It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops hit legally parked car, then arrest the owner.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

A sad world when adult cartoons are the one's leading the way in teaching morals.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

EVERY LEO should watch this, or it should be shown at every graduation ceremony of LEOs

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

HomerinNC
Nope, just a paid vacation then its back to work
This is one reason I'm GLAD I live out in the country!

The country is absolutely not immune from dirty cops.

These police serve-n-protect a criminal government. They are, by definition, criminals. No such thing as an honest cop today.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by gladtobehere

They were just doing their job....
Driving recklessly down a one way street,
hitting a parked car.
We lowly civilians would get a ticket.
They get to frame up an innocent man for their crimes.

Darn those security cameras!

Don't forget dishonouring their oaths,
Premeditated corruption and obstruction of justice,
False accusation,
False arrest,
False imprisonment of a law-abiding citizen
Lying under oath in court.

And there's probably more criminal charges that can be aimed their way too.

On top of all that, the driver of the cop car hit a large, black stationary car..should've drug tested and or alcohol tested him, as well as charging him with driving with undue care and attention.

Make an example out of them, punish them to the max for others like them to take notice of i say...they would do exactly the same to a member of the public if it was reversed.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I happy for the man.

I thought majority of the ATS hates surveillance and security cameras?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Wow I wonder what it looked like from the dash cam' from the cop car.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Yup awesome video.

As for these criminals they should be arrested and fired for conduct unbecoming, filing a false report, and making a false arrest.

They should then be sued for civil rights violations.

Thanks pukes for making my job more difficult, and for tarnishing the career.

edit on 24-2-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Agreed. I support harsher punishments for law enforcement officers that commit criminal acts.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

That is a mighty broad brush you paint with there Picasso. Thanks for judging me without even knowing me.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

TorqueyThePig
reply to post by juspassinthru

That is a mighty broad brush you paint with there Picasso. Thanks for judging me without even knowing me.

I will have your back here.
There are good cops out there and I really don't doubt that you are one.

They are increasingly hard to find though.

And that 'thin blue line' is a mighty tough line to cross.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

He was most likely on his cell phone.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I do appreciate that.

I completely understand that there are bad cops out there. I can even agree that we are seeing an increase of bad cops. I have explained the reasons as to why I believe we are seeing an increase in several previous threads I participated in. Those reasons have made me want to quit law enforcement and I am currently in the process of doing so.

The one thing I don't understand is how some people can judge an entire group of officers by the actions of only some of that group.

Take for example the military. There are tons of documented cases of military members committing atrocities; murder, rape, torture, etc. yet a lot of those people (several members on ATS) who make blanket statements about police, somehow seem to be able to judge the actions of the individual when it comes to the military. I also noticed that some of those people were or are members of the military. Pot meet kettle....

edit on 24-2-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

The one thing I don't understand is how some people can judge an entire group of officers by the actions of only some of that group.

The majority of personal interactions with a police officer are under unhappy circumstances, like getting a traffic ticket. Most people, whether it is consciously or subconsciously, connect with police on that level.

If you asked a random group of people what their last interaction with a cop was, they will probably say that they got pulled over for something. If you asked them if a police officer saved their life recently, almost every one would answer no.

It isn't fair, but I think that is what is at the heart of it.

Now as for me, I grew up around cops, so I have known a lot of them and from the ripe old age of 6 years, I've had the treat of listening in to their conversations with each other. It gives you a peek into their mindset. That's where I learned that they aren't all bad, but that almost all of them would break the law themselves. Does that make them bad? Well, speeding is one thing.... but consciously making the decision to drive while intoxicated and even making the point that they can... because they are a cop? That is a bit different.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

I would say that these particular police heads had this comming and im guessing that it was long over due.
These actions do not just happen on a whim and it takes conciouse effort to be this corupt.
It also reveals the underlying flaw in the system , and that is sanctioned anarchy whithin a overlly complex system.
Its just as simple as that.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The subject line of this thread reads like a good idea for a comedy segment on SNL.

Then you open thre thread to find that it is real.

The scary thing is, we have people like this also running the country. Stupid and corrupt are not exclusive to law enforcment.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

snarky412

Not to mention they were going the wrong way on a one way street...duh

And one wonders why people don't fully trust officials
Hmmmm

Abuse of their badge/power in this situation is truly an understatement!!!!!

Thank goodness for the video

edit on 23-2-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

In Germany you have to obtain something that is called Hochschulreife to be able to enroll in an university...or to become a cop. But I guess in the US they go more by quantity rather than quality and maybe they have to.

Then there is this.

nypost.com...

While America is a modern industrial nation, some things about it only slowly go with the times and some things dont move at all.
edit on 24-2-2014 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

TorqueyThePig
reply to post by MysterX

Agreed. I support harsher punishments for law enforcement officers that commit criminal acts.

Me too.

I know there are good cops, i've met a lot of them.

Isn't there anything you decent copper can do to keep the public respect for police?

Get together and out the dirty cops among you, film them, report them (together)...i know in the real world it isn't as simple as that, but you know what i mean.

There has to be a way, otherwise you good guys will be tarred with the same brush used for them..good or bad, sooner or later the public will only see the bad and ignore the good among your ranks.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Bad cops Bad cops

whatchya gonna do?

whatcya gonna do when they falsely accuse you?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I've said this before. Any and all monetary damages the victim receives from a settlement should come from the department's pension fund. Not insurance( although the insurance company could sue to recoup their losses), the police budget, or the community. Take the money directly from the police pension fund. When these guys see that their future payouts have been slashed and current retirees see their benefits reduced, they'll soon start policing their own ranks and will remove the bad apples. They won't keep them around and cover for them.
If everybody starts filming each other, then everybody will have to start watching their behavior. Even Big Brother will have to get used to being watched....

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Buy some red paint, put inside a balloon, drive to a donut stop, throw it inside their car.
Get some rotten eggs, throw inside their car.
Fake call 911 and watch they scrambled.

All of course, all done without surveillance. Its challenging being a terrorist and the adrenaline, wooo hoo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join