It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember That Nuclear Dump Site That 'Was Never Supposed to Leak'?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Yep screw world rape the resources so a few can profit. Screw you if our waste we create can destroy half the world who cares we will be dead in 40 years from old age screw the kids for future generations screw you just as long as a few make a profit today while we leave you suckers with nothing but the mess to clean up for generations it's not our problem it's theirs .

Yep and we just keep allow governments and corporations to walk all over us . I think our time frame in history we will go down as the most stupidest , reckless,oblivious civilization that has came across the earths history

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
"We don't know yet what caused this leak."

WHAT

I think I'm going to go into work tomorrow and break everything and say "I don't know what caused this."

You don't know what "caused" this... wait for it - leak?

It's a one word answer. And we trust these people with safely regulating nuclear reactors?

I only have one thing left to say regarding humanity on a global scale, as a so called "sentient race."

God help us all.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The latest:

enenews.com... -waste-may-have-blew-up-video

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Isn't this the same town that was begging for this facility?

There was a thread about that around here but we all know how well the search function performs it's duties...

Indeed, I was correct:

Buried 2,200 feet below the surface, the Department of Energy has created the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant, or WIPP as it's known. It is the nation's first underground nuclear waste dump, a $2.5 billion repository for old tools, equipment, clothing, and rags contaminated by plutonium at federal defense facilities.

Helping the Local Economy

What's surprising is that it's enormously popular here. Mayor Bob Forrest says the facility "enjoys a 95 percent approval rating in Carlsbad."

Jobs are the reason. WIPP employs nearly 1,000 people. When local potash fertilizer plants began going out of business, WIPP stepped in and offered high-paying jobs complete with benefits.

Town Loves Nuclear Waste Dump

I wonder how much they're loving those "high-paying jobs complete with benefits" now...

edit on 11-3-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: yup, I was right

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
PLEASE, let the nuclear apologist science priest class come into this thread and tell us all how this is not an issue. PLEASE let these know-it-alls tell us how Plutonium is just the same as background and there is nothing to be concerned about. PLEASE let one of these apologists inhale a bit of that "the sun is way worse for radiation then plutonium" plutonium particles and then tell us how there is no issue.

Keep in mind this fiasco is leaking plutonium, a product for which only death is associated. This is the leftover after they finished making bombs which they intended to use on the very people who helped make the bombs - oh yes, even the scientists who worked on the projects will eat nuclear death one way or another as determined by those in charge.

These same giddy science geeks have been making nuclear waste for a immeasurable amount of the earth's existence and in only 80 years have brought it to the brink of ruin simply because they figured that building stuff to blow *&^T up was so cool that the waste could not be an issue. They're like a guy that was so happy to take a dump in his living room that he figured it wouldn't ever be a problem, yet when he went to sell the house he found that the piles of waste he so gleefully created were indeed a problem - only that guy is smarter.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If this waste poses no threat to our health, why bury it underground?

people died while mining, didn't learn a thing. But saved a dollar switching to nuclear

1 and a half times more deadly than anticipated...

The study looked at all causes of death. Only the causes of death listed below were significantly above normal. The results for all other causes of death were within the normal range.

edit on (3/11/1414 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join