It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Area 51 Imagery on Terraserver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I see on another website that TerraServer has some new Area 51 imagery.
The shed on the north end, that was partially finished on the Bing imagery looks complete.
I believe this type of shed/hangar has been discussed here before. I haven't checked as yet for any other changes.
EDITED TO ADD: building appears complete on Bing, it was the taxiway(s) that were still all ripped up.

www.terraserver.com...
You will likely have to zoom all the way out, then back in with the above link.
edit on 5-1-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Always interesting to see images like this. To the top left of image, mid-left of triangle shaped runway on border with white area, there seems to be a (not sure on scale) massive satellite dish which is visible from the shadow being cast.
edit on 5-1-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

It's not a satellite dish. It is a radar dish that is part of the radar cross-section (RCS) measurement range that was established in 1959 by EG&G, Inc. The range is configured to obtain RCS data from aircraft in flight or mounted on pylons on the lakebed.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

What more insider information do you have?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Zcustosmorum
reply to post by Shadowhawk

What more insider information do you have?

If you only knew.
You can't get much more "inside" than Shadowhawk.
Pay attention when he speaks.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Shadowhawk
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

It's not a satellite dish. It is a radar dish that is part of the radar cross-section (RCS) measurement range that was established in 1959 by EG&G, Inc. The range is configured to obtain RCS data from aircraft in flight or mounted on pylons on the lakebed.

Key phrase here is "in-flight". How many facilities are there capable of dynamic RCS? PAX is one.

Other than released photos, nobody has ever photographed a static RCS test at Groom. I wonder if they bother to do them at all at Groom since there are many static RCS facilities, especially contractor owned. Every JANET flight would see the test structure on the dry lake.

Incidentally the new hush house entrance can be viewed from Tikaboo. Since the base must have known this when they picked the location, I can assume the hush house is for servicing base aircraft and/or chase aircraft. If it is for test articles, I suppose they can wheel it in under cover.

new topics

top topics

join