It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on the price of Gold and Silver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

As we have watched the price of precious metals plummet over the past couple of months I have a theory about why the prices are currently reaching astronomical lows. I am by no means an expert in fiance or the markets but have some pet theories which have been coming to pass as we move closer to the holiday season.

It only stands to reason with the economic trouble our countries are facing and the extreme push by the msm to buy, buy, buy and support the consumer delusion of what they should be purchasing for family and all the guilt that goes along with that stream of thought and collective consumerism, that people are being forced to sell large amounts of their stores of precious metals to cover expenses.

This will flush out many of the small buyers of precious metals and in essence be part of the attempt to put more physical back into the markets post holiday. Will it be enough to cover even a small percentage of the physical deficits? I think that is doubtful but the big houses that no longer have the ability to deliver can breath a little sigh of relief once the metals are back in hand.

Another aspect of the metals manipulation is that we are now facing a surge in debt through unemployment, lower wages across the board and higher prices in everything from food and household goods, insurance premiums, taxes and power bills which in turn can cause many to cash in their physical to cover those expenses. Again it may not be so much a manipulation of the metals market but an attempt to flush out the little guy, the large quantity of small holders of physical metals.

Like shaking the money tree, many coins will fall before this is over sometime after the new year when the QE hits the fan and we begin to see the real economic numbers come into play. It is possible to see a slap of reality hit those who chose to believe the lies that drove them into selling their precious metals just shy of the biggest upturn we have ever seen in the metals markets.

I sense very strongly that 2014 is going to be a tipping point for everyone who has patiently awaited the real numbers of precious metals to surface. So hang in there, buy now if you can and hold on tight because the future is going to be grounded in a total reboot of the metals market and if you were smart enough to keep what you have manged to score over the past years and are holding physical, you will walk away from the coming economic mash pit quite secure.

Thanks for reading and feel free to add your personal insights as well.

edit on am1231amTue, 03 Dec 2013 08:29:45 -0600 by antar because: Image

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
But, I don't even like the color of gold, why would I buy it. I like silver a little, but I would never buy it as an investment. Metals are volatile and unless you have some knowledge of the people who control the price, it is always a risk.

I like copper, it is cheap to collect and will always be worth something. You can buy cheap brass and copper stuff at rummage sales for cheap. You can always sell it at a scrap yard someday if you need money.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's been funny but I've been watching all this happen with wonder. I've been hearing investment bankers and con men hawk gold as the end-all, be-all of any intelligent person for as many different reasons as there are conmen babbling them for why even average people should spend much needed household money for metal they cannot personally use and few if any people will be able to test and take DURING a crisis.

It's always struck me though.... If the investor types and conmen could get ENOUGH people buying the B.S., they could pump up the metal markets to re-live the Hunt Brothers run for the insane profits that brought some, along side the total destruction it brought others.

It seems in all the paranoia and fear culture following 9/11, they got their wish and people got scared. They ran out and they bought metals they had no direct use for. It pumped the prices. Conmen in business suits delighted and made bank (anyone notice how many billions have been ADDED to Buffets and Bloombergs net value in just the past couple years?? ..this was part of that, I'm thinking).

Now millions who spent money they didn't have for metals they couldn't use have had the dumb catch up to them with mortgage payments needing made and Christmas needing funded. The metals get sold first (ask me..I can attest..although I sold when Silver was at $31, not $19...lol).

Watch for more cons and more fears to pump up again for a new round of manipulated profit taking. I wonder if people will be foolish enough to play along again?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Awsome thread. Three years ago I found a 18k gold ring that weighed a whopping 12 grams. Sold it for a good chunk of change. I took that money and bought some 1 ounce silver ingots off eBay. I think I ended up with about 20. I waited till silver prices got a little higher and sold those for a nice profit. Nows a good time to buy. Craigslist....eBay.....auctions. buy now and when the markets crash you can make some $$$$$

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

the manipulation of paper gold/silver/platinum (which still have a direct relationship to physical PMetals pricing)
is soon going to end.

the bullion banks in the East will see to that...

shaking the small PM holdings of gold/silver/PMs out of weak hands was not the main purpose of the paper COMEX manipulation.. but it is an unintended consequence that does benefit the bigger players (the conspirators)

the suppressed gold ...and to a lesser extent silver and other PMs was to placate China with their nearly $3 Trillion in USD reserves and USA Treasuries & Bond holdings
If China was not a beneficiary of low gold prices and on the Top-of-the-List for being able to take delivery of tonnes of Gold--- the USD would already be collapsed in confidence and no longer a reserve currency..

but the USA has been advised the USD is going to be attacked despite the physical gold migration to the East/China as managed by a secret agreement with the Federal Reserve/USA Treasury with the Chinese leadership
(i think the replacement of the petro-dollar & the USD as global reserve currency will step forward for the next 3-4 years 2014-2017+)

the market movers like JP Morgan & Goldman Sachs are HFT-& 2 sets of books manipulations of the futures while adhering to the Fed Reserve-Treasury mandate of constantly low pricing of Gold & PM across the board...~ everyone taking their cut/ generating profits is the name of the game to keep all insiders willing to sell out the financial supports for a valuable currency in America~

i got enough PM stocks & silver to regroup during the collapse period..but not nearly enough to be rich afterward or to be a target during the chaos period...just enough for 1 family member to get by in a dire emergency...(the other 4 family will just hope for the one that draws the short straw)

edit on 3-12-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

people are being forced to sell large amounts of their stores of precious metals to cover expenses.

Maybe here in the west. This trickle is far outweighed by the avalanche of gold the Chinese are buying. Both public and private.

Whats his face Max Keiser on RT states this is the proof of price fixing by the "Banksters". At the rate millions of Chinese are buying up gold the price should be gong thru the roof. Once the western Fiat currencies fail, that "fixing' scheme by those banks will evaporate and the price of Pmetals will soar.

Question is how low it will go before then.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

i submit this article link: www.presstv.ir...

the report is about the recent China declaration to unload the $3.5 Trillion in USA dollars & securities and this new policy is irking Wall Street. Federal Reserve..& the govt Treasury

of somewhat related interest:
www.leftfootforward.org...

read my comment at bottom 'musivick'....on how the collapse of the finance system and other global crisis will cause the Nuclear Club (now the magical # of 10) to consolidate their power and authority...

the Nuclear Club for decades remained at 7 or 8 nations officially ----until 0bama just made this deal with Iran & that action unlocked the gate to having 10 nations in the nuclear club with the addition of either Iran or Saudi Arabia as the the 10th member of this end-times 'Beast' Empire of Power & Forces

i know it gets into biblical eschatology but is tied into this thread in subtie ways
edit on 3-12-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

join