It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The difference between Live T.V. and scripted reality T.V.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Ok I've been thinking about doing this thread for along time now, especially after seeing the thread based around that abomination of a reality T.V. show "what would you do" on racism, and because of how many people jumped on board and were just willing to be lead by the nose and be decieved because it was a race topic.
The thing with actual "live T.V." is it leaves the station or company open to the variables of emotions of the humans involved, they have no control over what is going to happen, they have no idea if subject A is carrying A weapon, has some kind of mental issue, is on some kind of medication, has had some kind of horrific past experience, that caused some king of PTSD.
Think about it, if In fact the reality T.V. show actually placed a subject in a position of duress and themselves or somebody got injured because A person "flipped their lid" and started capping people left right and center, who is at fault? the T.V. company for hiring actors to taint them and hype up the racially charged situation.
NO WAY!!! that is why all reality based television shows (especially what would you do) you watch are scripted,on set filmed over a period of time all with actors to control the environment, lighting, sound, and of course the variables of the subjects which are professionals.

www.thestar.com...

After all, reality is messy, says Keil. “Reality does not conform to a time slot. And there isn’t always a villain and a good guy.”

check out these 12 slides each with a very short story about each show

none of the military records match the story he told, he eventually gave a tearful apology for his embellishments.

celebs.answers.com...

electronics.howstuffworks.com...

," it quickly became apparent that a lot of the real people auditioning for these shows were out-of-work or would-be actors trying to get screen time. But as long as it's entertaining, no one seems to be complaining -- people will keep coming back for more.

business.time.com...

The key phrase here is: “We’re making a television show.” This is first and foremost about entertainment. Does the program actually honor the home-buying process? That’s debatable.

Ok so what is the point I am trying to make here, well lets take a look:
This, although A subject that needs to be addressed by 90% of the worlds population is a complete fabrication,filmed on a set with actors. now while I understand it is a means to an end the point is 99.99% of people believe this to be actual real life reality with variables.

newsbusters.org...

Apparently ABC's news division is not content with reporting the news and spinning it to promote a liberal agenda. It now devotes a whole program to manufacturing fake scenarios in the hopes of pushing a liberal agenda.

now, when in actual fact this is what live reality T.V. with variables looks like.

www.liveleak.com...

www.liveleak.com...

At the end of the day it comes down to whether you are happy to be fed the illusion even though you know its not real.
After all ignorance is bliss.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Turn off the television. Go outside. You've just discovered fully interactive reality. Congratulations, your problem is solved.
edit on 2-1-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

lol, thats not even worthy of a reply

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

Considering I gave your thread the time of day, I don't find your response a very respectable one. And I think you'll find the sentiment expressed in my previous post is a rather common one.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Give me a break bro, your a top 100 member and you trolled the thread in less than three minutes with a condescending comment, which is just shaving T&C

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
To the OP, thanks for taking the time to put this information together. It is something a lot of people need to wake up to.

AfterInfinity
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

Considering I gave your thread the time of day, I don't find your response a very respectable one. And I think you'll find the sentiment expressed in my previous post is a rather common one.

AfterInfinity,

I'm not sure if your initial comment was aimed at PlayerOne01, but it did seem to be a tad rude, regardless. The OP has put the effort into making this thread, and you say go outside and discover interactive reality. You then followed that remark up with a sarcastic, and quite condescending congratulatory message...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Thanks OP, it's good to know I am not alone in this thought about "Reality TV". In fact, I was just saying almost th exact same thing in another thread here at ATS:

Thread: Uncovering Aliens BLACK OPS CONSPIRACY. The Best Evidence I've Seen of Alien UFOs!!

Krakatoa
In response to a post by Number19
"That video was very bad. Turned off after about 20 minutes. Terrible documentary. Cheesy music and quick cuts...lame. "

And here is the problem.....people perceiving/anticipating this TV show as a "documentary". It is no such thing at all. It is a Hollywood scripted "reality show", which as we all know by now, is far from true reality. It is for entertainment purposes only....period, end-of-story, the cast has taken their final bow to the audience and the curtain has fallen on the stage. It's a play, an act, and is NOT any form of documentary. Documentaries deal in facts, and actual evidence. And, when a section is made up to demonstrate a point visually, it is clearly labeled as such with the word "dramatization" at the time it is airing. The fact that this statement is used at the end, as opposed to scattered throughout during the scenes means that the entire thing was a dramatization.....and....therefore....NOT REAL.

edit on 1/2/2014 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I confess that when I'm feeling a little low, there's nothing like a little Jerry Springer to make me feel like I got my act together. But I have a hard time believing those people aren't actors. I mean, maybe there are that many stupid people in the world, but I would expect to see more blood and broken bones. I know what would happen if someone charged at me. But then, I couldn't see myself fighting over some of the women I've seen on that show.

new topics

top topics

join