It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek RENEGADE. thoughts for a new Star Trek series.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Proposal for a new Star Trek Series.

Star Trek Rengade

Possible Back Story: Captain Logan Johns is the captain of a black military destroyer class Star Ship called "Vengence".
While out on exercises in deep space Earth is attacked by an unknown attacker, wiping out 60% of earths defenses, and 15% of the population. Captain Logan Johns wife and children are counted amoungst the fatalities, along with the families of most of his crew members.

The impotence of Star Fleet means they cannot pursue any means of justice until viable evidence is obtained.
Captain Logan Johns starts off where Star Fleet Command ends, and Captain Kirk Begins. However unlike Captain Kirk, Captain Johns is driven by one purpose, finding and destroying those responsible for killing his family.

Star Fleet Command dis-honourably discharges Captain Johns for disobeying Star Fleets primary directives, so in order to survive and maintain supplies, Captain Johns must resort to piracy to keep his crew alive. Smuggling weapons, food supplies, people and information from one side of the galaxy to the other, Johns must utilise every trick in the book to evade the only other Star Ship capable of running him down called "The Huntress".

Ironically the Huntress is Captained by John's first wife, Captain Patricia Edwards, who never really got over their divorce. If ever there was a Star Fleet captain who was destined to command a black-class destroyer Star Ship and inflict extreme prejudice upon an enemy, then Captain Patricia Edwards is it. Talk about beauty and the beast, she's both.

Hunted by Star Fleet and their allies, Johns will not stop until the culprits are found and vengence is his. Finding allies amongst enemies of Star Fleet, and enemies within his crew, Johns must use extortion, bribery, political diplomacy, trickery and even lethal force to tip toe through the mine field of his new destiny. Constantly challenged by his own moral compass, Johns soon finds that taking the higher ground does not always lead to resolution.
A cross between, Star Trek, Fire Fly and The Fugitive, I hope Star Trek Renegade is a possibility.

What are your thoughts on this idea. What would you change and what direction would you go, or do you have your own ideas for a new Star Trek Franchise?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

The person you need to sell it to, is vkey08.

Nice storyline!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Trubeeleever

Star Trek Rengade

Possible Back Story: Captain Logan Johns is the captain of a black military destroyer class Star Ship called "Vengence".
While out on exercises in deep space Earth is attacked by an unknown attacker, wiping out 60% of earths defenses, and 15% of the population. Captain Logan Johns wife and children are counted amoungst the fatalities, along with the families of most of his crew members.

The impotence of Star Fleet means they cannot pursue any means of justice until viable evidence is obtained.
Captain Logan Johns starts off where Star Fleet Command ends, and Captain Kirk Begins. However unlike Captain Kirk, Captain Johns is driven by one purpose, finding and destroying those responsible for killing his family.

Star Fleet Command dis-honourably discharges Captain Johns for disobeying Star Fleets primary directives, so in order to survive and maintain supplies, Captain Johns must resort to piracy to keep his crew alive. Smuggling weapons, food supplies, people and information from one side of the galaxy to the other, Johns must utilise every trick in the book to evade the only other Star Ship capable of running him down called "The Huntress".

Ironically the Huntress is Captained by John's first wife, Captain Patricia Edwards, who never really got over their divorce. If ever there was a Star Fleet captain who was destined to command a black-class destroyer Star Ship and inflict extreme prejudice upon an enemy, then Captain Patricia Edwards is it. Talk about beauty and the beast, she's both.

Hunted by Star Fleet and their allies, Johns will not stop until the culprits are found and vengence is his. Finding allies amongst enemies of Star Fleet, and enemies within his crew, Johns must use extortion, bribery, political diplomacy, trickery and even lethal force to tip toe through the mine field of his new destiny. Constantly challenged by his own moral compass, Johns soon finds that taking the higher ground does not always lead to resolution.
A cross between, Star Trek, Fire Fly and The Fugitive, I hope Star Trek Renegade is a possibility.

What are your thoughts on this idea. What would you change and what direction would you go, or do you have your own ideas for a new Star Trek Franchise?

i once wrote a synopsis of a new star trek series, sent it off to paramount, and got a letter back from majel barrett roddenberry

was best moment of my life (: even though it was a rejection.
gene left STRICT rules on what can and cant be done by starfleet officers

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Here is the deal....I love Star Trek. I am what is known as a Trekkie. I think it is way better than Star Wars (though I love that too).....because it is Earthlings going out to explore. And because they are very careful about the physics they put into the story line.

Having said all that....why do they cheese up the tv shows so bad?

What if we did a show more based off of the Klingons and their world....wars they have etc?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
after star trek original series they were going to bring the series back to life 10 years later, instead they made star trek motion picture. In between finish of startrek original series and star trek motion picture, 10 years of story telling there. That's where the new series should be.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

i once wrote a synopsis of a new star trek series, sent it off to paramount, and got a letter back from majel barrett roddenberry

was best moment of my life (: even though it was a rejection.
gene left STRICT rules on what can and cant be done by starfleet officers

reply to post by okamitengu

Niiiiiiice.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I would watch that for sure!!!

nice

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

that's nice of them to reply. awesome.

btw startrek is superior to starwars because the characters and universe had enough depth to make multiple TV series. Stars wars is too inflexible in the characterisation for a series, there will never be a starwars tv series and if there was it flop
edit on 6-2-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You're trying to do to Star Trek what Stargate Universe did to Stargate.

We do not need all this interpersonal crap in sci fi. Ex wife hunting ex hubby. Only one ship that can catch him?

You cannot go this far away from the series ideal or you lose your fan base.

It is that simple.

P

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Thank you. I'm hoping a new series comes out and shows a darker side of Inter-Stellar negotiations. A side where not every conflict has a mutually beneficial resolution.

This may be stepping further away from fantasy towards reality, but the entire Star Trek historical infrastructure will be the same.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Trubeeleever
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Thank you. I'm hoping a new series comes out and shows a darker side of Inter-Stellar negotiations. A side where not every conflict has a mutually beneficial resolution.

This may be stepping further away from fantasy towards reality, but the entire Star Trek historical infrastructure will be the same.

well...even though Star Trek is supposed to be about exploration and not war......we all love the battle scenes.

who doesn't love a captain yelling "then fly her apart" as they are warping into battle to save a friend....

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
More of the exploration theme required im quite bored seeing endless repetition of violence.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

You're trying to do to Star Trek what Stargate Universe did to Stargate.

We do not need all this interpersonal crap in sci fi. Ex wife hunting ex hubby. Only one ship that can catch him?

You cannot go this far away from the series ideal or you lose your fan base.

It is that simple.
reply to post by pheonix358

Hmmm. Very very good point,
however Star Trek has spawned more franchises than Star Gate and it still survives.
I was a fan of all 3 Star Gates, as I am a fan of all Trek franchises, however I believe the series must constantly evolve to keep generating new interest and new fans.

If we keep pitching to the old school fans like myself, then there is a possibility that eventually there will be no fans left at all.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

More of the exploration theme required im quite bored seeing endless repetition of violence.
reply to post by AthlonSavage

It would be easy enough to dedicate a few episodes per season to exploration.

Renegade is based upon the life of a former Star Ship Captain, whose instincts still run strong in his veins. Most captains join Star Fleet with the dream of going where no man has gone before, and discovering new frontiers. With this in mind, a Renegade Captain may have to seek shelter on an M-Class planet where it is forbidden for Star Fleet to venture, lest they breach their own policies on interfering with primitive cultures.

By using the primitive M-class planet as a refuge, and utilizing his sensitivity as a former captain and minimizing his interference of the primitive culture, The Renegade captain can still explore and learn, and maybe trade with the indigenous life forms in order to gather supplies and safely move on.

While no longer being governed by the Primary Directives, it allows him more fluid motion in integrating with new cultures.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
i watched a lot of star trek and hated how cheesy they made the series. the characters are always talk, talk, talk, and less action. a star ship takes off from a space station the screen shot is of the pilots face and maybe some cheap sound effects. ugh...... then i saw the star trek enterprise series with bacula? which i thought was pretty decent. of all the science fiction series ive seen i liked babylon5 and battlestar galactica the best.star trek enterprise 3rd. the stargate series were good as well.

vengence would be good to pursue/develop. it reminds me of the season when enterprise was after the xindi hunting them. good idea.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Trubeeleever

Star Trek Rengade

Renegades is a fan film thats already been made, and stars many Star Trek actors...

It is ten years after Voyager’s return from the Delta Quadrant, and the Federation is in a crisis. The Federation’s main suppliers of dilithium crystals are disappearing. Space and time have folded around several planets, effectively isolating them from any contact with outside worlds. And this phenomenon is not natural – someone or something is causing this to happen. This necessitates drastic measures; some of which are outside the Federation’s normal jurisdiction. For this, Admiral Pavel Chekov, head of Starfleet Intelligence, turns to Commander Tuvok, Voyager’s former security officer and current head of the newly reorganized Section 31. Tuvok must put together a new covert, renegade crew – mostly outcasts and rogues – even criminals. This new crew is tasked with finding out what is causing the folding of time and space, and stopping it – at all costs. But will they be able to put aside their differences and stop trying to kill one another in time to accomplish their mission?

startrekrenegades.com...

I know it's not your plot, but still...

I've always thought that there should be a CSI type Star Trek series. A group of investigators solving crimes, not necessarily bound to one ship, planet, or species. Of course, with tv these days, it needs a season long story, not just one off episodes.

On a side note, is anyone watching Almost Human? I like the characters and concept, but I think cancelation is looming because of the fact that its one off stories each week, and it's airings have been sporadic lately. Nevermind that it's on Fox, and I don't need to mention how ignorant they are when it comes to good shows, cough cough, Firefly, cough cough...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Evening,

Never thought I'd hear myself say this but...I think I'm gonna pass on this one.

-Peace-
edit on 6-2-2014 by Eryiedes because: ETA

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Renegades is a fan film thats already been made, and stars many Star Trek actors...

It is ten years after Voyager’s return from the Delta Quadrant, and the Federation is in a crisis. The Federation’s main suppliers of dilithium crystals are disappearing. Space and time have folded around several planets, effectively isolating them from any contact with outside worlds. And this phenomenon is not natural – someone or something is causing this to happen. This necessitates drastic measures; some of which are outside the Federation’s normal jurisdiction. For this, Admiral Pavel Chekov, head of Starfleet Intelligence, turns to Commander Tuvok, Voyager’s former security officer and current head of the newly reorganized Section 31. Tuvok must put together a new covert, renegade crew – mostly outcasts and rogues – even criminals. This new crew is tasked with finding out what is causing the folding of time and space, and stopping it – at all costs. But will they be able to put aside their differences and stop trying to kill one another in time to accomplish their mission?

startrekrenegades.com...

reply to post by captb13

WOW, thank you very much for opening my eyes to this. An obvious name change is in order, and a bit more investigation on my part.

Talking of which your idea of a CSI angle would fit in nicely with the new format.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I am doomed, please hide this thread from my hubby. Love him dearly but...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join