It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the World NEEDS NOW is LOVE!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
People think only christianity talks about love and about God being Loving, so here is a video putting forward the Muslim pespective about it.

The video talks about basically two points that Islam stresses,

1) NO deity worthy of worship except Allah(One True God)
2) NO believer is a believer til he/she loves for his/her brother( neighbour ) what he/she loves for himself/herself.

the video explains how both are essential to have faith and how a person is lacking if he cannot love a fellow human being like himself.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

edit on 12/12/2013 by unb3k44n7 because: because

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

unb3k44n7

Love is an illusion created by society so that some who feel lost or whatver have something to look forward to or have a false sense of being needed, just like religion. Both which lead to a false sense of belonging and ultimate downfall. Not tryin to debbie down and pessimistic pound the crap out of your optimistic, light-spirited thread. What you say are nice notions in an ideal world, but not how life is realistically, in a realistic world. It's a dog eat dog world where using people for your/their own goals and needs are the cornerstones of interactions and progression. And if you don't play the superficial game... well, consider yourself OUT.

The reason for all the above is that people don't truely believe in the Creator. They think they have earned the right to exist because their ancestors won the fight for survival of the fittest and now they need to do the same.
People don't realise that they have a common origin and a common end.

The whole point of the thread is that more people refuse to play the superficial game.

The world will change when actions change and actions spring from beliefs.
If people believe that there is not enough and they need to win it by snatching it from someone else then you get the world you see.
If people believe that they have a place of return and accountability and a Creator who provides their needs just like He provides the birds and animals then the actions would change and the world too gradually.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

edit on 12/12/2013 by unb3k44n7 because: because

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

unb3k44n7

Nevermind. It's like talking to a wall.

I don't know why I post "anything" on threads when I know 98 percent of the time there is no point to it, yet I still think "well maybe this time.." But no.. no.

--Your thread and point is valid and the utmost truth, I have no rebuttle or counter-opinion, agreement or disagreement. *shrugs* im out

98 percent of what? does that really matter? just share your view and dont expect a result you will feel a million times better. The benefit of sharing is not always reflected back, yet here I am replying to you. The world is a blackboard and that is why it doesn't make sense.

edit on 12/12/2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

I think both of you are wrong, is that a valid third perspective? I don't believe in the one God Allah being a One God, for one,

And I don't believe this silly notion that living without love is somehow superior - that really rings of the German übermenschlich or super human, and Nazi influences that I really don't want to see in our society, but I know are coming anyway.
edit on 12amThu, 12 Dec 2013 03:41:35 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

logical7

The reason for all the above is that people don't truely believe in the Creator. They think they have earned the right to exist because their ancestors won the fight for survival of the fittest and now they need to do the same.
People don't realise that they have a common origin and a common end.

The whole point of the thread is that more people refuse to play the superficial game.

That is correct, however I think that more people are going to be playing the survival of the fittest game than are going to be playing the religious game.

I will give you that besides the Catholic Church, Islam is in a decent position to offer some kind of alternative

According to prophecy, the Catholic Church should shut down after this current Pope and we should be seeing the rise of the 4th Reich right about now. Which we already are, by the way. It's easy to see coming based on people's rhetoric changing.
edit on 12amThu, 12 Dec 2013 03:46:03 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
John Lennon was assassinated over this whole love thing.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

jibajaba
John Lennon was assassinated over this whole love thing.

And Gandhi.

And MLK Jr.

And Hitler.

...scratch that last one

(I think)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
@logical7...... ''People think only christianity talks about love and about God being Loving, so here is a video putting forward the Muslim pespective about it'' _________________________________________ ______________ I get your point. But the thing is, christians are only deluded they hold monopoly on the word ''love''. They also believe Jesus would, in the future, storm out of the skies to (lovingly) kill non-christians... And (lovingly)condemn to hell the non-christians who didn't believe Jesus died for their sins, that they inherited from Adam. According to their bizarre belief system, Hitler and Pol Pot could have gone to heaven if they had accepted that Jesus died for their monstrous sins....even at the last minute. These are the same people who believe a newborn baby is hellbound by default because it has inherited Adams sins.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
arm the women and give them equal rights... they will teach you love!

...also known as "respect"

edit on 12-12-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

When ever one group of 'Religion' begins by saying their God is the one true God begins an endless debate....because it can't be proven. I'm not knocking Islam, but, "The One True God" and if you don't believe in this one, you somehow are an infidel and don't deserve to live......sorry brother, just not buying it.

Mohammad really didn't even come to be until the 7th century around 630-660 CE. So where is he? And that question can be directed toward any major Religion.

My belief system has evolved and I no longer follow a specific dogma. However, I do believe in good acts toward my fellow man, free will, a conscience and I also have the gut feeling of what is right and wrong.

Hence, Love is a personal choice and NO religion has the corner market on it. I think Islam has a lot of conflicts in its dogma, just look at how they fight amongst themselves, and then want to kill anyone who does not want to follow their marching orders.....Radical yes, but born out of warped belief in Islam.

All of the other major religions have had histories of whacked out beliefs as well.

I believe in a Intelligent Designer. Do good, help others, love as you wish to be loved, be kind, compassionate and then life would be not such a struggle. Helping others in need is such a wonderful feeling.

ADDED NOTE: Yes, WE need Love, but also compassion, understanding (tolerance) and Peace!!

Peace and Love m/

edit on 12-12-2013 by ItDepends because: added add'l comment

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

I am not saying that God in my religion is the True One God, I am rather saying that my religion worships only the One True God/Intelligent Designer.

If an individual has a sincere belief in the Creator then his/her actions towards the fellow Creations(humans, animals, even plants) automatically would become loving and compassionate.

True there is infighting among muslims but then it depends on how well they have assimilated the above understanding.

Loving also does not necessarily mean being always non-violent.

If you love your family then you may hurt or even kill an aggressor who threatens anyone you love with injury or death by his actions.

In Islam it just advises that violence should be for the right cause and as a last option to uphold justice and protect innocents.
It ofcourse can be misused by power seeking individuals/groups.
Only God knows which muslims are doing it for the right reasons and which are seeking personal interests under guise of Islam.

Qur'an demands introspection and reflection and being honest to oneself in searching and making oneself better.

new topics

top topics

join