It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new and simple idea for ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hi Everyone

I have been a long time stalker of ATS and dont very often make threads. I spend alot of time reading through forums here and sometimes i just want to see the arguments for the topic in question, and sometimes i want to see the comments against the topic.

I tend to get annoyed reading through all the empty (insulting) comments just to get to the evidence for or against a topic. It would be good if comments that get alot of flags get pulled up to the first pages of a forum. This would obviously mean just using flags to flag evidence for or against a topic and not just for good empty rebuttals.

Recently i was reading through the site and i thought it would be great if when making a comment in a forum you had to select either "For, Against, Neutral" each one would correspond to a color code. When reading through the forums it can get bland reading through all the comments against a topic that im interested in.

I think both of these ideas would make a great addition to this site and benefit everyone while at the same time getting rid of trolls to the bottom of the forum where no one has to read there passive aggressive posts.

P.s this site doesn't work on iphone !!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by brizellious

Im not totally following.. you don´t flag comments you can give them stars..
If all the stars gets first in the thread you might lose some important and informational comments as not everyone share the same views as those who get stars.
Sometimes totally and almost totally unrelevant comments do get stars too and sometimes a lot, so should these be up first because of that?.. replying to someone and if the order changes cause of popularity, you loose the structure and eventually nothing makes sense IMO.

Well at least that would be something to see and baffle about

edit on 6-12-2013 by dollukka because: typo ..

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by brizellious

Nah, that would disrupt the flow of the conversations. Isn't that the new youtube model? That model kills conversations, kills threads, and allows no free flow of data except along the lines of accepted group-think agreements. Is this why youtube did it, to get people used to that?

And please post more often, mixing your knowledge in with everyone else's stew ingredients will help the site and, if you are serious about liking some of the comments, then comment on those! Good to meet you.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Bad idea! Imagine a bunch of trolls working together, they could control what was visible!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have an iPhone and this site works just fine on it.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I don't know what you tubes new design is unfortunately however I suppose flagging to the top would be a bad idea. I still think color coding your comments to be to or for or neutral would be a good idea. As It would make for easier quicker reading. I don't know about everyone else but when i see a topic about something I'm interested in I don't want to read the comments of people bashing the subject. Obviously everyone needs to hear both sides of every story. I just think it would make a better browsing experience.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It works fine on iphone if your signed in but if your not signed in the screen gets compressed and you have to keep swiping left and right to read anything, you cant just pinch to zoom out .

top topics

join