It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do you think? is it bad when...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It's because we are in the end times or at least a phase in the evolution of mankind that calls for a lot of changes. If you do not speak out, the other might confuse your silence with approval and that person might have a skewed image of the world if you do not correct them about it. And it's not right to let a person go thinking you belong to the same group while in fact you don't and don't want to be associated. So I think it's only considerate, the other person might have assumed the blessing was received by the other but in reality it wasn't so no fooling going on there and the guy even noticed whoever said it was confused and instead of letting her guess why not he informed her so she wouldn't be left with any questions or at least she can look them up on the internet. It's just people want to be clear to which group they belong to and which groups they don't belong to either directly or indirectly so everybody knows in a short time what is appropriate and what isn't.

Personally I might have asked from who that blessing was coming from or on whose behalf depending on how many drinks I've had.
edit on 24-1-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Your Funny

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I think next time if someone tells me bless you, I'm just going to stand up, stiffen up, look straight and and scream "HAIL SATAN!!!" then sit back and continue the conversation as nothing happened.

But i have no issue with it really.
edit on 1/24/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
My guess is that his quick wit in dismissing your polite gesture was a combination of drowning of loneliness, in the setting of a licquer filled bar, with some chip on his shoulder for religion, and spirituality in general. His mean spirited comment was probably frustrating, but understand that his true problems are not with you. He could have been more thankful, but you can bet, because of the way he responded to you, he has social issues, and would treat most people in a cold and isolated manner- even his own mother, whether they believe in God or not.
As Christians, we are an easy target for bitterness. The minor abuses from the mouths of atheists are merely a reflection of their private lives.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I am atheist and I cannot find anything wrong. Indeed it is polite manners.

Secretly, I find it actually quite endearing as the phrase has survived from the Middle Ages (13th Century) and is as much about how humans "coped with" the horror that was the black death- and their fear of a sole escaping as it is about a true religious experience. How many other phrases have such longevity?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

apydomis
My guess is that his quick wit in dismissing your polite gesture was a combination of drowning of loneliness, in the setting of a licquer filled bar, with some chip on his shoulder for religion, and spirituality in general. His mean spirited comment was probably frustrating, but understand that his true problems are not with you. He could have been more thankful, but you can bet, because of the way he responded to you, he has social issues, and would treat most people in a cold and isolated manner- even his own mother, whether they believe in God or not.
As Christians, we are an easy target for bitterness. The minor abuses from the mouths of atheists are merely a reflection of their private lives.

Yeah........you don't sound bitter at all.....

I think this is what's called projection.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

drustyle
Tonight, my lady and I are having drinks at a bar , when suddenly a guy SNEEZED and my girlfriend says "Bless you"... the guy replies "no thanks" -PAUSE- "I'm atheist" and that's all he said. I was saddened
by this... It struck me as unfair that I don't go around telling people I'm Christian (everyone's knows the different views people have in life and what they are compiled of). We leave and on our way out I felt compelled to say something, so I did... "Good Luck with that". What I'm trying to say is... Why couldn't the guy just simply be thankful that someone cared enough to excuse them in a polite gesture, rather than to into a belief thing? When people come at me bashing my faith I don't say anything (weather they know me or not)... they've made there choice so be it. I get offended all the time... DEAL with it!

Atheism is one of the fasting growing religions today and many atheist spread their gospel by out right attacking religion. Now it is not fair to put everyone in the circle. As in other religions, there are many who are tolerable and will not interfere or correct someone and this includes those atheist who practice this type of peace.

But we should try to defend and support the simple minded people who believe anything told to them..... which includes, "There is no God".

Peace

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

I quote...
"simple minded people who believe anything told to them....." you mean the religious? the people who get told what to think and what to believe?.
Atheists at least have used their Minds to come to their conclusion the religious have just lapped up the spoon fed tripe that has been told to them.
Iam no Atheist but I see that religion is wrong and backward towards humanity.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join