It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV show talked about paranormal 1990's uk axed what was it's name?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Does anyone remember a tv show which was on tv in the 1990's? It was a show where there was this interviewer who mostly let people just talk: people who had been invited and were knowledgable. People talked about the paranormal time slips( the one in liverpool and also the famous one in france) and about ghosts, aliens....etc

The show really seemed to prove many of these topics and it had a lopt of viewers for it's late night slot. It got taken off air and the guy who was on tv a lot at the time dissapeared. He had light brown hair. He was thin. He was one of the graduates which seeme to always be in tv then: still noticeable as there were less graduates and still some people who weren't.

I would love to know the name. It should have been a cult series and maybe it still can.

I think it was on tv on either channel 4 or I think bbc. It was on late at night.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Was it Fortean TV? I just discovered that show recently on YouTube and it was a 90s UK show about the Paranormal that mostly contained interviews.

**Nevermind I see the host you described does not match the host of Fortean TV who is an older stout Priest.
edit on 16-12-2013 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

It was actually much better: and that was great. It was taken off without explanation: and it had great viewing figures for that time of day: and sadly the guys career went. It was so good that it was proving things which I believe THEY didn't want people to think about. Sadly it destroyed the guys career: he was a very talented interviewer.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by werewolf99

At first I was thinking 'what the hell was the paranormal 1990's UK and how was it so big that they made a TV show based on it?'

Then I realised you meant:

1990s, UK TV show that talked about the paranormal but got axed. What was it's name?

Only one I know of was Fortean TV and that was fun and daft but not particularly informative on the ivestigative side of things.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Could it be "Strange but True?" that your referring too? I used to love that show

en.wikipedia.org...

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join