It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, here is your chance to visit the Tonopah Test Range

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
crane auction

The Tonopah Test Range is auctioning off a crane. Not just any crane, but judging by the photos, this crane was used to pull items out of the Antelope Dry Lake target area.

To visit the TTR, this is all you have to do:
1) go to New Mexico for the auction
2) be the highest bidder
3) fill out the form to get a temporary badge for the TTR
4) go to Nevada and pick up your crane

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

gariac
crane auction
The Tonopah Test Range is auctioning off a crane. Not just any crane, but judging by the photos, this crane was used to pull items out of the Antelope Dry Lake target area.

There appears to be some trailers and a fuel truck bed as well up for auction, located at the TTR.
Lot # 5002 - FRUEHAUF MODEL 444032999 TRAILER
Lot # 5003 – WINTER-WEISS MODEL WW2 TRAILER
Lot # 5004 – S W PRODUCTS MODEL 665 FUEL TRUCK BED
Lot # 5005 – FRUEHAUF TRAILER

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

I hope WW2 doesn't means World War 2. Well that would be cheaper than a crane, but not as much fun.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

1) go to New Mexico for the auction

You don't even have to go to NM, you can bid online....

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

You don't even have to go to NM, you can bid online....

But what fun is that..

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I may have mentioned this before, but the Nevada Test Site has auctions. i have looked from time to time, but it all seems pretty dismal.

NTS auction

Lawrence Livermore National Lab used to auction off old gear and parts, but they got picky after some yahoo made a hobby out of blinding motorists on I-580 with a LLNL laser.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

gariac
I may have mentioned this before, but the Nevada Test Site has auctions. i have looked from time to time, but it all seems pretty dismal.

NTS auction

Lawrence Livermore National Lab used to auction off old gear and parts, but they got picky after some yahoo made a hobby out of blinding motorists on I-580 with a LLNL laser.

Yeah really, a picture of test gear on the main page, but a listing including old microwave ovens once you enter. "ALL HARD DRIVES HAVE BEEN REMOVED" - wow, what vintage of microwave oven needed a hard drive?

(EDITED TO ADD: apparently they remove the hard drives from everything, including old office chairs)

Kinda would like to get my hands on a spectrum analyzer, 0 - 1GHz or better. Back to eBay...

edit on 4-2-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

You might want to consider the Rigol DSA815-TG. Rigol is the OEM for Agilent (formerly HP), or whatever they call themselves these days. You want the tracking generator (TG) to sweep filters. You also want it in the event you decide you have to sell the unit. A spectrum analyzer without a tracking generator is as popular as a two wheel drive Jeep.

Basically you weigh made in new made in China versus old made in the USA. Also compact versus boat anchor. A friend bought a DSA815-TG, so I can get a real user report if you are curious.

Instek makes a really cheap 3GHZ spectrum analyzer. No tracking generator. Instek is the OEM for Tektronix. I have no idea if it is any good.

As you get older, you appreciate small and light. I have a two boat anchor spectrum analyzers that were given to me, perhaps to see if I would provide some entertainment by busting a gut. Neither is spectacular, topping out at 400MHz. While 400MHz would cover mil air, they are simply too big to use in the field. Not to mention I would need to buy a generator.

new topics

top topics

join