It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Threatens to Expose US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Well, well, seems that what most here was hoping for or was contemplating might just take place:
"Saddam Threatens to Expose US"
Link:
www.arabnews.com...

And here also:
www.palestinechronicle.com...

Excerpt:
""According to the European source close to US investigators, Saddam also said that he would ask the International Court of Justice in The Hague to try the US for its crimes against the Iraqi people .."

My interest in just "who" or "whom" are these "European source"?
I have my doubts on this couple articles but wouldn't it make a dream or two come true for some?

Especially if Saddam could really present it in an incriminating way and factually......

Then this also brings back into play that if this case or if such is true, then the "Bush Crew" must and will have Saddam castrated and murdered to prevent him from "spilling the beans".....
Will a "mysterious death" of Saddam necessarily stipulate that Saddam is telling the truth or vindicate that the US actually fears what he will or may reveal?
Hmm.....

Comments?

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
In semantics a European source would be a senior press official, probably the french one due to the pissiness existing between USA and france.

Still, i wonder what Saddam says in the dock.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I have no idea what the U.S. could possibly try him for, it would be U.S. hearsay vs. Saddam hearsay. Neither with physical evidence to back up any claims. The U.S. is in a far better position to fabricate evidence though. I don't see how Saddam could say anything that could be used as evidence in any U.S. based court scenario other than the very glaring lack of WMD as cause for invasion. If he can, he most certainly will be found dead in his cell with the official explanation of heart attack.

If somebody wants to really put Saddam on trial, hand him over to the Iraqis for crimes against his country.

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
If he's smart it doesn't matter if he's killed or not. If he's smart he's already given all the info he has to someone else that would put the info out for everyone to see in the event that Saddam was killed while in US custody. He's incredibly stupid if he lets the secret die with him. And if that's the case I wouldn't believe anything he said anyway.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by HistoryNeverGetsOld
If he's smart it doesn't matter if he's killed or not. If he's smart he's already given all the info he has to someone else that would put the info out for everyone to see in the event that Saddam was killed while in US custody. He's incredibly stupid if he lets the secret die with him. And if that's the case I wouldn't believe anything he said anyway.

I think Saddam would have to share this information with more than one other person. He would've had to share it prior to been picked up or everyone else who had one to one contact with him, after he was caputered will some how disappear as well.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuseAndChimera
I think Saddam would have to share this information with more than one other person. He would've had to share it prior to been picked up or everyone else who had one to one contact with him, after he was caputered will some how disappear as well.

Yeah, you're right, I just figured that would kind of go without saying. I doubt too many of his friends or allies have much access to him. I figure a good deal of them are probably wanted as well. Even if he was allowed visitors I doubt he'd be able to speak freely, and if he was he'd have to have a good hundred visitors for it to work. No one would know who he said what to plus it'd probably be tough to track down all those people. But eh, I'm throwing out too many what-ifs. I guess that's just the way I am

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Well, well, seems that what most here was hoping for.. might just take place:

Comments?

regards
seekerof

Excellent find!

And if this is true..

'The Bush crew' is very much at the end of its road.

Damned either way..

If Saddam goes to a trial..

Or if he mysteriously just happens to die in captivity..

As i think if this happens, everybody will be see through the smokes screen..

Laid there by 'The Bush crew'.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The U.S. (among a handful of other western countries) is plenty complicit in supplying Saddam with the materials used to make the deadly weapons he used against Iran and the Kurds. We knew it then and we looked away.

Saddam won't make it to a trial in the Hague. The Iraqis will kill him by firing squad - facilitated quickly, compliments of BushCo.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If saddam has been smart this evidance has found it's way to a AQ and bin Ladin even though Saddam and Bin Ladin don't like each other. If Saddam never makes it to trial then there could well be some truth in the story.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britman
If saddam has been smart this evidance has found it's way to a AQ and bin Ladin even though Saddam and Bin Ladin don't like each other. If Saddam never makes it to trial then there could well be some truth in the story.

The evidence is out there. BushCo. knows that. They're not gonna let Saddam live to see his day in court.

The Shrub could barely contain his giddyness at the prospect of Saddam's demise in his interview with Diane Sawyer. Not to defend Saddam, because I'm not, I just thought it was tasteless and not becoming of a president of the United States.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Saddam should spill all his beans on what he knows about the U.S.A so that we could analyze it.

We, the people who are sheeple, have to know what on earth the major powerful governments are doing.

We should not discredit information pertaining to these powerful groups in the world, even though it may come from a "dictator".

Any intelligence group in the world would take what Saddam says seriously, and we should, too, if that gives us more power in identifying what goes on behind the scenes.

I am in the quest for the truth, even though it may come from a source most people would discredit. Views from many sources add to the picture--perhaps Saddam is friend of the sheeple?

Anyways, I will be wary if Saddam all of a sudden dies in a plane crash or whatever.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Search for the truth wherever it leads you!

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Here's some excellent analysis on Saddam's capture from Mike Ruppert at From the Wilderness:

SADDAM HUSSEIN

What were they thinking?

Assuming that it is the real Saddam Hussein that was officially taken into custody on December 14 th FTW cannot conceive of a single scenario in which the US government will ever let him come to trial. The world will not accept a secret trial.

The New York Times wrote on December 17th, �The trial of Saddam Hussein must do several things at once. It must educate Iraqis and the world about the nature of his regime, adhere to the highest international standards of fairness, and provide a mechanism for appropriate punishment. The best way to achieve those goals is by creating a tribunal inside Iraq under United Nations authority, staffed by Iraqi and international judges and prosecutors.�

But the dilemma faced by the US was made clear by the Agence France Presse which wrote on December 20th, �Controversial French lawyer Jacques Verges says he is willing to defend Saddam Hussein in court and, if he can, bring world leaders to the witness stand, in what could be a huge embarrassment for the United States, France and other countries.

��He insisted that �all Western heads of state,' from the time of the 1980-1988 Iraq-Iran war to the latest Iraq conflict, should take the stand when the imprisoned former Iraqi officials go on trial� �When we reprove the use of certain weapons (we need to know) who sold these weapons,' he said about Iraq 's past purchase of arms from France, Britain, the United States and Russia.�

Joe Conason of The New York Observer observed on Dec 22nd that, � An obvious prospective witness is Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, who acted as a special envoy to Baghdad during the early 1980's. On a courtroom easel, Saddam might display the famous December 1983 photograph of him shaking hands with Mr. Rumsfeld, who acknowledges that the United States knew Iraq was using chemical weapons. If his forces were using Tabun, mustard gas, and other forbidden poisons, he might ask, why did Washington restore diplomatic relations with Baghdad in November 1984?

There are many problems with the details of Saddam's convenient capture at a time when Bush popularity was sinking. A number of world papers from Britain to Australia have noted that Kurdish rebel groups laid claim to Saddam's capture before US sources released an official story. The Kurdish stories are credible but do not reveal the date of capture which might account for the former Iraqi dictator's disheveled appearance.

On December 21, FTW received the following unsourced photograph in an email titled �From a friend in Saudi Arabia.� The picture purports to show two US soldiers demonstrating how they lifted a Styrofoam block seal to Saddam's hiding place. The picture poses two problems for the US story. First, it clearly depicts ripened dates hanging from a tree branch. This ripening only occurs in the summer months and by December dates have either long since been harvested, rotted black on the branch or have fallen from the trees. Next to the dates is a line holding an unknown meat drying in the sun. Again, this is a process � according to Iraqi and Arab sources � which only occurs during the summer months.

A search of various news websites revealed that the photograph was an AP photo which � along with at least four others showing the ripened dates � is still posted on the CBS News website at: www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/12/14/60minutes/rooney/main588520.shtml .

(Go to �The Capture of Saddam� and then click on �Photo Essays�).

The AP photos dispel other rumors that Saddam had been trapped under a concrete block. AP close-ups of the block above clearly indicate that it is lightweight. This is supported by the less-than-aggressive hand grips used by the soldiers in the photograph. While it is possible that bricks had been placed on top of the foam seal, it remains true that if Saddam had been captured sometime earlier, he was held a prisoner in the spider hole while his captors occupied the Spartan farmhouse above.

The timing and manner of Hussein's capture defy logic. He can only be tried in public and even if convenient confessions from him, unsupported by video or sworn testimony, allow the US to locate planted weapons of mass destruction, the cards of this poker hand are going to have to be fully disclosed at some point. The Bush administration knows this and FTW concludes that even as it announced his capture, it also had decided that Saddam Hussein would never be tried in public or allowed to defend himself. This makes his capture an incredibly ominous event. Something big will have to happen to prevent the trial from taking place.

the whole analysis of 2004:
www.fromthewilderness.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
if the americans didnt want him to be tried, they would have shot him on site, or captured him, interigated him(torture hopefully), and thet kill him. conveniently finding him later and killing him in a shoot out! it wouldnt have been difficult to stage such an act. capturing him alive creates huge problems for the US. not the outcome they hoped for. however, he will be handed over for trial in iraq, and the idea of another Jack Ruby is just more conspiricy theory! unfounded garbage!

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
EXACTLY! We would've shot him in his rat hole and ended it right there.

The only thing I have to say about the articles, and Seeker acknowledged it, is LOOK at the SOURCES. These are most definately VERY anti-America/Israel biased papers...

IF we were worried about what that mad man has to say about us he would be dead period. The fact he still breathes tells me that HE should be very worried about his impending doom.

The whole world already knows that we supplied him when he was fighting Iran, old news, no big deal it was the lesser of two evils and that's how you have to play ball in this world sometimes.

Speaking of Iran, they are under the microscope right now in a very intense way. I look for BIG trouble over there in the near future.

PEACE...
m...

join