It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things I just don't understand and questions I cannot get answered

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
When I read threads like this I always think:

Isn't it self-evident that because we don't have all the answers to all the complex questions, and that many of these things seem impossible to understand or explain, that it is we who are lacking in real intelligence and intellect? Secondly, just because we don't get it all or have all the answers, what makes more sense logically? That we attribute these (currently) unexplained things to some imagined deities or god or some sort? Or is it more logical to deduce that the very fact that we cannot answer all these questions, indeed hold some of them in our minds, pointing directly -- like a direct arrow -- to our origins as merely evolved primates? Logically it is clearly the latter. Our little monkey brains, as arrogant as we are, and as far as we think we've come, just aren't able to get it all as hard as we try. So far too many of us make up imaginary superbeings and superparents or "intelligence" who created it all -- because our little monkey brains can get a handle on that concept and it makes us feel better. That's human nature.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Saucerking

In my opinion, you can't scientize, logicate, or philoslop (made up words) the notion of god. That notion was around long before anyone could even read or write, let alone think logically or perform any kind of scientific investigation.

Therefore the notion of god is more fundamental than anything our minds can apprehend; more subtle than logic, more evident than what science can deduce. It's there, built in to us as a global race and no degree of brilliant backpeddling can ever erase that fact.

So there you have it: the notion of god itself is a fact that can not be disputed. What is being disputed are the words that are used to encapsulate that fact.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
When you die, you die.... reply to: prodiffenon

Can you handle that... if not, why not?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Is it because you don't #WANT# to die, or just can't face the consequences

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join