It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puff, Puff, Pass: Teen Dolphins Are Caught Getting High On Puffer Fish

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So sea world will be doing dolphin searches before allowing a dolphin into their tanks

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Varhaard
I wonder if they play 'spin the bottlenose' while puffing...

Do they call their parties 'reefers?'

Do they ever exhale?

Can they be triggered into having splashbacks?

Do they listen to Bob Marlin and the Whalers?

Is puffer fish a gateway drug? If so, what is the good stuff - Man O' War?

What do they eat when they get the munchies?

No kidding, you should be a professional joke writer.
Welcome to ATS btw!
I know your sense of humor will find many fans here.
So don't keep everything bottled up and you'll make out just fin.
Splashbacks, omg hilarious.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

"Do that face again, come on do it!"

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

Man I just love ATS.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yes I believe its called locoweed.... ( checks sources ) ..... yep its locoweed .
I guess one of the problems with it reportedly was that come winter time its one of the last green plants left so when forage is slim pickins they would munch on the stuff all day long.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CleanCare

Welcome to ATS , I see that your new .
This is a great place for lots of interesting and fascinating material .
Enjoy your stay, love your sig btw.
- CJ

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

CitizenJack
I'm tired of teenagers these days.... , they have all these opportunities in world and all do is get together, sit around and try to catch a buzz . They could be out there helping their families, trying to be leaders in the community and trying to be better overall. But nope they would rather sit around and puff all day. I hope the some one does something. I'm say we throw the book at these hooligans and let them deal with the DEA (dolphin enforcement agency)

Hey guys I found an interesting article about a group of teen dolphins being observed for a documentary. The dolphins don't know they are being watched , so we catch them in their natural environment. One of the things that were observed was what researchers believe to be is drug use by the youths.
They pass along a deadly puffer fish between themselves chewing on it lightly to release little amounts of the neurotoxins . After they enter an almost trance like state and become fascinated by their surroundings particularly their reflections.

Here is the article www.sunnyskyz.com...

I believe dolphins to be our closest intellectual relatives on this planet. I know some will disagree and say this animal or that, it is just my opinion. I dont believe that I need to highlight all their attributes in this thread but I thought it would be nice to add one to their credit. These creatures like to experience reality in different states. Its actual more natural than you may know here is another article written about this animal behavior
www.takepart.com... .

Though some here might enjoy this tidbit of info that was put out today. I found it interesting.
Any thoughts ATS?
How about a few dolphins under the influence jokes?

edit on 30-12-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2013 by CitizenJack because: typos : /

Were you a teenager once? You what hormones are? They supercede everything else.Hence teenagers.

Teenagers want to get high all the time.Just accept it.Don't preach to them.Give them what they want.

Give them drugs if that's what they want.The smart one will survive.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by championoftruth

Oh I was a teenager once , but I'm a red blooded hard working american I would never need mind altering substances to fill any voids in my life experince. Thats what patriotism and american pride are for !!! My love of this country and the ideals that it stands for are......
I cant do it anymore.

The first paragraph in my post is a spoof , this story is about Dolphins .
It was a light hearted attempt at being a crotchety old man , and at my old age (27) I felt it was time to get some practice at teen bashing.

Read the article its an interesting subject especially when you consider how social and individual desires mirror each other in the human / animal kingdom . And dont worry my past gives me no room to judge anyone one or thing about seeking an alternative experience in this reality.

Thanks for stopping by

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

There you go...locoweed.

They have issues with it and sheep in Aussie, too.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I think it's funny too.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

silo13
AHHHH HA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Ok, so now back on topic... What about the Dogs licking toads to get high...?

In parts of Australia dogs are turning to hallucinogenic amphibians to get high, according to a film about cane toads in the country. The reasons for the usage is unclear but filmmaker Mark Lewis, who explored the subject of doggy psychedelics in his recent film “Cane Toads: The Conquest,” told the Daily News some dogs are in need of interventions.

"It's hard to determine how much fun the dogs have but they keep doing it," he said. "Sometimes you'll see a dog running around in circles and realize it must have licked a toad."

Dogs, dolphins - next thing you know it will be...humans!

peace

(And yes, I’m looking forward to Varhaard’s response to my post)...

edit on 31-12-2013 by silo13 because: bold

Yes, it's a dog-eat-frog world, and I've got milkstone underwear

Saw a Great Dane lick a Horny Toad once. His poor owner had the runs for weeks...

If a dog trips after licking a Cane Toad, what happens if it licks a toad stool? Does it Shih, Tzu?

Makes one wonder when the princess was kissing those frogs, did she actually hallucinate about that prince? If so, then we should eat as many frog legs as possible to ensure the propagation of our species...and suddenly, the French make more sense.

If someone licked both a horny toad *and* a cane toad would we see evolution in action, or just random acts of savage bestiality? Or, does one beget the other? We should experiment...

Dogs roll in dead stuff all the time. They eat cat poop. They sniff other dog's butts. Conclusion: they are the second most hedonist species on the face of the Earth, after us. No wonder they are our best friends...

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I think this is the greatest thing ever. It pretty much proves that they're in the same league as humans, they're doing the same silly things that we humans do

The article was really interesting, glad you found it and shared it with us. S&F

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Varhaard

This guy... this here ... this guy here is funny.
I appreciate your humor, thanks for stopping by and contributing to the light- heartedness I wanted to have in this thread.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by windslayer

No problem mate.

I hope that translate well. I've been working on my exotic languages, I hope my Australian was as good as I think it is. I'm going to be picking up the rosetta stone aussie edition soon to further my studies.

Glad you enjoyed it friend, thanks for stopping by.
-CJ

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

It all comes down to one simple sociological thing...intelligent species enjoy altering their states of consciousness...the only difference is, the Dolphins are intelligent enough to accept it as an inevitable part of their soceity..Humans on the other hand aren't.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

The neurotoxin released by the puffer fish doesn't actually cross the blood/brain barrier. Thus the narcotic effects are limited to the 'body' and have no cognitive effects in the brain.

Sorry...the dolphins aren't getting stoned. They are feeling a degree of paralysis.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I was going to post my silly pass the puff fish on the left hand side `poem` ,but instead I offer up this .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join