It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrated Waterfall Dancing out of a Volcano

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Came across this waterfall while looking up volcano stuff (earth science love it). Saw this Korean dance depicting a waterfall and was fascinated. Thought I would share enjoy…
A waterfall, so special that it is celebrated in dance.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just love the way they use the cloth & movements to really look like a waterfall.

Changbai Waterfall is flowing from a volcanic crater lake on a Mountain with three names, Changbai, Paektu, or Baektu depending if you are Chinese or Korean. The volcanic mountain is divided between China and North Korea. A beautiful place would love to visit.
A couple videos of the waterfall:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekingDepth

Wow, I'm going to watch these videos. I am constantly fascinated by the depth of the Eastern culture.

Wow, there is not enough time in the entire world for me to explore all I want to in this life... and I'm kind of happy about that.

This is an example of something I find really intriguing - waterfalls - and look how there is a dance associated with them, and the O.P. presented YouTube videos to watch... I just love it. I find mundane stuff so interesting! There are so many details and intricacies in life if you just know how to see them.
edit on 07amTue, 07 Jan 2014 10:18:53 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Waterfalls - how giants would shower in ancient times.

I definitely enjoyed the scenery in the second waterfall video (spring/summer) rather than the first waterfall video (fall/winter). Nonetheless, thanks for sharing. They sure do love their waterfall.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I agree not enough time to see all the simple, natural, awe inspiring places out there. At least we can have a little visit through each others posts.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Read the best time of year to visit this area is July when the flowers bloom around there.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The waterfall dance was beautiful!

I have never been able to connect with ballet, but I could watch the Asian cultures' dance for days on end! I'm so glad you shared this!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The lake the waterfall flows from is gorgeous too it's called Heavenly Lake (I can see why).

chinatravelgo.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Truely stunning. How beautiful the power and combination of culture and nature. It demonstrates how we as humans, are aware of a universal aspect - Mimicing nature, trying to be one...

new topics

top topics

join