It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dizzy, wooshy, knock you over feeling - anyone else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
No idea where to post this, but its personal so figured this forum...?

For the past few weeks, I've been getting a weird sensation. Always when I'm sitting or laying down, still and quiet, so super noticeable. Sometimes day, sometimes night so no help there. Always wide awake when it happens.

It hits fast and out of nowhere, a sudden intense dizziness and split second black out, like I'd be knocked off my feet if I weren't already off them. It mostly feels like it comes in from the right, swoops around and goes back out, like a boomerang? quick as can be.

I'm healthy, regular check ups (even MRIs for other reasons), no drugs or alcohol in my system. It honestly seems to happen when I'm at my most peaceful, calm, and aware.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences this. And what is it?!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Sounds like Vertigo. I know a few people that suffer from this.

Vertigo

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ns9504

It started five days ago, and it creeps me out. I've never felt like that before. It's strange because
i don't feel dizzy when I'm doing my jogging routine. Also I practice Tai chi & Qigong and must say
I have pretty good balance when I'm doing the exercises so I don't know..

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It hits fast and out of nowhere, a sudden intense dizziness and split second black out, like I'd be knocked off my feet if I weren't already off them. It mostly feels like it comes in from the right, swoops around and goes back out, like a boomerang? quick as can be.

I would be very careful my friend, and get yourself checked out by a neurologist please...for some sort of seizure disorder like epilepsy.I had those exact same feelings all my life. In recent years when those strange feelings developed into full blown chain seizures, I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Epilepsy.

I don't normally like to tell people they might have it, but what you described here, sounds 100% like the seizures I now experience. The only difference for me is the feelings coming wooshing up from the back of my skull towards the front, just before I seize and pass out. It sounds like you might be experiencing what's called a seizure aura.

Seizure Aura - Auras vary significantly between different people. Yours may happen right before a seizure or several minutes to hours earlier. Common warning signs right before seizures are changes in bodily sensations, changes in your ability to interact with things happening outside you, and changes in how familiar the outside world seems to you. Other warning signs that may happen hours before a seizure are depression, irritability, sleep disruption, nausea, and headache.

Researchers who have studied different types of auras for many years have found patterns. For many people, the sensations in an aura occur in the same order. For example, you may always feel fear, then déjà vu (the feeling that you've been there before), then a strange taste in your mouth. This pattern would point towards the existence of a prominent seizure pathway in your brain.

The part of your brain where your seizures originate (your seizure focus) also may be linked to a specific type of aura because an aura represents the beginning of a seizure. Since different parts of the brain are responsible for different things, the warning signs you experience will be related to the functions of the section of brain where the seizure is about to occur. People whose seizures begin in the temporal lobe tend to have certain types of auras and those whose seizures begin somewhere else often will have different types.

I saw that you have had an mri, but in many cases seizure activity will not show up on an mri unless you are actually having one when your brain is scanned by the machine. I would honestly guess that you are having seizure auras, followed by peti mal seizures(known as absent seizures because you simply "black out") focused on the right hemisphere of your brain where these feelings originate.

Its very important that you get yourself checked thoroughly by neurologist....as a precaution. If you have a seizure disorder its much easier to battle when armed with foreknowledge. I pray to any and all gods that I am wrong, but this is so similar to my own experiences with seizures.

All information posted is taken from www.epilepsy.com, as well as my own personal life.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Anything like that can be down right terrifying. I used to have spells in high school akin to panic attacks and I was in best shape of my life. They would come on like a banshee in the night and I would have to just stop and block out the world and do long controlled breathing till it passed. First time I had one I freaked out and passed out. Went to the docs and had multiple test and nothing was found.

I am by no means saying its vertigo, but just from your descriptions that's what it sounds like. It affects people differently. Some more severe than others. Who knows though, It's not out of the realm of being paranormal, but more than likely it's something medical going on. It's never a bad idea to get it checked out by a medical professional.

Hope all is well regardless.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It could be many things from anaemia, blood sugar levels, blood pressure, remnants of a cold / flu virus, reaction to some medication, food allergy / intolerance, chemical reaction, sinus issue, Eustachian tube issue and many other things.

If it is bothersome enough, genuinely worrying, happening long term or at times that could affect you whilst using machinery or driving then best ask your GP for further tests.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ns9504

I agree with the other posters on it potentially being vertigo or seizure aura. I, too, have this problem and have a history of vertigo. Syncope could be another cause though you didn't mention a loss of vision. Since you have insurance, I'd suggest that you mention this issue with your doctor on your next visit. The causes of these kind of things aren't going to always be readily noted in a routine medical exam. Vertigo is frequently inner ear related and requires an ENT. Seizures are caught on EEGs. Syncope can have a myriad of causes that may not immediately pop up on a routine medical exam. For instance, I have a cardiac arrhythmia that can induce syncope and have had a whole lot of EKGs attempting to "catch it". Only one EKG ever caught any abnormality and it took wearing a heart monitor 24/7 for a month to actually catch it in action. The number of times any of my doctors heard something funny during a check up out of innumerable visits? Once.

Talk to your doctor. The sensation you're getting could be due to a serious underlying condition or could be easily remedied with a little dramamine. Only one way you're going to find out--talk to your doctor.

Got it?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Sounds like vertigo to me too, I have been dealing with it for a couple of years now. However, the brief 'blacking out' is worrisome.

You should most definitely be checked out by a doctor, ASAP.

You mentioned that you have had MRI's already for other reasons. I am assuming they were of the brain, or else you would not have mentioned it. If you have a pre-existing neurological condition, vertigo can be related. (such as MS)

I would ALWAYS rule out a physical condition first before exploring anything else.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ns9504

Go see a doctor, not hang out expecting anything intelligent from ATS on a dream and predictions segment when what you need is medial or possibly psychological help.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

MadMax9
reply to post by ns9504

Go see a doctor, not hang out expecting anything intelligent from ATS on a dream and predictions segment when what you need is medial or possibly psychological help.

the best, if most obvious advice here. These people are not medical professionals, and cant help you.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hmm, it does sound like vertigo, just went through it myself as have a few friends. What's up with that?

Well, at first, I thought it may be a brain tumor or something, started googling and decided all of the symptoms pointed to vertigo. I then looked up what can cause vertigo and found there to me several things that could contribute to it, including low magnesium, low iodine or side effects form certain pharma pills. I don't take any pharma pills so I decided to supplement with the magnesium and the iodine, feel so much better, glad I looked in to it. I already supplement with a lot of vitamins and minerals as I don't get it through my current diet. I know, shame on me.

I use Epsom Salt lotion by Morton for magnesium.

A friend of mine in particular, went through vertigo for a few months and was treated with pharma pills to no avail. Through some chatting, I came to find out she had been struggling with vertigo and shared my story, she also supplemented with iodine and magnesium and no longer suffers from vertigo.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
No. If you are getting anything like this...go to a doctor. Not a conspiracy forum.

MS
EMT/ERT

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for your input. Of course I will see a doctor, and of course I don't expect a diagnosis on ATS, but appreciate the concern :-)

Still, interesting responses.

And, for those who believe in metaphysical medicine:

VERTIGO/DIZZINESS: Confusion, spinning around in consciousness. Not knowing where you are going & where to direct your energies. Not able to commit to something, going around in circles.

From this site

top topics

join