It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Day America-Why you DON'T call the cops to come help; (gotta read this one)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Tell everyone you know and love. Never call police. Never talk to police even if you are innocent.

State sponsored terrorism. Good cops don't exist. Just like good prison guards at Abu Ghraib don't exist.

Just two sides; part of the problem and those in various stages of solution engineering.

audio and video on all cops and cruisers now! Deduct legal judgements from the pensions of these scum. These evil actors are draining tax revenue away from important stuff.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I don't like that last poster putting a political spin on this incident. Neither party is directly responsible for the death of that boy. It's a local matter that should be dealt with by the area authorities.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well the story says the third officer who did the killing had already ordered tazing. The boys weight makes me think of drugs.

Eventually, a third officer from the Southport police department entered the home as well, and ordered the use of tasers to subdue Vidal. According to Wilsey, Vidal was pinned on the ground by two of the officers when a third said, “we don’t have time for this,” and shot Vidal, killing him.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

The State Bureau of Investigation is investigating the shooting of a teenager by a police officer in Boiling Springs Lakes over the weekend.

Mark Wilsey Sr. says that initially officers were able to calm his son, who suffers from schizophrenia. But Wilsey says when a third officer arrived, his son became agitated. Wilsey says officers used a stun gun on Vidal and then a shot was fired and Vidal was hit.

Authorities say officers from three agencies responded. They have not released additional details.

Local paper so it is true to some extent.

www.postandcourier.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Um not to derail your thread. But reporting current events how does this shooting relate to Obamacare again?

Why don't we discuss the shooting from a neutral non-political stand point?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass
reply to post by anon72

Tell everyone you know and love. Never call police. Never talk to police even if you are innocent.

State sponsored terrorism. Good cops don't exist. Just like good prison guards at Abu Ghraib don't exist.

Just two sides; part of the problem and those in various stages of solution engineering.

audio and video on all cops and cruisers now! Deduct legal judgements from the pensions of these scum. These evil actors are draining tax revenue away from important stuff.

I read alot of crap day in day out but your form of crap is a little above the rest. When you paint with such large brush strokes of ignorance you tend to paint yourself into corners.

Just like anything good and bad people can be found. Two of three were good cops even the family is defending them, but one cop was bad......And should face murder charges.
edit on 6-1-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

90 pounds against three tazers? That boy should have been prone and immobile without a single bullet being fired.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

So the question has to become this...why did the parents call the cops in the first place?

The news video stated that the parents had to call police several times in the past to take their son to the hospital get his medication adjusted for his mental illness. Which means, he was on meds already. Something really strange there. Maybe they couldn't afford doc appointments and emergencies were the only way to get help?

Something went horribly wrong, and very few details other than sadly, someone is dead in a scenario that probably could have been prevented. It sounds like the police department is calling for an external investigation by the FBI.

I have a hard time believing that a cop said "we don't have time for this" and then just shot the kid, though. Those two events may have happened, but probably not in direct succession with one another.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Maybe the USA should adopt the British system.

Dont put guns in the police hands unless they have gone through extensive training and even then have strict "rules of engagemnet" of when they are allowed to use them. IE only when a suspect is threating the public or police with deadly force.

Seems to work over here, only once do I recall a armed british police cold bloodly killing someone (Charle mendez) and our police dont exactly drop like flys without the guns. But it does mean police have to actually use there brains. Infact what are the requiremnts to become a cop in the USA? Cause in the UK they are pretty damed high, not just phycialy but also education wise too.

This isnt a attack on the 2nd amendment by the way. Im all for individual gun ownership, but when those guns are to potentialy be use by a person of power on the public then a whole diffrent standard should apply. Not just any idiot should be given a gun, a badge and told to "hunt bad guys".
edit on 6-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Probably. I don't know anymore. My remote observation suggests that people on violent mental breaks have the strength of ten men and the humanity of a chimp on speed. They sound like the real-world equivalent of those aliens on Star Trek that require a phaser's kill setting just to stun them.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
How agonizing for the parents to watch their son be shot to death. That's just cold blooded murder

Calling the cops these days should be a last resort.

It's too true that anyone can become a cop.

I knew a real jerk who was training to be a cop. He was just power hungry. He was always saying he would give a ticket to somebody just by how they looked. It made him feel powerful. As did having a gun.

I was set up on a blind date with him and wasn't keen on him. I couldn't get rid of the guy. He stalked me and had sexually assaulted me. He was clearly mentally disturbed.

Just recently I was wondering if he ever was charged as a sexual offender because I imagined him to be the kind of guy who would kidnap a girl and lock her up, like he tried to do to me. So I google his name with sex offender. His name came up alright as RCMP liaison officer in Bangkok, Thailand, works with child exploitation cases involving travelling sex offenders.

Obviously he was never tested for any mental issues. Or he was and they didn't care. It's ironic how he works in the sex trade, claiming to prevent it when he is one himself. He had a two inch penis, no lie. This made him have serious self esteem issues with acquiring a girlfriend and having sex.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive
reply to post by anon72

Here is another link.
Family says officers shot and killed son...

It says the family just recently lost a daughter to a car wreck. I can't fathom what they are going through right now.

edit on 6-1-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

Thanks for posting a second source. There is a clip of the parents on the same page, they had more to say...

Neither was allowed in the ambulance with their son, notification of his death was by phone call & the DA (at that point) refused to let them see the body.

I have a feeling we'll be hearing more about this one.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
when you will engage in the following for a paycheck/pension, you will do anything"

1. Throw Americans out of homes for the profit of Foreign interests
2. Contribute to a FOR PROFIT prison system
3. Enforce tax seizures
4. Stop and Frisk.
5. stop someone from exercising free will with their own bodies*
6. participate in revenue generation.. ticket schemes
7. arrest someone for possession of a PLANT..*
8. Impede someone's right to travel freely
9. FREE SPEECH ZONES..
10. CHECKPOINTS..

"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

"just following orders" is no excuse. never holds water.

IF there were NO men with the lack of HONOR and INTEGRITY willing to carry out these things, they would NOT exist.

there will always be Tyrannical leaning people, but if the majority ignore them, then THEY are just crazy loons..

only when there are ANTI- FREE republic people willing to do whatever for a paycheck do these things happen.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

I'd like to add that there is a Big difference between calling the police specifically and dialing 911 for a MEDICAL emergency, which this clearly is.

It's clearly past time we rethink the policy of sending in police to handle complex medical situations and folks should be Clearly warned that the police will be first on scene and there is a danger that the individual suffering the medical emergency may get shot or otherwise injured.

Penny

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I have noticed a familiar theme on ATS and that is too make Law enforcement sound as bad as possible. Im not against that or for it, but I do love the hypocrisy of this site ATS.

Many people, in fact the large majority of the conspiracy nuts on here say "we can not believe the MSN" yet they fully believe it when it falls in line with one of their theories or one of their perceived "they are out to get us stories"

I am amazed that other sites are banned from being posted on here when ATS has the same problem with its stories and users.
edit on 6-1-2014 by projectbane because: for reasons i felt needed to be changed

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
From WECT

Quite a disturbing timeline....

According to the report, the first unit on scene was a Boiling Spring Lakes officer who arrived at 12:34. He was joined shortly after by two additional BSL officers and a Brunswick County Sheriff's Deputy.

The first unit on scene reported a confrontation in the hallway, but told Brunswick County Dispatchers several times that everything was OK. Unit 104 from Southport arrived on the scene at 12:48:41, fourteen minutes after the first officer had already been on scene. Seventy seconds later, Unit 104 radioed out that he had to fire shots at the subject in order to defend himself.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This is so sad to read. I've had a few incidence with the po po that was rather unpleasant and just flat out wrong! I believe there are a few good cops still out there. Note I said a FEW. Anytime I hear someone say they want to be a cop, I just want to slap the crap outta them! I feel an uprising coming soon...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think it highly suspicious that many officers who apparently were armed with tazers were unable to subdue a kid with a screwdriver. Then again, I suppose the story we're getting is almost entirely one sided at this point. I read both articles and watched the news blurb and still feel like I have no information. I'm not going to trust the cops or the father without more info. I would really like to see police wearing cameras. At least something mounted on a gun or tazer rail that is activated when it leaves the holster. I would gladly pay a few bucks more a year in taxes.

Without cameras it's pretty hard to know what happened. Often families lie, and so do the police. Witnesses are horrible, corruption and mistakes happen. Cameras don't lie.

First thing that popped into my head was that the cop grabbed his gun instead of his tazer. It makes sense with his allegedly saying 'we don't have time for this' which I would think to mean wrestling with the kid. Stranger things have happened. I remember a video where it seemed very obvious the cop had intended to grab his tazer and jumped about a foot high when his gun went off. I suppose that theory may be out because apparently it was radioed in that the young guy was shot in self defense by the officer. For all we know that may have been the case and the father isn't reliable, or the cop is lying to C his A. Both are certainly possible.

I hope there is a very thorough investigation, and I'm going to have a hard time accepting almost any reason for the kid getting shot. Even if there is a valid reason for the shooting (like the screwdriver was actually a knife and the kid had it up to a cops throat which I highly doubt) it's going to be hard to believe. Even if true. Which is why I say again, cameras.

If you failed to read between the lines, I think police should have cameras. Cameras.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

First thing that popped into my head was that the cop grabbed his gun instead of his tazer. It makes sense with his allegedly saying 'we don't have time for this' which I would think to mean wrestling with the kid. Stranger things have happened.

That has to be what it is... He was 70 seconds between arrival and shooting report? Sounds like he stormed in to settle things and had a firearm not a taser.

The only alternative is that he had an honest to god psychotic break with reality. It isn't JUST executing a kid in cold blood, but shooting between/through other cops to do it? That's homicidal mania if it wasn't a terminal mistake and instinctual CYA by immediate coverup.

......and how FAST and confident the move to cover up was is real real disturbing. Like a glimpse into much worse, if, in just over a minute, he was that sure he'd get away with it with both city cops and sheriff deputies there. Two different agencies.... Oh, something stinks I think.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

It hasn't been 'to protect and serve', for a long time now. Today 'it's us against them'. Police are trained to not allow their selves to be placed in harms way even if that's a situation that could possibly lead to a paper cut, they are trained to kill the perceived threat then find out whether or not it was real. In the 80's it wasn't uncommon for police to wait until fired upon before returning fire, that never happens anymore. What's the chances of landing a deadly blow with a screw driver, before 2 cops restrain a 90lb kid, it's less than 1%.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join