It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Advertising

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

Generally speaking, they dont always know what products or services are going to be included in a Corporate sponsorship. They enter into contracts with big, big sponsor companies, and those companies then flood the advertising with all or some of the products they sell which can be a very wide group of unrelated products.

Because one or two of them may not be pleasing to the public dont have much sway in the larger picture of the $$$ the contract represents.

Where it is just one product or one company, sure. ATS has a right to not contract that product. But, you see how thats working? Im inclined to think they are advertising "packages".

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The question I have is WHY don't I have any of these reported problems? I mean, I've got fewer stars, posts, flags, points, Karma and who knows what all than lots of you do. I'm on here nearly every day. I see very few ads at all and rarely click on one. They are quite obviously targeted. If I've recently been on a generator site, I see ads for generators. I bought a toner cartridge yesterday so now I see ads for toner cartridges (a day late and a dollar short.) I do not use an ad blocker at all, and I have never once been re-directed, given malicious code, or otherwise been inconvenienced by the ads on this site.

So I'm just wondering what you are doing that I am not or what I am doing that you are not that causes you to suffer so much that you complain about it. Because frankly I'm at a loss. What in Heaven's name are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm speaking with skepticoverlord about something a found during an assessment.

The problem may be simple.

The truth is there are so many browser variations not to mention ad blockers and the likes that its hard to pinpoint the problem when only a few have it.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Don't visit sketchy sites that load malware into your browser's favorites or recently visited cache... Problem solved.

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join