It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95% of our universe is missing RIGHT?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

To be fair, oxygen only makes up 20.9 % of our atmosphere. The rest is nitrogen 78.08%, and a mish mash of much smaller samples, including argon, carbon dioxides and methane, and others besides.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

MAC269
95% of our universe is missing RIGHT?

If it was "missing" than by definition it wouldn't be part of the "Universe" to begin with.

The Entire Universe is "Here" - Right Now.
All of it.

This is a semantics issue.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
We talk about 'the known universe' - meaning the (relatively) small part of it which is observable.

But it's just the tip of the iceberg; the vast majority will remain forever inside the mysterious black void beyond the reach of our most powerful telescopes.

That's because space itself - and all the stars and galaxies within it - is expanding faster than the speed of light the further out you go.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I have watched at least two documentaries with two different PhD’s, from the USA who have said on film or what ever they used these day come up with this theory. Sorry I don’t get time to read thought the Sci-papers, I know very well I would not understand them anyway.

Now I very much agree with who ever it was that said yes this is a work in progress until something better comes along or it is disproved.

What I very much like about the idea is that it gets me anyway thinking. Also if it where true it would answer a great deal of our unanswered questions.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

“missing”

Yes well it is not me saying this, you will have to take your semantics up with the PhD’s.

However it would seam that it is missing as in the fact that at this time they can’t find it, they do not know what it is made of or in the case of the energy where it is coming from. So to a simple guy like myself that is just about as missing as it gets.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

The PhD’s tell us that with Hubble we have looked at a bit of what with land based telescopes appears to be void. In which we found another few thousand galaxies dating back 13 billion years, in other word to near the beginning of time its self.

Therefore as I see it, it is not a matter of we do not have the technology to look. It seams to be that what ever it is made of we do not have the technology to see it. That is if it is there at all.

The point being is it just a bit of faulty programming in a future Game Boy. Have our Boffins found the mistake of God. Or indeed a future computer GEEK.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join