It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this going a bit too far??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Saw this on Facebook and had to share.

Hate and vitriol is all I saw from the leader of the Australian Christian Democratic Party, Fred Niles and his supporters.

All this due to an act called "Come heckle Jesus"

I can understand why some may take offence to it, although reading the synopsis about the show it doesn't hold any malice, I just think it's been judged solely on its name.

Anyway, I think thanking god for raining out an entire arts and music festival just because of one act is pretty pathetic.

edit on 14-2-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

you are expecting rational thinking from the religious ?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
They absolutely have a right to put on their 'Come Heckle Jesus' show.

They absolutely have a right to laugh at them being flooded out.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I expected it from someone in Fred Nile's position.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Oh I agree on both parts.

Problem is, they aren't laughing about the festival being flooded, they see it as justice.

That's the problem here.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by khimbar

Oh I agree on both parts.

Problem is, they aren't laughing about the festival being flooded, they see it as justice.

That's the problem here.

Why is that a problem what they think? Why are they not allowed to think that?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Anyway, I think thanking god for raining out an entire arts and music festival just because of one act is pretty pathetic.

Where did he say that? Did you think the same about the "heckle Jesus" also?

All this due to an act called "Come heckle Jesus"

And this thread, due to a post on Facebook.

I don't care about the post by Fred Nile or the "heckle Jesus" act, to be honest. People are allowed to speak freely.
If someone wants to whine about either of them though, be my guest.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

They can say what they want and I can bring it up and say it's pathetic.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Why is that a problem what they think? Why are they not allowed to think that?

Well I agree that someone can think anything they want...... The problem is where this type of thinking can lead to.

Guy who blasphemes against God.......misfortune in the most severe of cases happens to this man....The logic that God had a say in this matter and wished it.

Then another man commits the same blasphemy but after severall weeks nothing untoward happens to this man..... Then someone who noticies this, decides that God needs a helper and commits misfortune to that man in the name of God.

Fair enough this scenario could happen anyway regardless of religion or faith but its a precurser that could hit a few buttons to start a bigger problem.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Please clarify the word "hate". Was the word hate used in anything to promote this festival or was that added as a suggestion? The use of hate for an arts festival would, I assume, be used in the context of fighting it as opposed to celebrating it. Otherwise, I assume, we have entered the twilight zone. I dunno. Common sense would tell me that promoting a festival with the word hate in it would be misconstrued or just negative in nature unless clearly stated as an opposition to hate. Like a we hate haters festival. I highly doubt Jesus has anything to with the flooding. Wasn't Jesus a carpenter as opposed to a money grubbing hate filled asshole? This story seems synonymous to the god hates fags douchebags in Florida. Just my 2 cents...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by khimbar

They can say what they want and I can bring it up and say it's pathetic.

No one is saying you can't.

I'm curious why you think it's a problem they think that.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Condemning 966 acts by calling the fringe festival the "hate" festival is a good start.

Acting like god is on their side for washing all those acts out because of one is another.

God sounds like a petty one...instead of making it rain in bushfire ravaged areas, he washes out an art festival.

This is basically what you're defending.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by khimbar

Condemning 966 acts by calling the fringe festival the "hate" festival is a good start.

Acting like god is on their side for washing all those acts out because of one is another.

God sounds like a petty one...instead of making it rain in bushfire ravaged areas, he washes out an art festival.

This is basically what you're defending.

Yes. I'm defending their right to think that if they want to. Absolutely and totally.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I bet the next show of Come heckle Jesus is a sell out due to the free advertising the Christian dude has given them.
Iam glad we do not have a theist government because people would gladly stone this dude for Blasphemy.

Just found out that the Blasphemy law is still about in AUS and the dude in the video above is taking him to court for it.
it also has the guy who does the show and he says he is just a comedian and people should understand that Jesus would have been a funny guy and I bet he would have laughed.
Hey Christians Turn the other cheek eh?.
edit on 14-2-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I think it's awesome!!!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Gloating, such a Christian virtue.

second.
edit on 14-2-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

join