It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noticing all the anti-Christian threads, explain, why are there martyrs for Christ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Wild, it is human nature to fight for your life to the last second.

I'll reply, give my answer to the the thread question, because Jesus is the way the truth and the life (here and over the veil).

I was thinking of the martyrs for this reason, today is the feast day of St. Andrew, the "first called" Apostle. Andrew felt himself not worthy to die on a cross like Jesus did so he spent two days dying, crucified on an X shaped piece of wood.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

One reason is how the "religious right" has used religion to further their political agenda while proving to be nothing more than outright hypocrites! Also the behavior of some of the worst of the worst whom call themselves Christians have show a massive hypocrisy based on hateful rhetoric versus love. As we see with any kind of compartmentalized group, whom has a few bad eggs, we as human beings are so blind that the only hatred we recognize is the hatred that is pointed to us and our beliefs! Yet, we feel we have a right to hate and judge those whom don't believe as we do?

I myself do not hate anyone whom is a Christian. It is their right and their freedom to practice their religion and have their own faith in what they believe in.

I do see the trend in hate toward Christians however, and in the light of those I am seeing whom "worship politicians" and their political parties, I am having a hard time understanding how they can be as hypocritical as some of the die hard Christians.

Political cultists, seem to be angry at those whom are Christians because they feel that those whom believe in God are pushing their religion on them, while at the same time, those whom have different political views seem to not have any issues with pushing their political ideologies on those whom don't believe as they do! WOW!!!!

Hypocrisy has no boundaries!!!

Our world is so divided that soon we most likely will be killing each other based upon plain stupidity and selfishness!

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Probably the same reason there are martyrs for Mohammad and Allah.

Christianity isn't unique when it comes to martyrs dying for its cause, all religions have martyrs.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by revolutionaryawareness

You are seeing anti-christian threads everywhere because humans are getting smarter.

No they're not! They are only getting more, and more, inconsiderate, and obnoxious. Your post even proves that to be true. Well done!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Martyrdom is nothing but a fetish. A profound unmet need, in this case the need for status within a group or possibly self-transcendence, is replaced with a cheap available substitute- the assumption that one's death will be honored.

Christianity has no monopoly on martyrdom. Every religion, every country, every subculture, every family tree, and some highschool football teams can claim their fair share of martyrs.

In a group where with a lot of sexual energy and a few people not getting a lot of sex, you're going to get fetishists. In a group that takes itself seriously where a few people are not taken seriously, you're going to have volunteers for martyrdom.

No more martyrdom. If you wanna help the cause, LIVE FOR IT.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with martyrs per se.

I have a problem with who they decide to take with them.

Personally, if you wanna go visit god and have play lunch with the ol' J-man, go for it. More fresh air for us sinners

Just don't take people with you. It's a one way trip in a one way vehicle on a one way road with room only for one.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

seeker1963

...I do see the trend in hate toward Christians however, and in the light of those I am seeing whom "worship politicians" and their political parties, I am having a hard time understanding how they can be as hypocritical as some of the die hard Christians.

Political cultists, seem to be angry at those whom are Christians because they feel that those whom believe in God are pushing their religion on them, while at the same time, those whom have different political views seem to not have any issues with pushing their political ideologies on those whom don't believe as they do! WOW!!!!

Hypocrisy has no boundaries!!!
Our world is so divided that soon we most likely will be killing each other based upon plain stupidity and selfishness!

Thank you to everyone who replied....

I started this thread after looking at the thread topics under religion, most of them are anti-Christian!

seeker 1963,
It is clear to me, the "divide" is good vs evil, it is black and white. We see the battle in politics, those in power now support things NOT of God, abortion, everyone must pay for abortion and contraception, sodomy is fine, Government control is right and just. No way, we're seeing the fruit. The liberal political examples I just mentioned all go against the 10 Commandments. Seeee why God our creator knows what is GOOD for us.

I disagreed earlier today with my dear husband who supports Obama asking him why should you be penalized by the government if you cannot afford health insurance? It is not right. It is evil, the means for Government to now control every aspect of your life. Why should the rotten IRS be any part, the big brother of our nation's healthcare?

Choose God, turn to Him, do not follow evil men. My prayer for everyone at ATS. The reason you hear
the term "end times" so often by Christians these days. The world is at the end of a very evil period of time, the 6th Day. The only way to make through what is ahead before the new time (the Millennial 7th Day) and to make to Heaven is be loving and this can be done with the the help of God's grace. You do God's Will by being loving in the present moment no matter the circumstance. Pray for God's help to be this way, pray for His grace, He will answer your prayer.

Everyone can pray even if only for 10 minutes a day. Do it, I repeat this so often because it is important, get a daily prayer life. Trust God.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Revelation 6:9-11(KJV)

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

To die in the name of Christ and for the cause of Christ is the greatest honor a Christian could hope to achieve.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

OptimusSubprime
reply to post by colbe

Revelation 6:9-11(KJV)

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

To die in the name of Christ and for the cause of Christ is the greatest honor a Christian could hope to achieve.

Great answer OptimusSubprime.

Like Stephen before him as he was stoned, I am sure Andrew the Apostle remained at peace and full of joy during his long crucifixtion.

They're in the news, internment camps, guillotines unless you take the 'chip.'

(Revelation) 20:4
And I saw seats; and they sat upon them; and judgment was given unto them; and the souls of them that were beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and who had not adored the beast nor his image, nor received his character on their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The Vagabond
reply to post by colbe

Martyrdom is nothing but a fetish. A profound unmet need, in this case the need for status within a group or possibly self-transcendence, is replaced with a cheap available substitute- the assumption that one's death will be honored.

Christianity has no monopoly on martyrdom. Every religion, every country, every subculture, every family tree, and some highschool football teams can claim their fair share of martyrs.

In a group where with a lot of sexual energy and a few people not getting a lot of sex, you're going to get fetishists. In a group that takes itself seriously where a few people are not taken seriously, you're going to have volunteers for martyrdom.

No more martyrdom. If you wanna help the cause, LIVE FOR IT.

Could I get some examples of groups that come anywhere close to Christianity in terms of martyrs? I'm actually curious if there are any. Remember that a martyr will not be killed if they simply renounce the belief that they are being executed for. Also, the "If you wanna help the cause, live for it" logic doesn't work with martyrs. Renouncing your faith in Christ doesn't advance the cause of Christ.
edit on 30-11-2013 by ghostfacekilah00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
One of my favorite martyrs is Saint Lawrence of Rome. He was executed by Emperor Valerian in 258 AD on a huge barbeque pit.

He was appointed archdeacon of Rome by Pope Sixtus II and put in charge of the Church treasury. When Emperor Valerian decided he wanted to try to destroy the Church (he failed), Lawrence was one of the first people he went after. He demanded that the Church forfeit all its treasure and wealth to him, including the Holy grail (which is in Valencia, Spain today - Lawrence entrusted the protection of the grail to his parents in Spain). Lawrence said he would need three days to gather all the treasure for Valerian. During those three days, he gave all of the Church's treasure and money to the poor and disabled of Rome, even exchanging larger, expensive items and for a higher quantity of more practical items so that he could give more away.

When the emperor came to collect, all the people who Lawrence had given the treasure to were standing behind him. Lawrence pointed to the people, saying "This is the treasure of the Church. She is truly rich. Far richer than your entire empire." The emperor was furious and had big barbeque pit constructed so he could watch Lawrence be killed slowly and painfully that night. All of the other Church leaders including the Pope had been executed a few days before, and when they were taken away, Lawrence told them he would see them soon (Heaven). As Lawrence was being roasted, his love for God burned so strongly that he felt little if any pain. He even said "I'm well done on this side, time to turn me over" and before he died he said "I think I'm fully cooked now." His last words were a prayer for the conversion of all humanity to Christ and the Church.

Those who don't believe in God will consider this a sad waste of a life, but as a Christian I find the display of faith and love for God so inspiring.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Since being antichrist is considered being cool and since most want to be accepted ........ ATS rewards those who speak out against Christianity. There is a ATS thread that explains this. By being antichrist your reward is stars and flags.

Look at your thread as proof ....... not a single star or flag except by me.

These antichrist believers enjoy attacking you and your beliefs even though ATS reminds us all to play nice.... the only ones I see who get punished are Christians who face their attacker and then ATS comes running in to play referee and then penalizes the Christian for his/her attack while the individual who started the attack walks free. A perfect example of society today.

Stay stead fast with your beliefs and continue spreading the word of God.
edit on 1-12-2013 by Fraudfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostfacekilah00

Pick a country whose name doesn't end in 'itzerland' and you have an answer. Nazi Germany had lots of martyrs, as did Stalinist Russia. There was no shortage of young men willing to wade into a hail of bullets, or jump on a grenade, or get on a boat that had a 50/50 chance of being sunk with all hands, and all kinds of other interesting and painful demises, all for the glory of some larger cause.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Fraudfinder
reply to post by colbe

Since being antichrist is considered being cool and since most want to be accepted ........ ATS rewards those who speak out against Christianity. There is a ATS thread that explains this. By being antichrist your reward is stars and flags.

Look at your thread as proof ....... not a single star or flag except by me.

These antichrist believers enjoy attacking you and your beliefs even though ATS reminds us all to play nice.... the only ones I see who get punished are Christians who face their attacker and then ATS comes running in to play referee and then penalizes the Christian for his/her attack while the individual who started the attack walks free. A perfect example of society today.

Stay stead fast with your beliefs and continue spreading the word of God.
edit on 1-12-2013 by Fraudfinder because: (no reason given)

I hug you Fraudfinder, in my heart,

I hadn't been posting and adding faith threads lately at ATS, you really, really help me to persevere.

I use to be secular, liberal, I will do as I desire. Then I found God. I experienced the presence of
God the Holy Spirit by the means of His spouse, the Blessed Mother. I went to a place she was appearing and this is why I try to share private revelation, the messages from Heaven (Protestant too) on the forum so much. God would be speaking to us everyday, He speaks through His prophets and oh do we need His help His direction, His love in this dark time.

It makes me sad, all the anti-Christian threads at ATS when Our Lord IS the only way to love and peace here and eternal life in Heaven with Him, God the Father and the Holy Spirit.

All the religions are man-made, there is only one faith, one Truth. Fact, of all the religions in the world, only Jesus Christ states He IS God. How do you know this is true? Our Lord told his disciples how He would die and that He would rise again 3 days later. Another, there is witness to the miracles when He was on the earth and all the miraculous since 33 A.D. point to Christ. And for folks who make science their God. I'll name 3 major miracles, science tested over and over again. They are ~ the Shroud of Turin, the Tilma of Guadalupe and Padre Pio's stigmata for fifty years.

When you discover something new and for the good, change, what a sign of maturity. Give your heart
to Jesus. Prayer is our connection to God. Start praying every day even if for a short period of time. Ask God for the grace to believe, for the grace to be good and for more help be it spiritual and temporal (He answers our prayer in the way that is best for us). Without the help of God, it is too hard, no, it is impossible to be good. We need Him, we need Him. My witness, the more you pray, the more you want to pray.

If you're not Catholic, go find a Catholic Church, go sit, (more reverence to kneel) but go there and sit in front of the Tabernacle, you'll see the lit vigil light. Jesus is there in the Eucharist, talk to Our Lord. He will give you much GRACE. Do it. Go before or after the parish scheduled Mass and if the church is locked, go to the parish office and ask them to open the church, tell them you wish to make a visit, you wish to pray before the Tabernacle.

Back to martyrdom, mockers of Christianity, disbelievers ask what of Muslims dying for their belief? Show the evidence of the miraculous in Islam here on earth or any Heavenly NDE experience witnessing to Islam being the state in Heaven?

love,

colbe

p.s. Everyone can read the current daily messages from Heaven. Here are two direct links, no joining a forum.

Catholic - www.afterthewarning.com... Protestant - ft111.com/eagles.htm

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Sorry, I guess I need to type in the http for the Protestant messages from Heaven link.

ft111.com...

or you can type in, search, spirit in the prophets...

top topics

join