It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Made New Cancer Drug For Rich White People Not (Ick) Poor Indian People, Pharma Giant CEO Actuall

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Bazart
reply to post by Antigod

As I mentioned earlier : there is no market for the drug in India ( according to Pharma ). At this point , they are kicking people who are going through the dumpster. Pathetic and low...

What will happen is that the cheaper indian drug will end up being mass produced and smuggled into the USA.

Or at least I should think that's what is going on in the minds of the execs.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

NavyDoc

Let's be honest. ALL profit is evil to some people.

It not about profits.

It a case of what did you expect?

If a drug compnay excludes a whole segment from life saveing treatment (even if there is logic behind it) what do you expect those excluded to do? The ones excluded are going to lie,cheat, defraud and steal to get it. with life and death morality will go out the Window. Can you really expect a indian to be sympatheic to the logic that they have to be excluded from treatment so us rich guys can have it first to pay for it and then MAYBE one day after your likley dead you can have the treatment? You really expect them to say "yeah ok thats fair" and walk off to die in a gutter why me and you live on?

Thing I do get what you are saying. I worked in R&D for a Pharma company. Drug development is expensive and needs to be paid for. But for the people that are sick and dying and cant have access what do you expect them to do? How do you expect them to behave?

Yes someone is going to have to make a sacrifice somewhere.....but when that sacrifice is forced onto a ceratin group we cant complain if they fight back. Its nature. In this case the indian fought back by stealing the drug research, wrong? probably Understandable? Yes inevitable? deffinatly
edit on 5-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Antigod

Bazart
reply to post by Antigod

As I mentioned earlier : there is no market for the drug in India ( according to Pharma ). At this point , they are kicking people who are going through the dumpster. Pathetic and low...

What will happen is that the cheaper indian drug will end up being mass produced and smuggled into the USA.

Or at least I should think that's what is going on in the minds of the execs.

It happens now. I've seen knockoff drugs all over the world. You see, it's rather silly to assume that the Indian company and government is doing this for altruistic reasons and will gift this medicine to the poor and downtrodden. That's a silly assumption, especially given the Indian system of not giving a crap for certain members of their own society is well documented. What the Indian government did was permit theft of IP from an American company to give their own company a market advantage and they will produce it and sell in anywhere and everywhere they can for a profit just like any numerous thefts of IP around the world. It's not going to help the poor and downtrodden in India or anywhere else and they will still say "pay for it or you can't have it" and even worse. At least in the US there are means of getting expensive but lifesaving drugs. In India, especially if you are the wrong caste, not so much.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

NavyDoc
it's rather silly to assume that the Indian company and government is doing this for altruistic reasons and will gift this medicine to the poor and downtrodden.

Who's assuming that? All I see is a claim of availability at a lower price.

There's that word "theft" again.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

daskakik

There's that word "theft" again.

It was theft.

But my queation is what do you expect?

If one group is excluded from a life saveing treatment the what do you expect them to do? Do you expect the lowly plebs to know there place and to roll over quietly so there betters in a foreign land can live longer? Do you expect a indian who is dying to care or understand about patent laws or R&D costs or that the money the pharma compnay loses mean they can create another expensive drug to save rich white people?

If you think yes then you deluded and have no clue about human nature.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned in here as I read the first and last pages but I don't appreciate the comment that the White people are.... Last I looked around my stores, my office my I live in a Western country that is anything but just WHITE... He did not say for the white people he said ""We developed it for Western patients who can afford it." Still may be wrong but I find your statement very racist. One of my senor manager is from India I am sure she would also take offence to it was as well. My best man was descended from India and I am as white as they come. I am tired of ignorant generalist comments like this, its people like you that insight racism. Please be careful how you word things in the future. Finally as many others have stated it is there property and the Indian company stole it. If they want to pay a royalty then great otherwise I agree with whatever litigation comes there way. Worst of all and here I agree with you the meds should be sold at a cost the normal person can afford. However the RD costs are high and that will sadly never happen.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

crazyewok
It was theft.

But my queation is what do you expect?

I've already posted why it isn't.

Just saying it is doesn't make it so.
edit on 5-2-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

openyoureyes3
...he said ""We developed it for Western patients who can afford it." Still may be wrong but I find your statement very racist. ....

He said "We didn't make it for Indians...." Will my calling it classist or nationalist or religionist make you feel better about it? It's still fundamentally racist in tone and substance.
edit on 5-2-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by My_Reality

if you go to the website and read a bit about this drug, you will see that it will not cure cancer. It slows the growth and spread only. This is only after the cancer has been deemed inoperable. Deny the treatment or not - these patients will still succomb to cancer. Not only that , but the actual prescribing information for doctors states that the patients that were trialling nevaxar will felt worse than those that had been given a placebo.

Sure, people may get a few more months with their loved ones, but will feel even worse than just having the cancer - and all for what? A few more months? Dont think that I am heartless, because I watched my father for 15 years suffer from a terminal illness, knowing that there wasd nothing that could help. We wanted to go in the end and we did too. To watch your loved one suffer is terrible, and prolonging the inevitable is sometimes even worse.
The research shouldnt be siezed to be made public. People should be more proactive in researching for themselves what could actually help, instead of taking big pharma and the health systems word as gospel. The only benefit this drug will provide to anyone is the unspeakable amounts of money that this poison will generate for Bayer..
Do I need to remind everyone how Bayer KNOWINGLY sold HIV tainted factor 8 stock ( a injectable blood product for haemophilliacs) to europe, latin america and asia in the mid 80's? And that the FDA and the american government knew?
And no-one was charged, jailed or even fined. They considered that their profits were more important than human lives.

Look at the labels on your drugs if you must take them people and become educated about the companies that make them - tey are not acharity, and therefore do not have your interests at heart - only their bottom line.
This drug will do nothing to benefit our species - it will make the super rich even more rich, the sick feel worse and their families figuring out how they will pay for it all when their loved one has moved onto the next plane.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
People keep on playing the racist card but has anyone ever thought that his comments actually may have meant that its only the biggest profit that they are concerned about, and not actually an issue of race? Yes it was extremely insensitive and totally out of line, but I don't think that what everyone thinks he meant was actually the driving force behind his comments.
Considering what I just found out, who cares if they are racist or not. Read this and then ask yourselves.....Should we be concerned with the fact that Bayer showed they had a specific target audience, or the fact that they are a huge multi national conglomerate who clearly do not care about the whole of humanity, let alone some dying people in one country.
Bayer - Pesticides, profits, or Bees?
edit on 6 2.1414 by taketheredpill because: I found MORE disturbing info about Big Bad Bayer!!!

edit on 6 2.1414 by taketheredpill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

taketheredpill
People keep on playing the racist card but has anyone ever thought that his comments actually may have meant that its only the biggest profit that they are concerned about, and not actually an issue of race?

'That Man' said exactly what he meant and to think otherwise is .......

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Oppps...

Since I'm here the point wasn't about the efficaciousness of the drug but about how it is only for a certain 'class' of people.
edit on 8-2-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

<< 11  12  13   >>

join