It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Day America-Why you DON'T call the cops to come help; (gotta read this one)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I hate to have to give you props for this but props are due. You nailed it. If they don't intend to have us abide our oaths then stop administering them.

This is not directly a political example but politics are involved. This economy is ripe for this type of individual to thrive because even if this is a generally a good person they still have mouths to feed. The situation is attracting many of the wrong kind of people into this field because action maybe not as extreme as this is becoming the norm and accepted practice. In this economy you can abide your orders or find yourself twisting in the wind like so many other poor bastards and you must do a great deal of soul searching to weigh violating an oath to putting food on your loved ones table but at some point you have to decide between one or the other. You cannot abide both and I'm not going to hear otherwise because I have been there and I am jaded.

The parallels historically send a chill down my spine.

Oh and Violet it breaks my heart that you had to go through that and the bastard is now feeding his sick carnal desires - makes me sick seeing this kind of filth excel trailed by the stories of so many they have hurt.
edit on 6-1-2014 by WWJFKD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It isn't JUST executing a kid in cold blood, but shooting between/through other cops to do it?

That's actually what I found most fishy. Thanks for bringing it up, don't know why I forgot to add it. I'm having a hard time imaging someone being so brazen as to walk up to a kid that's retrained, say 'we don't have time for this' and shoot him risking the other officers and risking their own ass considering the family and a number of other cops were present.

Also, of all the people to kill for fun, why would you shoot a (and I hate to say it) young white male that only weighs 90 lbs. and is armed with a screwdriver. In front of his parents (allegedly). Unless the cop just went postal, I can't see this incident as a shooting to sate some sort of murder lust. If a cop wanted to go out and shoot someone, there are easier ways.

With the minimal amount of information, and the majority of that coming from the father of the young man, it's really hard (for me anyway) to automatically say this guy (shooter) is a scumbag pig and further proof of a police state. I'm still calling the police when I need them. The inability of so many members to wait until more facts are presented before condemning someone as a murderer is troubling. The automatic assumption that anyone with a bad story about the police is honest and trustworthy is frightening. It's as worrisome as people who believe the police can do no wrong, that politicians don't lie and Olive Garden tastes good.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

As an outsider I can only say that police are really just there to keep the status quo in place, They may have been concieved as public servants but ask any public member whom is in charge and he will tell you it is the police, the officer guilty should be strung up and in public as an example and there are probably many serving and former police whom would say the same thing but once they are part of there fraternity they tend to close ranks and this is the reason that corruption and abuse thrive inside police forces the world over.
It appears that the american people are now under martial law and subject to execution without trial which can only mean they have been invaded from within and are under a state of siege war.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Officer should be executed (if true).

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I have paranoid schizophrenia myself. Schizophrenics are more likely to be the victims of violence then the perpetrators. Schizophrenics for the most part just want to be left alone.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I am not sure everywhere else, but this is what its like here in Australia..

If you are walking down the street and pass a police officer, if you were to stop and say 'hello' or 'how was your day?' or any other greeting, 99% of the time the officer would just turn there nose up and practically laugh to each other. Don't get me wrong though, you will occasionally come across a respectable police officer who is just doing there job and is a respectable member to society.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

I also have schizophrenia never ever call cops when your having an episode call paramedics

(post by Common Good removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

relatives call the police more often than neighbors do.. at the height of emotions when the situation seems hopeless especially when there's pressure mounting each day with no improvements on tensions, extreme reactions would result to this.. if it wasn't the parents, the siblings would have called. i'd say its being emotionally irresponsible for calling the cops...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
remember the cops are public servants and funded by your tax dollars to serve and protect you. The cops should be fired and charged with 1st degree murder.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

i don't know how your mental health laws work,but over here,getting arrested for psychosis mostly gets you straight into a hospital bed,and medded up for weeks.or in prison medical ward if really dangerous.i was in hsp here,low secure unit,a nd a guy (his story's on here but not sure i can say it)we went for walk in woods,i talked to him briefly,he said he'd kill a patient if they threw him out,they threw him out.he stabbed poor bloke in neck,for being Irish,like me.but to get one of the constantly diminishing beds is nigh on ompossible now.they are running a buissness and only want easy docile patients to fill their beds.God i was so shocked how bad things are now.theres a huge fuss between police and drs.which one gets lumped with the prize.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It would be great if American citizens all over the US rallied together and created a huge outcry about this incident, and many more like it, but they won't. Sadly many Americans(including many members here on ATS) feel that their police force has the right to kill US citizens when they feel like it.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

seabhac-rua
It would be great if American citizens all over the US rallied together and created a huge outcry about this incident, and many more like it, but they won't. Sadly many Americans(including many members here on ATS) feel that their police force has the right to kill US citizens when they feel like it.

I don't think that will happen, even if it does it'll be short lived and the story will get buried three days after it gets started by the media. Not saying it wouldn't be nice to see, I know lots of people who are tire of things like this happening. It's sad when we've gotten to the point where we can almost count this as the norm'.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

violet
He had a two inch penis, no lie. This made him have serious self esteem issues with acquiring a girlfriend and having sex.

that's it right there, i think you're on to something. must be most male cops have a two inch penis. hahahahahaha

on a serious note i don't think you'll see the normal ATS cops trying to defend this idiot. on a side note i guess he will get that "time" he stated he didn't have before eh.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well I won't comment specifically on this incident because I wasn't there. But I do give prayers to the family that lost their son.

Also, thanks to everyone on here that think I am scum just because I am a cop. I am amazed that you can judge me yet have never met me.

It all boils down to my theory as to why (if we truly are) seeing an increase in police corruption/violence/mistakes or whatever.

1. The pay and benefits at most departments nowadays are crap. This is causing good candidates to turn away from the career and thus resulting in a lesser quality candidate applying for the job. I believe a couple of years ago in New York they had to lessen their hiring requirements and start accepting people who had been arrested for third degree felonies. Previously if you had a felony you wouldn't be considered. (My friend told me that this is similar to what is happening in the military now)

2. Good experienced officers that have a heart and conscience and are capable of making good decisions are tired of the constant bashing and negativity received from the public. Couple that with decreased pay and benefits and they are leaving the career for something else. (Kind of the boat I am in now)

3. With those good, experienced officers leaving, the departments/offices are left with more inexperienced officers. This causes issues with training. Since the experienced officers are leaving there are less experienced officers taking on the roles of Field Training Officers (FTO's). We have several officers in our department that are FTO's and they only have 1 to 2 years of experience themselves. The FTO's are producing new officers that have no idea what they are doing! They don't know how to make sound decisions. They are screwing up left and right!

IMO I think these are the main reasons as to what is causing (if it truly is happening) an increase in criminal/negative police related incidents.

To end my rant I would like to say that blanket cop bashing does nothing to bridge the gap between the police and the citizens. Both are responsible for maintaining a positive relationship.

edit on 7-1-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

TorqueyThePig
Well I won't comment specifically on this incident because I wasn't there. But I do give prayers to the family that lost their son.

Also, thanks to everyone on here that think I am scum just because I am a cop. I am amazed that you can judge me yet have never met me.

It all boils down to my theory as to why (if we truly are) seeing an increase in police corruption/violence/mistakes or whatever.

1. The pay and benefits at most departments nowadays are crap. This is causing good candidates to turn away from the career and thus resulting in a lesser quality candidate applying for the job. I believe a couple of years ago in New York they had to lessen their hiring requirements and start accepting people who had been arrested for third degree felonies. Previously if you had a felony you wouldn't be considered. (My friend told me that this is similar to what is happening in the military now)

2. Good experienced officers that have a heart and conscience and are capable of making good decisions are tired of the constant bashing and negativity received from the public. Couple that with decreased pay and benefits and they are leaving the career for something else. (Kind of the boat I am in now)

3. With those good, experienced officers leaving, the departments/offices are left with more inexperienced officers. This causes issues with training. Since the experienced officers are leaving there are less experienced officers taking on the roles of Field Training Officers (FTO's). We have several officers in our department that are FTO's and they only have 1 to 2 years of experience themselves. The FTO's are producing new officers that have no idea what they are doing! They don't know how to make sound decisions. They are screwing up left and right!

IMO I think these are the main reasons as to what is causing (if it truly is happening) an increase in criminal/negative police related incidents.

To end my rant I would like to say that blanket cop bashing does nothing to bridge the gap between the police and the citizens. Both are responsible for maintaining a positive relationship.

edit on 7-1-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

1- is happening to everyone, no excuse there.

2- jumping ship is not a sign of valor.

3- again that's just an excuse used by people that have looked away for too long and now reap the unsavory rewards of belonging to a thug organization.

so what are you doing about it besides crying about it? are you confronting the bad apples on a regular basis?

have you considered moving into a less desirable precinct in order to aid in cleaning it up?

are you campaigning to have all extra benefits removed from cops, so they can be accountable and responsible? benefits such as immunity from civil suit? do you think cops should be held accountable by having no other rights then those afforded to everyday citizens?

i doubt that you are.

but i still don't think you're scum, just lost is all.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

People just don't see the long-term trends in government. We had monarchies two hundred or so years ago where things were quite simple. Do what your told or die. Obvious tyranny. People fail to see that there was never a full swing in the other direction. Nothing even close.

I live in a rural area. In my area, police generally do try to help people. I got one ticket and something like ten warnings after moving to New Hampshire. I moved here from an urban area. Back where I lived I never once got a warning and it was always a ticket. When I once asked the police for directions there, they rudely opened with a hostile interrogation as if asking them for directions was a hostile move, then harshly telling me not to violate the direction signs despite that they had exactly zero reason to think I would. As far as I'm concerned urban cops are part of an Orwellian tyranny that I want no part of. Anyone who values freedom who lives in an urban area should move out. They'll never regret it. In New Hampshire there are plenty of jobs. Its the strongest economy in New England. And you don't get harassed by cops. Not coincidentally, the state motto is "live free or die".

We live in a society where MOST PEOPLE believe in unequal rights. Both liberals and conservatives are in a position where they believe that people doing government duties need more rights than the rest of us to carry out their tasks. For example, spitting on an old lady and calling her a name is one thing. You get maybe a few months in jail. However, spitting on and calling a cop a name? Death sentence. Immediate execution. Forget about a trial. This is a common conservative position. Or how about liberals? Easy one. Government officials, who spend most of their lives abusing firearms, really really need those things and obviously have a right to them. The US Army is a bunch of gun nuts who kill people every day. But the rest of us, who don't go around killing people? We shouldn't have firearm rights. Liberals don't want equal rights either.

The key modern foundation of government is more personal choices and less personal responsibility. The key action of modern government is to enact unprovoked violence with the point of two wrongs making one right.

What kind of people are attracted to an organization founded on the principle of unprovoked violence? Psychopaths. Bullies. People mostly support this because they send these people money and don't even try to avoid it. When people stop supporting it, the system of violence stops existing. No violent revolution necessary. The common man simply cannot imagine people in general doing good and voluntarily helping each other, so from a standpoint of fear, they lash out in violence. When mankind decides personal self-defense is fine but unprovoked violence as a way of life isn't, then things all change for the better.
edit on 7-1-2014 by fractal2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2014 by fractal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Police believe they are the final word nowadays - their motto should be changed to 'thug and kill'.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join