It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Make a Machine Gun Out of a Soda Bottle (video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Seems like Unity and thisguyrighthere missed the sarcasm of my "legal disclaimer ".
The real point of my post was whether my idea about metal cylinder, bigger compressor and replacing air soft with steel shot would work. Would there be enough air pressure to send steel shot down range at a high enough muzzle velocity to be effective as a weapon ?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

So then use something more like this on a rotatable mount and use bowling balls have 2 one for either side of the house...now that's security. Plus since bowling balls are hollow it'd be a pretty good short range delivery system for nasty stuff...Imagine shooting a container with a nest of bees or fire ants.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Two words for everybody who wants to play.

EYE PROTECTION!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Standard compressor I imagine, so 150psi, Unless he has a regulator on his manifold, but we can't see that.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

Standard, or common air compressors are 150psi, so it could be plausible to make a lethal air gun using steel shot. You would have to use a relatively long barrel how ever, and may want to use a fair sized steel shot so you can capture enough energy to make it dangerous.

I don't know how deadly it would be though. It's not about how big the tank is, it's about the energy you can transfer to that shot.

.68 caliber shot, or .50 caliber shot yeah they would be lethal, .17 bb sized shot not likely

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

randyvs
Two words for everybody who wants to play.

EYE PROTECTION!

I am not an expert on eye protection in the least any and all info I would love. I currently have in my pack Wiley X glasses with the dual lenses. Is this good enough? If not please give me some other options.....Thanks.
edit on 12-2-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Safety glasses would be ideal. The kind you pick up at home depot.
But even shades will work as anything is better than nothing.
You get a lot of bounce back with BBs.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by SubTruth

Safety glasses would be ideal. The kind you pick up at home depot.
But even shades will work as anything is better than nothing.
You get a lot of bounce back with BBs.

Thanks for the reply. I would like to have some tint to them for winter. I wonder what the military is using....Hmmm. I am off to do a little research and thanks again for the tip and reply.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

My 13 year old son came home and told me how to do this lol I would have told him off if i was a sheeple type farther
But as it stands i am an open minded farther who thinks this type of tinkering knowledge shows resourcefulness on his part and gives my faith

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here's a better idea...

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
That is really something.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Very sweet! Muchas grass for the post!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

EyesOpenMouthShut
Thats pretty cool but i would just splurge on this www.youtube.com...
edit on 2/12/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

How do you get the youtube vids to play directly from here??
edit on 2/12/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

there I linked it for you. You basically just take the video number in this case it's lmHENtHW9O0 by looking at the you-tube link. Then put [y vid] in front and [/y vid] behind it; without those spaces between the y and v.

Damn though, Four thousand dollars! for a toy (which doesn't include power source, battery, and other accessories) to fire airsoft pellets at a weak 390 fps? No thanks.

But if you got 4k to "splurge" on this, hey good for you

edit on 14-2-2014 by Nola213 because: content and formatting

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

eh ive seen ceramic bb's (for lack of a better term) used in air soft sniper rifles that will drop windows and shatter teeth.......put them in the mini gun and you might have enough of a deterant to grab a real weapon.....hear they work real well on cars too

en.wikipedia.org...

Metallic Specially designed and built metallic 6 mm BBs for airsoft guns can be found on the market. These metallic BBs should typically not be used for airsoft play because they can break airsoft players' eye protection at close range, and cause fatal injuries[citation needed]. These are typically designed for very high velocity sniper rifles and should only be used for target shooting due to increased safety concerns. These airsoft pellets are heavy which means they lower the fps (feet per second) but they increase the amount of damage on an object[citation needed]. Ceramic Created from lab grown crystal lattice structures, these BBs are individually CNC machined. The result is a BB that contains no voids, is perfectly spherical and is exactly the same weight from BB to BB. The downside is they are extremely expensive. Like metallic BBs, they can defeat standard eye protection at close ranges and should only be used for long distance.

www.youtube.com... ignore the weird intro ranting
this one seems to give a bit more oompth

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Now I wonder what a 2,000 psi SCBA tank would do using ballbearings?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

Not in defence of my home! They'd be singing "Burning Down the House" at my funeral!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join