It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profane Twitter Hashtag Back Again After Men's Hockey Win

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SalientSkivvy

The white house thing in 1812 I find is the perfect thing to say when a yank gets to full of him self, Canada always beats the states!

Edit: I also think its funny how America has hundreds of millions of people, where as canada has only 35 million people, and they still cant Find anyone to beat Canadians. We have less people then you there for in theory you should have a greater chance at finding great players. But you must remember you can have the best players in the world but if you dont have chemistry then you wont win. We have both. Again I applaud the USA for putting up a good fight, its just sad how they lost so horribly today. I have actually lost alot of respect for that team and its players. Its a real let down, seeing some of the best players in the world lose like that to people that are not of the same caliber. That brings me to back to chemistry... the USA did not have it. I am ashamed that some of those players are on my favorite NHL team... *cough*Kesler*cough*.

Whats really shocking about team Canada is that it is not the real stars of the team that are scoring either, Crosby hasn't even scored yet. a lot of our goals are coming from the D. That is really cool as it shows the depth of the Canadian roster and the skill of all our players. I was also shocked when Price was named as the #1 goalie. I would have thought that Louongo would have been #1, But it was a good choice as they shut out the Americans.

Tomorrow morning is going to be a wicked game; I expect Sweden will come out hard. They must have a boost of confidence after watching the USA lose to Finland. I can not wait, My best friend is Swedish and she is not talking to me untill after the game ( I was kind of a dick when we beat them the last time so I dont blame her lol) but yes this will be an amazing game to watch.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO CANADA G000000000000!!!!!!!!!! m/
edit on 22-2-2014 by snypwsd because: wanted to say more

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Congrats to Canada. Five stars, three cheers, and two thumbs up! Stand tall and be proud!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

LOL...you know too much...

I can no longer promise your safety.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

real_one
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I wonder who Bieber was cheering for?

himself probably.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by deadcalm

better luck next time Team USA.

I'm guessing only Canadians will get this one...

Laughing hard here, but crying too because I got "Yanked" off of the coffee years ago because my doctor is an idiot. :-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

That's too bad about the coffee because this year they have a bonus roll...in other words you get two chances.

The other roll is on the other side of the rim.

I still haven't won a thing yet though

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Got the alarm set for 5am tomorrow morning... Canada team jersey is hanging up ready to be put on.

Beer is chilled, and the bacon cheese wienie wraps are in the fridge ready to be heated for breakfast...

Go Canada !!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

The best part is most of them don't even know about that war. Too ashamed to teach it in schools. lol

And yes, got a couple cases of beer stocked, and a crew of friends waiting around, some have alarms set, to conjugate at buddy's house with the white sheet and projector in the basement. lol

Win or lose, it's gonna be great game! But yeah.. GO, CANADA, GO!!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I normally don't get down with patriotism, but when Canada beats America in hockey, I like to feel some pride! This whole hashtag nonsense is so very humorous. All these people trying to hate on us Canadians need to learn that our feelings don't get hurt when people call us names. #F***Canada is a seriously awesome place to live!!!

I hope you guys down south enjoy Justin Bieber! You could stuff him somewhere next to Celine Dion if you want....

edit on 23-2-2014 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well...it's all coming to and end.

I'm really proud of Canada. I really am.

Reason #1...Hockey remains OUR sport.

Reason #2...We did extremely well is a LOT of disciplines.

Reason #3...I do like all of my American friends...but...Bieber's yours !!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Iwinder

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by deadcalm

better luck next time Team USA.

I'm guessing only Canadians will get this one...

Laughing hard here, but crying too because I got "Yanked" off of the coffee years ago because my doctor is an idiot. :-)

Regards, Iwinder

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! that is too #ing good!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Anyone else hungover?

The bars were open in Ontario!

I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a Canadian

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Are we the only country to change liquor laws for one day, and open bars for drinking, at 5:00 am, on a sunday, for a hockey game?

Actually, I could see that possibility in Russia too. Do they even have liquor laws there?

I could not picture this in the US....

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

In Russia you get thrown in Jail for not getting drunk while the game is on...

JK Russia

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed
Anyone else hungover?

No hangover, but I sure am tired. I decided to stay up all night so when I started drinking during the game, it wouldn't be first thing in the morning...

edit on 23-2-2014 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed
Anyone else hungover?

Not here in the very South of Ontario, but hell yes we set the alarm for 5:30 am and what do you know?
Our very quiet street was lit up like there is no restrictions on the electricity at all.......Reminded us of Christmas Mornings where all the lights are on.

I believe it was just Toronto and surrounding areas that actually severed booze for the killer game, you think Mr Ford had a say in this?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
As a Flag Waving Canadian, I say whole-heartedly that I love my neighbours south of the 49th parallel.
They simply suck at hockey.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

hahaha pretty much. In Russia, beer wasn't even considered an alcoholic beverage for years and instead was classified a food stuff. That changed in 2011: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Team America choked on some strong defensive play by the Canadians. IMHO the Olympics should be for amateur athlete's. Period. When your entire team is in the NHL ( canada & america) and they average about 1.6 million a season, that's far from amateur. And my fellow American hockey fans, we did nor beat Russia in 82 for the gold, we beat Russia for a chance to play in the gold medal game. Congrats to Canada's two back to back golds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join