It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Take the Shot?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

I apoligize if you find my responses to be insulting. I did reply with all the variables that I take into consideration before I draw on anyone. And I have been in such scenarios in the marketplaces of Iraq. They are quite crowded with civilians as well as lots of Iraqi cops and Soldiers who are a hell of a lot more trigger happy then those I have served with.

I've been there and done that and would prefer not to have that particular cup refilled, but I do know how I'll react. And I will react after I have taken in the situation and considered all my options. And yes, all that can be done in the blink of an eye.

So, there you have it. If I have identified a active shooter as such and I have the advantage, I would take them out and sleep soundly after the cops let me go. I would worry about the investigation though that always follows afterward.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Your scenario is far to simplistic and there are too many variables that would need to be considered in a situation like that. If I have a clear and unobstructed line of sight to the shooter and he/she is within 50 yards, then YES... I take the shot. If not, then I take cover and wait for an opportunity if one ever arises.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

and crazyewok just signed his own death warrant - priceless

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

TDawgRex

I apoligize if you find my responses to be insulting. I did reply with all the variables that I take into consideration before I draw on anyone. And I have been in such scenarios in the marketplaces of Iraq. They are quite crowded with civilians as well as lots of Iraqi cops and Soldiers who are a hell of a lot more trigger happy then those I have served with.

I've been there and done that and would prefer not to have that particular cup refilled, but I do know how I'll react. And I will react after I have taken in the situation and considered all my options. And yes, all that can be done in the blink of an eye.

So, there you have it. If I have identified a active shooter as such and I have the advantage, I would take them out and sleep soundly after the cops let me go. I would worry about the investigation though that always follows afterward.

Thank you! I appreciate your response. It is hard for me to give my reason for the data compilation yet without skewing results. This REALLY isn't a stab against anyone. I'm not going to suddenly post...MWWAHAHAHA!!! PEOPLE that would shoot first are worst!
No personal attack, no anything...I really do thank you.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The term Gun Nutz (or Nuts) seems to get under my skin. I prefer the term weapons aficionado.

noun: aficionado; plural noun: aficionados
1. a person who is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about an activity, subject, or pastime.

And to clarify as well, as others have said, if I do not have a clear shot, or am uncertain as to the individual I am eyeballing with a weapon out, but not actually shooting, or at disadvantage due to the various factors, then no, I would not take the shot. Anyone who has a weapon should know without a doubt in their minds that there is no recall/do-over once the trigger is pulled.

I think that many forget that in situations such as this scenario, even if they do put down a active shooter, they will be arrested and their weapon confiscated and they won't get it back until their name has been cleared. Oh...and they probably have to post bail which they won't get back until their name is cleared either. They better hope that it was all caught on security cameras.
edit on 25-1-2014 by TDawgRex because: Forgot one word.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join