It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This really scares me - paranormal research...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
No paranormal activity, as I still don't believe in paranormal, nor I ever experienced anything, but news like this one just boils my blood. News itself at first does not seem to be paranormal - related, but wait until later.

Trial resumed on Friday for a Delaware doctor accused of "waterboarding" the 12-year-old daughter of his common law wife, the Patriot-News reported.

The girl took her story to police, prompting charges against the accused, Melvin Morse, and his long-time companion, Pauline Morse.

Though the 60-year-old pediatrician claims he was only washing the girl's hair, his common law wife claims she did not find any shampoo and said he used "hair washing" as a threat for the girl.

"He called it washing her hair, but I knew it wasn't washing her hair because there was no soap or anything," said Pauline Morse. According to The Associated Press, she pleaded guilty last year to misdemeanor child endangerment charges and agreed to testify against Melvin Morse.

On Thursday, the girl's mother testified that she witnessed Melvin Morse hold her daughter's head under the faucet before, causing him to jump and quickly let the girl go, who sat up coughing and choking.

Pauline Morse will face more questioning from her common law husband's attorneys on Friday.

If convicted, Melvin Morse could be sentenced up to 20 years in prison.

Just idiot step dad who most likely will not win 'dad of the year award', but this is where story turns into 'paranormal studies':

Morse's medical license was suspended immediately following his arrest. He has written several books on paranormal science and near-death experiences involving children, leading to appearances on "Larry King Live" and "The Oprah Winfrey Show." His research was also shown in "Unsolved Mysteries" and a "Rolling Stone" article.

The pediatrician also denied to authorities that he was experimenting on the girl.

Seriously, he experimented on 12 year old?!

I hope he gets 20 years for this....

Links on trial:

www.hngn.com... htm

www.boston.com...

edit on 7-2-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

This is abhorrent.

If the guy has such a hard-on for near death experiences, then, hmmm, shouldn't he experience them himself?
*hint*
*hint*

I mean, really?

This is just as bad as the people that refuse to give their children any medical care in favor of praying them, usually to literal death, and worse since it's actively harming a child.

This superstitious nonsense with a ridiculous fascination over a "life after death" mythology, however that might be interpreted, is just baffling.
it just amazes me that people with actual real educations can still buy into that.

rawr

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You have to wonder if he had done this before, fanatic rarely can stop! Wonder if there are missing children in the area.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Well, at least it's not hard to believe there are stubborn people overpopulating this planet that will strike down someone's belief system because another person completely unrelated to them decided to become an extremist in that field.

I could easily say "The Muslims involved in 9/11 are just exploiting religion and I can't believe anyone with an educatiom still believes in their faith."

This guy doesn't speak for the rest of the life after death believers. Can we make this about the OP and not a belief debate? Please and thank you.

edit on 0142k3 by Lynk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Waterboarding children? Experimenting on children? Why does this guy not work for the CIA?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Sounds like this guy was trying to do what Keanu Reeves did in the movie " Constantine "

Pic

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

This is abhorrent.

If the guy has such a hard-on for near death experiences, then, hmmm, shouldn't he experience them himself?
*hint*
*hint*

I mean, really?

This is just as bad as the people that refuse to give their children any medical care in favor of praying them, usually to literal death, and worse since it's actively harming a child.

This superstitious nonsense with a ridiculous fascination over a "life after death" mythology, however that might be interpreted, is just baffling.
it just amazes me that people with actual real educations can still buy into that.

rawr

Maybe there is a reason, maybe they are right.

Belief in life after death, like the existence of God, is widely embraced: 8 out of 10 Americans (81%) believe in an afterlife of some sort. Another 9% said life after death may exist, but they were not certain.

www.barna.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
How are some of these kids you hear about not dead? I mean there really should be a line people like this draw, you'd think the parent would have some common sense, you know like not harming your children or anybody else's kids.

Well I guess this what happens when people buy into fear and will do anything to protect themselves from something that may not even be present.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There was an episode of Criminal Minds titled "Epilogue" where a guy who had a NDE as a teenager drowns people and attempts to revive them to discover if they had an experience similar to his own. It's from 2011.
www.imdb.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
For anyone interested, there's actually a movie that illustrated this very premise.

Perhaps OP Doctor guy is imitating Art?

Martyrs (2008)

It's a really good horror film for those unaware, and is essentially about a group of people that abduct children and other people for the explicit purpose of torturing them to the point of NDE, just so they can see the reflection of Heaven, God, the Afterlife. pr whatever in the eyes of the torture victims.

If I recall correctly, there's several language versions available with subtitles, though, there may be an English dubbed version for those who are picky about such things.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
First movie on this topic that comes to my mind is Flatliners. Bunch of good actors, medicine students trying to experience NDE.

It still scares me that she was leaving children with this monster, without knowing what's going on. Poor kid.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Last week Malvin Morse was found guilty, sentencing is scheduled for April 11.

EORGETOWN, Del. - A Delaware jury convicted a pediatrician Thursday of waterboarding his companion's daughter by holding the child's head under a faucet.

The jury deliberated for about six hours before returning its verdict against Melvin Morse, 60.

Morse was charged with three felonies, two for alleged waterboarding and one for alleged suffocation by hand. He was convicted of one felony - waterboarding in the bathtub - and five misdemeanors.

Morse did not show any immediate reaction after the verdict. He could face several years in prison. Sentencing was set for April 11.

Defense attorneys argued that "waterboarding" was a term jokingly used to describe hair washing that the girl did not like.

Morse was charged with endangerment and assault after the girl ran away in July 2012 and told authorities of waterboarding and other abuse.

Morse, whose medical license was suspended after his arrest, has written several books and articles on paranormal science and near-death experiences involving children. He has appeared on shows such as "Larry King Live" and the "The Oprah Winfrey Show" to discuss his research, which also has been featured on an episode of "Unsolved Mysteries" and in an article in "Rolling Stone" magazine. Morse denied police claims that he may have been experimenting on the girl.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
On the topic of waterboarding, I read somewhere that they actually don't use a cloth sack over the head, but instead wrap the head loosely with plastic wrap so they can still breathe just barely. Then they get hit with the buckets of water. I guess that sounds a helluva lot more terrifying than the bag over the head and much more dangerous. Anyone else hear of that?

I don't really know what one would hope to accomplish as far as NDE's go trying to perform this sort of thing on children. I think the only way to get measurable results, you'd have to videotape and you're still just speculating. You gotta be #ed in the head to consider this a good research project. Somebody should expand his study and he can be the focus group. I hope they don't send him to a real prison. Guy deserves the irony of being a guinea pig.

new topics

top topics

join