It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV series what are you watching now..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I LOVE great tv series.. they need to be exciting and unpredictable. I know we have had threads asking for good series before but times do change and so do series.
I am always looking good series to watch.

This year my favourites have been
- Vikings
- Sleepy Hollow
- Hemlock Grove
- Game of Thrones
- The Walking Dead
- Dexter
- Orphan Black
- Under the Dome
- The white Queen

I wished the Borgias to continue but seems that this serie is buried.. what a shame.

Share yours please..

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'm not great with watching series, but I did enjoy Breaking Bad. It was worth sticking with. I'll have a look at some of your list.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Only 2 :
Walking Dead
American Horror Story

I dont watch a lot of TV anyway, so I have them set to record. I wait a month and watch a few at a time.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Breaking Bad i left out as haven´t seen a single episode this year.. hubby has taken them on "tape" when he has time in winter leave we will have a marathon with them

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Arrow
The Tomorrow People
Agents of SHIELD
Once Upon A Time In Wonderland
Legend of Korra
Almost Human
Smallville

And I'll probably be picking up Flash once CW begins releasing it. And Daredevil, if they move ahead with it. As you can probably tell, my tastes are fairly consistent across the board.

I know what you mean by "unpredictable". More than one of the series I've just mentioned have really screwed with me. I mean, when it turns out the current leader of the rebel organization killed the previous leader on orders from the hostile authoritarian corporation they were trying to save each other from before training the previous leader's son as said son tries to learn what happen to said previous leader, it starts to make your head hurt.

Notice I didn't name the series, so screw your spoiler warnings.

edit on 11-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Check out homeland. Being human too.
Can't wait for game of thrones to come back on.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Advantage

American Horror Story

I love this show. The second season though so far by far is my favorite. I LOVED the stories in it, right up my alley!

I buy American Horror Story: Coven on Amazon the day after it airs. Every Thursday I watch it in the morning while little man naps. At the end of the season I own every episode and can watch it again any time i want. I have the first two seasons already

I also watch The Walking Dead but tbh I have a really hard time staying interested in it. I don't feel a pull towards any character. I'm still on Season 3. I have about 4 episodes left.

I also watch Arrow on Netflix, just started Scandal and just finished the last season currently on tv of Parenthood via Amazon Prime.

I don't have cable but we have a Roku and stream tv or movies that way.

I watch Game of Thrones when my husband has the DVD set lol which means in February I can watch Season 3, since I got him that for Christmas on pre-order lol.

There isn't much on tv any more besides crappy "reality" shows for EVERYTHING. Ugh.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Due to only having Freeview channels in the UK my choices are limited but at the moment I'm watching-Person Of Interest,The Mentalist,Alcatraz,Covert Affairs,Doctor Who(not on at moment but awaiting Christmas special)and a comedy-The Revolution Will Be Televised.
Noticed someone mentioned Dexter, loved that show when I had paid TV.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i love watching most american tv series, better than the rubbish we get her in the uk

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Noticed someone else mentioned Being Human,watched all the UK version but haven't saw the American version.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Is that a remake of The Tomorrow people or the original?Loved that.My older brother introduced me to it as he was a fan as a child in the seventies where as I'm ten years younger than him.
Think I've even still got some vhs tapes which I have converted to DVD.
The original Blake's 7 from the late seventies is also another which he introduced me to.My sister was named after Jenna from it as it was a family favourite in my house but as as was only about 3 to 5 years old when it was on didn't appreciate it until about ten years after it was broadcast.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm mostly a comic book genre fan as you can tell by some of the series I watch.

Arrow
Person Of Interest
Revolution
The Walking Dead
The Tomorrow People
Homeland
Almost Human

I started watching Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D but that program is so bad/cheesy it makes Smallville look like a good TV show

edit on 11-12-2013 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

It's a remake being made by the same channel that gave us Smallville & Arrow.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
There are a few that I try to catch:

Big Bang Theory -- everyone needs a chuckle
Game of Thrones -- so very busy
The Good Wife -- revenge can be so sweet

I still like to occasionally flip through the old black and whites. I long for the boy scout attitudes. Sometimes, I just want to be entertained.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Alcatraz was dropped, it was good but not great. It ends without a proper conclusion...

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by searching411

Big Bang Theory - First season was memorable but from that it has declined much in quality of the script and even acting. Community - also was like that good first season and then it lost any appeal, Chevy Chase added something back but not enough to improve on the bad scripting...

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

dollukka

I wished the Borgias to continue but seems that this serie is buried.. what a shame.

Share yours please..

I couldn't agree with you more, I loved the Borgias and I hate that so much was left to question when it ended. But I did hear a rumor that they were to make a 2 hour finale thing that was supposed to wrap things up a bit better...but idk its been so long already, and I want to find out what happenz to Micheletto.

Vikings are awesome, can't wait for the second season to start in January i think?? Have you seen DaVinci's Demons? If you like the previous two you would love that one, except it does get a little carried away with the sex scenes.
Other than that Sons Of Anarchy and Justified, which I can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned yet. BBT, Rules of Engagement,and Survivor..gotta have Survivor.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Justified
Sons of Anarchy
Haven
Primeval (it's BBC america reruns?)
Vikings
And for those bad-bad reality shows Property Brothers, Restaurant Impossible, Chopped, Ax Men, I just can't believe no one mentioned "Legend of Shelby Stenga" !!! DevilsLettuce I was so glad you did remember those two.

edit on 11-12-2013 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I am currently watching the following series,

-The Big Bang Theory
-Coronation Street
-Two Broke Girls

I can only watch on iplayer but I get to choose when I watch.

I was really enjoying I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here but it finished on Sunday and now I feel like I have a missing limb. I love that show.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

glen200376

Noticed someone else mentioned Being Human,watched all the UK version but haven't saw the American version.

Don't waste your time. I much preferred the UK version. The US copy is weak and almost identical, but without actual acting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join