It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Top NSA Official - We are Now In a Police State

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
32 year NSA Veteran Bill Binney gave a startling interview about what is really going on with the NSA and what they do with the information ABOUT ALL OF US that is gathered. If what he says is true, then all of us, and especially those of us who have posted at ATS, are screwed. The stage is set. Republican or democrat ... it doesn't matter ... it's all the same when it comes to feeding the totalitarian beast.

Investment Watch - Former Top NSA Official - We are Now In a Police State

32-year NSA Veteran Who Created Mass Surveillance System Says Government Use of Data Gathered Through Spying “Is a Totalitarian Process”

Bill Binney is the high-level NSA executive who created the agency’s mass surveillance program for digital information. A 32-year NSA veteran widely regarded as a “legend” within the agency, Binney was the senior technical director within the agency and managed thousands of NSA employees. ......

By way of background, the government is spying on virtually everything we do. All of the information gained by the NSA through spying is then shared with federal, state and local agencies, and they are using that information to prosecute petty crimes such as drugs and taxes. The agencies are instructed to intentionally “launder” the information gained through spying, i.e. to pretend that they got the information in a more legitimate way … and to hide that from defense attorneys and judges.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Gosh, look at it from a personal level. You get this job, doing this/that/the other thing for a contractor, and you do your job, but day by day the big and horrible picture reveals itself to you: Its a picture of Orwellian proportions, total surveillance. where NO ONE in the process seems to have ultimate control over it, it just is unfolding on its own, without any external controls.

Within that view, Snowden looks pretty damn good for stepping out of it. In fact, for the Snowden we see, there's probably a whole lot of other Snowdens still in the system who can't figure out how to step out as gracefully as he did.

But there it is, the cold hard truth that way too few people are willing are to face. I have respect for those who do what they can to do what they think, as individuals, is right. Its a tough call.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

How do we get rid of the police-state?

How do we return to a society based on individualism, personal responsibility, liberty, freedom?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
For some reason, your post brought back a distant memory of a song from my youth -
Steppenwolf's "Monster" very much seems like the NSA:

Yeah, there's a monster on the loose
It's got our heads into the noose
And it just sits there watchin'

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

www.youtube.com...

THAT IS HOW IT WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO HAPPEN. - IMHO
(and no, I'm not calling for that. It's just a prediction)
edit on 12/18/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

Funny you mentioned music. When it comes to this subject, this song came to mind ..
www.youtube.com...

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

OR

Call me, you have my number.......

edit on 18-12-2013 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

even for an old codger like myself (61)..I like the music of MUSE. I have noticed that the anti-government posts over the last year has been rather subdued in the intensity of their statements...seems like whatever you believe about the validity of the U.S. being a police state...it seems to be working

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The only successful form of protest that I can think of in history was in Germany (if my history serves me right, please correct if not). After the First World War, a military government stepped in which consisted of the "Freikorps", they were ex-military who felt out of sync with society and wanted a military regime set up.

However when the received power, people just refused to work, I think they lasted about 3 days before collapsing.

John Lennon's bed protest would be a more successful idea I think, after all, who doesn't want to spend all day in bed?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I posted a thread a couple weeks back asking if something didn't happen, and if that actually stopped the world going into a totalitarian state.

However, I am going to go back on myself now. I think it has happened. THIS IS IT. We are all expecting something from a movie, when in reality, the life we lead in this world as it is now, is the NWO conquering all.

Think about it. In the US, you all ready feel like your not free, the rich are dam rich and the media and president do what they want and tell you what to do. You ask people to realise what's coming, when in my eyes, we missed it, it's happened, it's happening. Stop waiting.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

The gov can go blow itself. It knows how out of line it is. It's totally trashed our Constitutional rights to the extent that we'll never recover.

The US talks a great game - liberty and all that goes with it - but it's a lot of hot air. We have very limited freedom, and when we fight wars in other countries we're not bringing them freedom. We're exporting our violence and fascist ways.
edit on 12/18/2013 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/18/2013 by Restricted because: language

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

To the Original-Poster: Star-n-Flag !

Background: William Edward Binney - ( wikipedia )

-
Sentiment: Credible ... ( or someone worth listening to ? )

-
TEXAS: Lt. Governor Dewhurst Statement in Response to U.S. District Judge Ruling on Unconstitutional NSA Data Collection
-
edit on 18-12-2013 by FarleyWayne because: added ... "TEXAS"

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Not at all easily...it will take the collective effort of a great number of Americans to reverse this process, and CONSTANT OVERSIGHT and VIGILENCE to make sure that it cannot happen again. ALL THOSE GUILTY MUST BE PUNISHED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW. This will be a deterrent to any other power grabbing tyrants that find themselves in Government.

Bear in mind that the longer you wait to clean house in Washington, the harder it will be to come back from it.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Bill Binney is the high-level NSA executive who created the agency’s mass surveillance program

Gee, "Bill", thanks for CREATING the NSA's mass surveillance program buddy! The guy who created a large portion of our police state we are in now, is crying police state? Ok, why? I think Bill needs to spend some time in prison to think about this, you know, like for life?
edit on 18-12-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

beezzer

How do we return to a society based on individualism, personal responsibility, liberty, freedom?

By standing untied as one people.

By not being divided by race, creed, color, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class,religion, or even nationality.

And say in one voice tyranny will not stand.

Nothing will change until we can all put aside what divides us and we all remember what we have in common opposed to that in which we don't.

I believe change can happen, I believe the system can still work, I believe we can do it peacefully.

All it takes is the will to stand as one behind the beliefs that founded this nation.

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, for all man kind, not just the rich or elite.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

iRoyalty

The only successful form of protest that I can think of in history was in Germany (if my history serves me right, please correct if not). After the First World War, a military government stepped in which consisted of the "Freikorps", they were ex-military who felt out of sync with society and wanted a military regime set up.

However when the received power, people just refused to work, I think they lasted about 3 days before collapsing.

John Lennon's bed protest would be a more successful idea I think, after all, who doesn't want to spend all day in bed?

India vs. British empire

Tyranny 0
Gandhi 1

Shamed an entire nation into being freed.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Yep definitely a police state. As far as I remember the first real shots were fired at Ruby Ridge and Waco Texas. And nobody seemed to care. Well we're in it now.

There is only one way to overthrow tyranny and in my mind it's not the Gandhi method (though that worked once.) I believe the US police state would kill every one of us if we attempted a peaceful revolution like that.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It would be a revelation to every citizen as to just what the "government" thinks of them.......especially when the efficiency of the high tech warfighting tools they possess is demonstrated......
In case you haven't noticed...the MIComplex has developed many answers to policing a country which is hostile to their
occupation......
The people would be slaughtered wholesale.....or disarmed without firing a shot using microwave technology.....
Are you ready for the robots and drones that are ready to be unleashed on us?
Coming to YOUR neighbourhood soon.......
DARPA has been veryyy busy preparing for such an uprising.......as has NSA.....

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

jimmyx

even for an old codger like myself (61)..I like the music of MUSE. I have noticed that the anti-government posts over the last year has been rather subdued in the intensity of their statements...seems like whatever you believe about the validity of the U.S. being a police state...it seems to be working

Just chiming in to note the same. In fact, the majority of political commentary that I've seen percolate through has been the typical mocking of gaffes. I've been deliberately sharing articles and making posts about current political issues. Previously, those would have an active discourse going on. The only time that has happened post-NSA reveal was in regards to social security, that one subject that we can easily perceive as affecting us all. Interestingly enough, that particular subject also was the one time where more extreme discourse occurred in regards to what we should do. I also spotted a cute little acknowledgement of surveillance pass through that made the remark that everything one said on social media would be in the hands of the NSA et al and that still posting was "engaging in civil disobedience". When I shared that one, it got a decent number of likes and from unexpected quarters. As silly as it sounds, it's an acknowledgment that speech on the internet is chilled and to speak is the equivalency of "civil disobedience". That's rather scary when you think about it as we are supposed to discuss politics freely as it is inherent to our democracy.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Which is why Gandhi like persistence is needed.

Don't give them a reason, so that when they do the abuse is obvious.

Passive resistance, peaceful protest, use the system in place as best you can.

Let them make the first move not the other way around.

Use peaceful avenues for change while they still exist...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join