It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you won 'Deus Ex?'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Yes, Deus Ex is a video game RPG, but one of the best resources on modern political conspiracy, combining subjects from the Order of Cincinattus to FEMA takeover of the US government, the Illuminati, the NWO, and possibility that technology in the form of a supercomputer could become the world's living god - impartial, fair, incorruptible, and superhuman.

I recently won it an preferred the anarchy solution. I tried all three endings, of course. I suspect ATS has a lot of Deus Ex fans. Anyone here won the game?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Anyone here won the game?

Yeah, I've won it (the PS2 version). A long time ago though...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This is my favorite game of all time. I have played it through 5 times, it's amazing

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
i did, i only went one way thought, the way where helios and me(i am playing it) combine together and take over the world hahaha

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I won it in a competition at a local fair.... was 4th place prize

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Played through both deus Ex and deus Ex 2. both awsome but very different games. In deus ex1 I liked the merging with echelon ending as it gave humanity a utopian socity. In deus ex2 I chose anarchy... I was fed up of been played by all the factions.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: taibunsuu

Deus Ex is still one of my favorite games, precisely because it deals so heavily with conspiracies and at least invites the player to think critically about their world. Not too long ago I found a mod for the game that rearranges some of the level layouts and adds a bit more detail into the storyline.

One thing I appreciate about DX is that it seems so entirely plausible. Of course there are certain things in the game that are utterly unrealistic. Such is the nature of video games where they have to provide a limited environment. Still, it's not a stretch to imagine some variation of the plot of DX could actually take place. If not the Illuminati, then some other organization. If not the UN, then perhaps some other law enforcement agency. And so on.

EDITED TO ADD:

Probably one of my favorite theories--or one I think is most plausible--is that the UN has been positioning itself to be "peacekeepers" (in a militaristic sense) for a while now. Eventually we could very well see our law enforcement handled by the UN, or the UN-by-proxy. The UN technically doesn't have its own military, but members of militaries are loaned to them and operate under their command. It's not unreasonable to believe the UN might use them to inflict the UN's agenda over the world.

Hrm...interesting. I may have to do some more research on that to see how much merit my suspicions have.
edit on 18 11Nov 222022 by Factis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: taibunsuu

I lost it everytime....

PS: just realised this was thread is a respawn

(Sarc)
edit on 18-11-2022 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   
That was such a good game back in the day. I cringe looking at it these days

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

It's certainly dated, but the whole package--the voice acting, the graphics, the character movements--it all combines into something with a certain charm for me. It's bad by today's standards, but you can tell they actually put some effort into putting out a good product. It's sort of like those early monster movies where it's obviously just someone holding a giant lobster and a bunch of forced perspective camera shots. Sure, it's bad, but it was something pretty good at one point.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Factis
a reply to: SLAYER69

It's certainly dated, but the whole package--the voice acting, the graphics, the character movements--it all combines into something with a certain charm for me. It's bad by today's standards, but you can tell they actually put some effort into putting out a good product. It's sort of like those early monster movies where it's obviously just someone holding a giant lobster and a bunch of forced perspective camera shots. Sure, it's bad, but it was something pretty good at one point.

My husband complains about this , at least back then you could pay your money and get a FULL GAME

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Interesting game! Thank you for your answers. I will try playing.

(post by racit82289 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I only played it for about a week back in 2014 and got so frustrated that I'd spent roughly 15 to 17 hours on it daily and not beaten it that I gave up.

top topics

join