It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Agents Interrogate Jewish Author For Reading Conservative Newspaper

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

buster2010

redhorse

buster2010

This is America and we can wear what we want here..

Sure, we can wear what we want and practice what religion we want. We can also read what we want.

While I don't advocate targeting people because of their religion, I don't think it is right to target people because of their political views either. Also, it is an unfortunate truth that in terms of security hijab can hide a lot. Yet, this is ignored, ostensibly because of sensitivity...? People get angry about this because the TSA is so inconsistent in how they apply those sensitivities. Some groups are targeted, others are ignored and generally it just seems entirely based upon the subjective "judgment" of just one or two TSA agents involved in any one incident. The application of their process and training is maddeningly arbitrary.

The only reason she claims to have been searched is because she said she was reading a paper. The interview she gave clearly shows she is a racist so it's not hard to see her making stuff up just to try to get sympathy.

The article itself was clearly slanted in her favor, I will give you that; but assuming that she is "making stuff up just to try to get sympathy" based upon the information given is enormously assumptive. I think something certainly happened, but given the clear bias in the article it is difficult to say exactly what. It may be just what they are implying, it may not. However, your own bias in the matter is clear enough to cause you to jump to conclusions with no evidence to support it. That is just as much of an obfuscation in presented perspective as the article.

Pointing out the bias in the article is fair, but presenting an obtuse opposing view that is hedging into belligerence just for the sake of it is hypocritical and doesn't help analyze the situation at all.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

If ANYthing goes wrong with the plane....

You're dead.

I don't have a car. I walk.

And buying shoes is not trusting my life to a corporation.

Food is something I have to do. I try hard to stay away from corporate crap, but thanks to people like you, they own the markets and all the food.

Buying food is not me trusting anyone, it's doing what I have to do.

Getting on an airplane is pointless and stupid.

And guess what, we got along just fine without them for thousands of years.

Buy a plane ticket, I don't care.

TSA is no problem for me...

And if you flyers continue to allow TSA to do what they do...

YOU DESERVE IT!!!

Now go drink the rest of your beer.
edit on 13-2-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakrateri

So, I'm a non-fighter because I don't fly?

LOL

You wanna fly? Be my guest...

Let TSA molest you. That'll show them.

It's the people that need convenience more than freedom that is destroying America.

<< 1   >>

join