It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you measure empire? 600 secret Military bases mapped.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

I sorted through some of the links and images and didn't come across one for say the Americas and one for Africa etc. that would show the lot of them in one map.

I have enough other priorities I'm not going to filter through all the images and links looking for it. If someone has such, please post them.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

EA006
reply to post by GArnold

Makes you think the Americans have been preparing for WW3 for a while.

Makes you think the Americans have been preventing WW3 for a while.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

g146541
reply to post by GArnold

I have a secret, and you don't know about it.
If you knew about it, it wouldn't be much of a secret.
These bases are secret?

He uses some definition of secret that is not clear to me. I think after reading the article that at some point these bases were blurred or obscured in some manner by Bing/Google or other such mapping program. There probably is 600 bases that are secret in the sense the Govt would rather you not be looking at them. I would hazard to bet there is an additional 50-150 bases that are legitimately secret spread around the world. Those bases we will not hear about until they stop being strategic or of use to the Military or until we have another Snowden type event.

I actually meant to say in my OP that this reminds me of the mapping of drone strikes and posting it to Instagram.

instagram.com...
Drone Strikes Mapped

edit on 15-12-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Yup..and when I see it, I'll believe it exists in more than theory. The problem with that theory is...Space isn't some far off, distant place. We can physically sit in our own backyard with consumer level equipment and literally watch what is in orbit above us. Those with a little above consumer level can do much more.

That's the fishbowl we'd be saying fortunes worth of space fleet exist. I don't doubt the US Air Force never stopped their own space program when they claimed to have and let NASA take lead. A full fleet though? As much as we're wasting in 100's of billions? I think we'd still be thinking too small in pricetag by todays contractor and accounting standards. Much too low.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Are price tags real though and not overinflated for funneling off money to black projects (and certain offshore acounts)? If there are a few USAF manned stations and vessels up there im guessing it all the money invested in it would have been used far more efficiantly than say on makeing normal stuff like a F22 or aircraft carrier, plus to keep such a project hush hush the manpower working on equipment for it would be kept to a minimum.

Im not saying the USAF have fleets of battleships like the enterprise out there, but a few small LEO space craft and stations are not beyond the relm of possibilty. Hell just $10 billion a year would easily cover that. NASA is what $6 billion? And its plauged with red tap, cancelled project after project and no real direction or purpose. $10 billion filteterd into a well orgnanised a structured department would stretch a long way.

It still confuses me how the USA goverment is so laid back with its useless nasa that since 2011 cant even launch men into space, while china, india, russia and even iran are makeing leaps and bounds. Only way the usa can be so complaceant is if it has a plan b,

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Bedlam

A full fleet though? As much as we're wasting in 100's of billions? I think we'd still be thinking too small in pricetag by todays contractor and accounting standards. Much too low.

You can't contract that sort of thing out for production. Design, yes.

eta: where did you think all the helium went? You need it for supercooling.

edit on 15-12-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

If we can't contract it out....I don't mean to be too particular...but who would make it? Uncle Sam doesn't have vast fabrication centers and production facilities like Lockheed, Boeing and others. Uncle needs...They make.

You kinda lost me on that?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

If we can't contract it out....I don't mean to be too particular...but who would make it? Uncle Sam doesn't have vast fabrication centers and production facilities like Lockheed, Boeing and others. Uncle needs...They make.

You kinda lost me on that?

Im sure if there was a small US military space presence it would still be made by Lockheed , Boeing or whoever.
It might be part of the inflated prices. When spend $250 million on a F-22 your not actually spending £250 million, $50-100 million is taken by Lockeheed and Boeing to build whatever under the radar. Therre is probably a few "special" projects that get funding like that. And you could probably keep construction under wraps to. Keep the construction centralised with only a small team that assembles everything at the end who know whats going on. A couple of off the books space shuttles or space capsals and small space station are not beyond possibility.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I believe what needs to be done and said about all this has been said by Pat Buchanan, Recall all the troops and electrify the Mexican border.

I have seen plenty of US dollars wasted in foreign countries, we need to take care of our land first

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The Roman empire never really went away, it just got moved from one country to another, all you have to do is follow the Eagle image, the Romans had it, the Nazis had and now the Americans have it.
Every country wants to make its mark on history and the best way is to have an empire.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

DataWraith
The Roman empire never really went away, it just got moved from one country to another, all you have to do is follow the Eagle image, the Romans had it, the Nazis had and now the Americans have it.
Every country wants to make its mark on history and the best way is to have an empire.

The largest empire in world history never used "The Eagle Image"
2nd

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Here is a vid that makes an effort to show that the Crown over time made the US its front guy of the empire.

Most of this is developed in the first 30 minutes of vid.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

I think it is an unknown fact that most of the overseas McDonalds Franchises are actual CIA front shops. Billions served.....think about it.......

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Erm I hate to say your wrong but you are,
www.theguardian.com...
found in London .
Nuff said

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

DataWraith
reply to post by alldaylong

Erm I hate to say your wrong but you are,
www.theguardian.com...
found in London .
Nuff said

Sorry but i am not wrong.

What you are pointing out is an artifact commissioned it would appear by The Romans when they were in England 1800 years ago.
This has nothing to do with The British Empire.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

I am located in Minnesota and none of those bases are secret in any way. Plus, the Arden hills location is an abandoned site in the process of being demolished. I'm willing to bet most of the map markers are inaccurate.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Bedlam
You can't contract that sort of thing out for production. Design, yes.

eta: where did you think all the helium went? You need it for supercooling.

edit on 15-12-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

Super cooling in space? Now that sounds like bad design indeed but perhaps i just don't know what i should.... In principle i agree that the Pentagon should have been able to afford a fleet of anti grav/inertial dampening type space shuttle/ships since somewhere in the 70's but sadly i am fairly confident that all the massive spending resulted in was to make contractors even richer and generals&admirals 'fatter'. Beside for the sprawling infrastructure all over the world and the generous salaries the US armed forces just happens to also be horrendously wasteful in how it spends money. It could learn much from how some other western armed forces are run on comparative shoe string budgets without sacrificing much in comparative capability!

Stellar

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'll be THAT guy and say that instead of an empire, I call this terrorism. Look at every other country we so call terrorists? How many bases they have world wide?

EXACTLY!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

GArnold

woodwardjnr
There's a US base about 2miles from my house that isn't on that map. It works alongside RAF Croughton which is on the map, part of the GCHQ, NSA shiz.

I would point out there are 5000 US military installations according to the article. He has only mapped those which fit his definition of secret in some respect. I think he is trying to map those facilities that are blurred out or obscured in some fashion on the popular mapping programs (Bing, Google).

Hope that Helps.

With that many US Military bases there is most likely one downstairs from me in my Apt Building.

The bases shown in the US certainly aren't secret. Further, he listed a lot of bases that were shutdown in various BRACs. Fort Ord for instance. Then there is a lot of double accounting, that is, the Nellis Test and Training Range gets listings for Tolicha Peak, which is just a Nellis AFB facility.

Look at George AFB. It got BRACed. It is now just Southern California Logistics, a civilian freight airport with a nearby boneyard. It does have a USAF reserve squad that flies drones.

It would have been a much better article if he just made a KMZ. I'm not a fan of web2.0.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The Volkel airbase that is blocked on Google Earth is perfectly clear on Bing. Coordinates are
51.657222, 5.690833.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join