It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Claim That Quantum Theory Proves Consciousness Moves To Another Universe At Death

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

sulaw
...Are you postulating that "electricity"? is concious?

A greater question would be does consciousness really exist (and I mean consciousness as a separate defined "thing")?

It is possible that consciousness is not an actual thing, and is really just the byproduct of the chemical activity in our brains causing brain functions.

Using that definition, consciousness is not really its own "thing", and when our brain chemistry stops at death, the phenomenon in our brains that we refer to as "consciousness" simply ends.

I agree... it is just a term

we call it consciousness as we call table a table, girl a girl and so on

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

A greater question would be does consciousness really exist (and I mean consciousness as a separate defined "thing")?

Really one of the few things I really know exists, is consciousness. It is something I directly experience..

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

purplemer

Really one of the few things I really know exists, is consciousness. It is something I directly experience..

??? how exactly ??

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

what is your point of view?

My apologies I thought we were talking about simple circuits.... My POV on conciousness.

It's just a layman opinion keep that in mind

As a concious sentient being, I can perceive, react, deduct, change POV on experiance. No wires, all brain power with food/water sustenance driving this human body for the required energy to do so.

As a concious single individual, I am not programed for one objective but for many. We have the ability to not just learn 1 thing/subject but multiple, endless knowledge and any one single concious mind is free to learn what they want when they want.

Concious mind, powering the evolution of human limitation or not from the dawn of time.

But what do I know, I'm just a simple human

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
One scientist ... possible .... in no way allows for the ridiculous leap in illogic that is the thread title.

FACEPALM!!

If guy wants to believe in this, good on him, but don't be twisting things to fit your fairy-tale mumbo jumbo.

Blah, I now see it's not one scientist, but a whooping two. My reasoning stands, huge assumptions being made, for no good reason.
edit on 9-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

purplemer

Do you think it is something that is separate from our brain's chemical functions, and is it something that can be separated from (i.e., exist outside of) our brain's chemical functions?

Maybe it is, and it would be nice if it was, but I have no way of knowing if it is -- and I'm not sure how YOU know that it is.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

We are not talking "Fairy Tale, Mumbo Jumbo" but that was coy

1 scientist proposed the theory of evolution. It took 1 single scientist to spark more tests and experiments to come to where we have with evolution.

Yet you leave a "trite" comment. FACEPALM INDEED!

Would you like to use a lifeline? Call a friend? Possibly re-antiquate?

When scientists are moving forward with proving that "Alternate realities" are more than "Possible" and Science is not disproving, but re-affirming that which has been talked about since Sumer. A tunnel vision perspetive should be widened and looked at w/ a different microscope.

Then again, that's your Concious Minds interpretation of this "Limited" reality, and your more than entitled to it.

Best regards,

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
One problem with this idea is that there is a none conscious reality. Unlike whats claimed and i can prove it.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

sulaw
reply to post by KrzYma

what is your point of view?

My apologies I thought we were talking about simple circuits.... My POV on conciousness.

It's just a layman opinion keep that in mind

As a concious sentient being, I can perceive, react, deduct, change POV on experiance. No wires, all brain power with food/water sustenance driving this human body for the required energy to do so.

As a concious single individual, I am not programed for one objective but for many. We have the ability to not just learn 1 thing/subject but multiple, endless knowledge and any one single concious mind is free to learn what they want when they want.

Concious mind, powering the evolution of human limitation or not from the dawn of time.

But what do I know, I'm just a simple human

yes, we were talking about simple circuits as an concious system.
sure you have no wires, you have the nerve system and brain with synapses and other stuff in it, no copper

I'm really sure you are more aware, more concious than an copper wire, I just postulate that there is not much to create a conciousness...

that is why I was asking what this means to you, being concious or have conciousness. acting, reacting, deciding ( after your rules )
nothing more than my electric circuit ! LOL

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

purplemer

Do you think it is something that is separate from our brain's chemical functions, and is it something that can be separated from (i.e., exist outside of) our brain's chemical functions?

Maybe it is, and it would be nice if it was, but I have no way of knowing if it is -- and I'm not sure how YOU know that it is.

If consciousness was confined to our skulls, we probably wouldn't be capable of things like ESP, remote viewing, PK, presentiment, etc. But we are. There's more than enough evidence of that to satisfy a fair-minded skeptic.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

It is possible that consciousness is not an actual thing, and is really just the byproduct of the chemical activity in our brains causing brain functions.

It is real, given the fact that we are self aware, we think, we percieve things through our senses and process them.
Now on the other hand what I really want to know is what subconcious is and how it works and all the phenomena related to it like OBE, Astral projection, Remote viewing and all that jazz...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

There is no science in this, whatsoever.

It's nearly as bad as what the %^&* do we know, mumbo jumbo.

All gravy looking for multiverse, and alternate realities, but the idiotic assumptions these two make is enough to make any decently rational individual look the other way in disgust.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Consciousness is created by the sub conscious mind, if you accept this statement then you must also admit that there is a non conscious reality.
Our consciousness is floating on the surface of a mega reality. Its everything you can imagine and its evrything you cant imagine. Its everything man

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
One problem with this idea is that there is a none conscious reality. Unlike whats claimed and i can prove it.

please do it !

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

I have been learning recently, that this idea is millenia old. Only now is modern science taking an interest. Why?

Lets See what has been on ATS Lately ! if you have Noticed

Scientist are Saying ...

Simulations back up theory that Universe is a hologram
page: 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is reality real? Simulated Universe and Holographic Reality (VIDEO)

Scientists Discover "Universe is Giant 3D Hologram"

AND WHAT BEEN SAID >>>

NASA Concedes Space–Time Portals Exist

NASA finds portals near earth and have discovered how to find them.

and this

Alien Spaceships Around Stargate/Time Portal? Take Out Your Telescopes Now!

Norway: UFO “Hyperdimensional Portal Area” over Hessdalen.
page: 3

Cosmic Accelerator ?

Colossal Cosmic Accelerator Discovered Hovering Above Earth

CERN scientists eye parallel universe breakthrough

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

read my last post.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
Consciousness is created by the sub conscious mind, if you accept this statement then you must also admit that there is a non conscious reality.
Our consciousness is floating on the surface of a mega reality. Its everything you can imagine and its evrything you cant imagine. Its everything man

I don't accept so I also don't admit

conciousness is nothing else but a term how we describe our superiority over "lower" things

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
reply to post by KrzYma

read my last post.

this?? "Consciousness is created by the sub conscious mind" ??

I say,
Consciousness is a term I use to make me feel better...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

I think you have a subconscious,my instinct tells me that your subconscious is emotional

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yup, when one looks into this matter... meaning consciousness, awareness, life and its' place in this place (universe[s])... it sure does seem that it can continue.

As physics progressed in thought, this "matter" gets less solid and energy takes the forefront... only to be supplanted by a possible specific form of conscious energy that emerges from the whole and begins to look like there is nothing at all but conscious energy.

Interesting that mystics have been coming to this conclusion for eons, but from a more experiential direction.

Quantum physics' theories are weird enough and open doors that makes educated materialists ... nervous, and those that understand the implications, well, they're few, but they are also aware that the universe is far weirder than most have postulated, at least for the teensy-weensy.

So some theoretical physics is pointing towards this idea that all is thought, that there is truly nothing but ...idea. Nothing solid yet, no certain proof... just tantalizing equations and hypothesis that might indicate this odd conclusion... the fact it hasn't been discounted says much, too... but then again, there may be nothing "solid" at all... at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join