It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Republican Representative Sentenced to One Year in Prison for Bribery!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
m.newson6.com...

Randy Terrill has been sentenced to one year in prison and a $5000 fine for bribery. The former republican representative arranged to give a former senator an $80,000 a year job at the Medical Examiner Office if she wouldn't seek reelection so a friend could seek her open seat.

Of course he is going to appeal the sentence.

If guilty, one year is too light a sentence. It seems stories like this are happening more frequently. Why are politicians so corrupt? Just do your job.....legally. is it that hard??

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

I like the Chinese sentance for corruption and bribery. Life or execution.

Those in power have our trust and a HUGE repsonsbility. Failure to meet up to that repsonsbility or who abuse the public trust should be hit with draconian penaltys.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

True. Same for rapists and thieves. Get caught stealing...loose a hand. Politicians aren't afraid. One year in a 5 star prison??? Sign me up!! Give this guy a year in a real prison and see how he likes it.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
the wealth and/or powerful have a different justice system, the rest of us are subject to another. this has been proven over and over.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

crazyewok
I like the Chinese sentance for corruption and bribery. Life or execution.

Do you have any idea how easily that could be claimed and abused to simply eliminate a political rival or in North Korea's case an Uncle....

On topic, I'm glad they got some jail time but not long enough imho.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

jimmyx
the wealth and/or powerful have a different justice system, the rest of us are subject to another. this has been proven over and over.

Exactly, Randy will never see the inside of a penal institution. He can afford to appeal until he finds a judge that will overturn his convection on a BS technicality.

In America we have the greatest system of justice that money can buy.....
edit on 20-12-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The corporations got the money, then you make the time *nudge nudge wink wink.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

SLAYER69

Do you have any idea how easily that could be claimed and abused to simply eliminate a political rival or in North Korea's case an Uncle....

Hense why you have courts, trial by jury and the whole inocence untill proven guily and burden of proof on the procecution.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I thought doing stuff like that was part of being a politician. Evidently getting caught isn't.

Now, they all use their influence to get things they want, the guy didn't actually bribe the other person. It's funny that they found the guy guilty. They do that kind of stuff all the time in Washington. Look how many senators go work for companies that they support after they are done. If they are going to start on this guy they should clean up congress too. Both parties are guilty of this.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Who was the creep that went to prison for a similar crime.......blogovich?? Google is not my friend.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Hang em high!
The US is at war against terrorism, and treason in time of war is a serious thing.
Shame on us...

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Are times a changing??? Are people fed up with this sh**? Are judges going to step it up?

I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think that's great. However no party has a monopoly on good character there's bad guys on both sides but it's great that they bust these crooks they should get the death penalty for betraying the public trust that they swore to defend.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Correct. Democrats are just as big of douchebags as republicans. A crook is a crook. I don't see political parties. I say get rid of them. Don't be a dem, rep, lib, left or right...blah blah.....just be you.

join