It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wormholes and Einstein's "spooky action at a distance"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hello ATSers, I came across this @ nbcnews.com. Give it a read and let us know what you think!

Here is the link: www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Boscov

Google EPR. EINSTEIN , POLDOSKY, ROSEN paradox. Also known as entanglement.
At the other end of the spectrum could explain psychic abilities. Spooky action at a distance refers to nonlocal communications. What is done to one proton occurs in any other associated with it. Being in two places as once until the observer collapse the wave and sets the potential as one place. This is the kind of science I love. Check out Dr.Quantum, Fred Alan Wolf. He is a lot of fun.
Also check out a film titled what the bleep do we know. Interesting stuff to be sure.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Thanks for the "bird-dogging", as I will most definitely read and watch more about EPR. Cool Science.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Boscov

I am not familiar with that phrase bird dogging. What is that.
Enjoy the science. Quantum physics is like a carnival in the science lab complete with fun house mirrors . Also see,The double slit experiment and spend some time with that ever lovin cat of Schrodinger.
I actually know what they are talking about when they mention this on the big bang theory. LOL.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Don't forget Heisenberg and the falling noisy tree.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

"Bird-dogging" is a reference to when a hunting dog locates and postures to point to a kill, track, or scent. Sorry, us Texans use many country sayings, lol. I am sure you now know it was harmless.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Boscov

Ah so I am a pointer then. All well and good. I love dogs.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Some even argue as to whether the forrest is even there when no one is there to observe it. Ponder that.
If you are in your living room right now and no one is in the bathroom just where is your toilet at this minute ?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hi, quantum fans !

If you are in your living room right now and no one is in the bathroom just where is your toilet at this minute ?

Ha hA !! I LOVE that science too !!
THAT is why the 1st line of my signature is there !!

Blue skies.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

It's so funny that I just watched that movie again the day before yesterday.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Boscov
Hello ATSers, I came across this @ nbcnews.com. Give it a read and let us know what you think!

Here is the link: www.nbcnews.com...

University of Washington (where I go).

So much ground breaking research is going on here.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

And if we are now discovering this imagine what a civilization thousands or millions of years ahead of us has done with this information and it doesn't seem so far fetched that travel across the universe is possible.
Meaning they probably have been here are here or are on their way here.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by JadeStar

And if we are now discovering this imagine what a civilization thousands or millions of years ahead of us has done with this information and it doesn't seem so far fetched that travel across the universe is possible.
Meaning they probably have been here are here or are on their way here.

Indeed.

Did you see this talk about using WISE (Wide Infrared Survey Explorer) data to look for Karashev Type II and Type III civilizations?

It's eye opening stuff.

new topics

top topics

join