land now, be cooler and thus more temperate in a ice age? I also do belive that much of the artifacts of past civilizations are currently under water, for just that reason (ice age thawing), being that aincent civilizations almost alwias lived near water.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wgatenson

Could you provide a link? I don't think you are allowed to break any of the stones of the pyramids. That means the stone was already broken. The hair could have got there another way.

2. In order to build the pyramid in 26 years of Kufu (or however you spell it) The 20 ton stones would have to be cut, transported, and placed at a rate of 1 every 2 minutes, that is EVERY minute of thoes 26 years, not just the construction phase.

There are about million stones in the pyramid (source). The weight varies between 2 and 20 tons. If they only worked 12 hours a day:

2*10^6 stones / ( 20 years * 365.25 days * 12 hours ) = 22.82 stones per hour.

Multiple groups could easily have done that.

www.crystalinks.com...

The Abydos temple 'helicopter'. This has been debunked before.

As for them being in the middle of the desert and next to nothing.

Yeah, next to the nile is really in the middle of the desert and next to nothing. One of the advanced ancient cultures lived there, because the nile overflowed every year. This allowed for agriculture.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This Archaeologist has a different theory on why they came into existence.

"Archaeologist theorizes that mounds symbolizing resurrection were built up to rise above walls surrounding tombs"

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
What would we do without the "party line"? Perhaps you know Philip Klass?

According to your source, there are "2 million blocks of stone" -- not "million".

The original topic was about the "true purpose", not ramblings such as "The pyramids were probably monuments for the pharaos. I agree that there is not much evidence they were used as a tomb . . ." etc.

You state that "The pyramids are by no means too perfect for ancient 'struction' methods. You can use ropes with sticks to create straight lines." REALLY?
Yet, your own source states that "it is not known how the blocks were put in place" ...and "The maximum error between side lengths is astonishingly less than 0.1%" ... plus "the interior stones fit so well, a card won't fit between them"!

You conclude that there is "absolutely no evidence of an earlier advanced civilization." Would you like to bet on that? Read Hancock, et al.

I could go on, but I just broke a nail!
Look here, here, here, here, and here.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The ancient Egyptians worshiped their pharaohs as gods thats why they built pyramids as tombs for their pharaohs

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Is their any link between the pyramids in Giza and the pyramids built by the Aztecs? Or is this just coincidence?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

3. As far as I know, there is NO hyroglyphics of them building the pyramids.

www.crystalinks.com...

THENEO:
If the you can tell me how to store and transfer energy (other than kinetic) with stone, then that would start to make sense to me. Though, I DO belive the "Atlanteans" or a previous advenced civilization definatlly had something to do with the construction.

As for them being in the middle of the desert and next to nothing, If they were constructed back in the end of the ice age, wouldn't the dryest and hottest land now, be cooler and thus more temperate in a ice age? I also do belive that much of the artifacts of past civilizations are currently under water, for just that reason (ice age thawing), being that aincent civilizations almost alwias lived near water.

Actually this is easier than it sounds. What is stone? In the most basic form it is a type of crude crystal. Take the rest from there.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
The ancient Egyptians worshiped their pharaohs as gods thats why they built pyramids as tombs for their pharaohs

I think it is the opposite. Ancient Atlanteans built the great pyramids using highly advanced tech which we are not as of yet familiar with. The purpose of these pyramids was as power source for reconstructed civilization after its fabled destruction. Due to destruction of ancient Atlantis the technology was lost to reproduce large scale crystal pyramids as had been constructed and used before.

Instead the next best thing was used: stone which is a type of crude crystal. As the Atlantean cultural remnants began to die off the remaining Egyptians built crude pyramids in homage and in tribute to the original Egyptians!

That is the only true explanation for what we see today.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join