It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder to step down this year: report

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
couldn't be soon enough

DOJ is no place for a racist

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Im glad to see him go...one of the things Ive learned over my lifetime is that : sometimes the replacement for the bad guy is an even worse guy.

No one touched Holder so... if it were me wanting to step up the game, Id place someone in the position that could/would push the envelope . Id carefully choose my new bad guy because I got away with maintaining the old bad guy (Holder) who committed the "lesser" crimes . My new guy is capable of so much more... and the public now sees they cant do a damned thing.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by Snarl

I agree with Xcathdra, the Obama administration probably wants to get a new AG in place in case the Republicans win or tie for the U.S. Senate. So if Holder was going to leave before the end of his term, better for them he do it this year and not next.

Along the same line of thinking, I wonder if they're going to urge Ruth Ginsberg to step away from the Supreme Court this year.
edit on 11-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

Dream on. The republicans will lose both the house and senate the Tea Party will make sure of that. If the republicans had any brains they would demand that the Tea Party form it's own party instead of running under the republican ticket.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

buster2010

Aleister
reply to post by Snarl

I agree with Xcathdra, the Obama administration probably wants to get a new AG in place in case the Republicans win or tie for the U.S. Senate. So if Holder was going to leave before the end of his term, better for them he do it this year and not next.

Along the same line of thinking, I wonder if they're going to urge Ruth Ginsberg to step away from the Supreme Court this year.

Dream on. The republicans will lose both the house and senate the Tea Party will make sure of that. If the republicans had any brains they would demand that the Tea Party form it's own party instead of running under the republican ticket.

Dream on? Nightmare on. I'm with you on this side of the odd partisan fence, and I hope you are a prophet with a motive. I haven't studied the U.S. senate races, are any tea party people taking on the more centrist Republican Senators up for reelection (if there are any, a centrist GOPer is becoming rarer).

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Nothing like the opponent offering "suggestions" on how to win the game.

Seems that many RINOs are poised to get dumped, if they haven't already.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Count me in as glad to see Holder Go.

If there was truly justice in this country he would be sitting in prison.

But we know there isn't.

The Department of Injustice just maybe become the Department of Justice again.

The only thing it has been is another branch of the White house.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Good riddance.

However, part of me wishes he would stay. Basically what this is is damage control. All of the bad publicity and dirt leaves with him and if they find someone that doesn't have a bad past, they have a (reasonably) clean slate. This seems to be the way they operate in all of these high offices. Like CIA directors. They let them take all the dirt until they're so dirty the office can barely function and then they resign and take all the dirt away with them.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Good bye and good riddance!

You won't be missed Holder.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

buster2010

Aleister
reply to post by Snarl

I don't get you. If it hadn't been for the Tea Party, Mitt Romney may have taken Obamarama's second term away from him, and this thread wouldn't exist. But ... we'd most likely be side-by-side in the trenches with the Israelis.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I am thankful my forefathers didn't wait for the crown to resign and start receiving his pension to proclaim justice.

When are you fools going to learn resigning or being voted out with a pension and 6 figure salary awaiting is not justice?

The next guy is just going to come in and do the same, because there is no accountability in federal politics.

So go ahead and claim victory, while it is anything but.

Home of the brave my a**.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

He will only resign when a position in the supreme court is open for him before Obama gets out of the white house, he is holding on to that chance.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Snarl
Didn't know whether to put this in the Prophesies and Prediction forum based on the dates, but this oughta make a lotta people around here happy.

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder will step down this year, he said in an interview with the New Yorker’s Jeffrey Toobin in the magazine’s Feb. 17 edition.

Source
Holder has been a tremendous disappointment in my book. I hope we never see anyone like him again in office. He can't be gone soon enough to suit me. In fact, I hope the guy leaves in such a hurry, the vacuum of his departure will erase everything he's done and carry Obamarama right out the door with him.

it's not going to matter...don't get me wrong, I'll be as glad to see the idiot gone as the next man....but I understand that all the players are just actors, playing a part. the name on his door will be different, but continuity of agenda will ensure that everything else remains the same.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Obama will replace him with a Janet Reno type. A butch liberal anti gun democrat.
edit on 12-2-2014 by cascade because: spelling error

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Eric Holder to step down this year: report

He should step out of his office and straight into a jail cell.
Unfortunately .. his buddy Obama will give him a free pass on everything he's done.
Heck ... I'm sure Obama applauds it all. Two peas in a pod ...

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I think Eric Holder is probably the worst Att. General the US has ever seen, and most likely whoever replaces him will be just as bad.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

DuncanM
I think Eric Holder is probably the worst Att. General the US has ever seen, and most likely whoever replaces him will be just as bad.

I was thinking that maybe the US should make modifications to the AG post. Restrict the position to the opposing party. If a Republican is in office, the AG position would be off limits to Republicans and instead would be open to any political party.

Putting someone in that position with those restrictions possibly could keep some of these issues in check.

just an idea...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join