It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apps for spying on mobile phones made public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
MSpy can be installed to Apple, Android, BlackBerry and Windows devices

It costs from £24.99 a month and the firm claims it is 100% undetectable
Spies can use it to track movements, read messages and listen to calls
It can be used to read Skype and Facebook chats and see browsing history
Subscribers can track this data anywhere by signing into an online account
Information from the device is synced with this account every 30 minutes

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

This is said to be popular with jilted-ex lovers, nosey spouses, snooping parents and controlling employers, even stalkers.

For a higher subscription they can even block incoming calls and someone from browsing certain websites, plus log onto facebook.

So basically any emergency calls/important calls could be prevented.

With no laws in place is this an invasion of privacy ? Could it lead to sinister things?
edit on Thu Nov 28 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: inserted member edit from dup thread, dup thread 404d

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

nothing new. there are tons of such apps/services.

why the 'made public' thread title? this is very old news and it hardly belongs to 'us political madness' forum.

also, there is NO such thing as '100% undetectable' - it can be always spotted on the smartphone if the user isn't dumb and to avoid that it would have to be embedded in modified firmware - and firmware flashing isn't how those apps work, they're using regular app installers 'disguised' as some 'system service'. second thing that can always be detected is additional internet traffic, and that can be usually easily spotted on the smartphone itself, and if not - on the billing. one can just connect a smartphone suspected to be tampered with to a wifi network, disable 3g/4g network connectivity and run tcpdump/wireshark/whatever on wifi router as well, so '100% undetectable' is just a silly marketing BS so that people will buy their crap.
edit on 28-11-2013 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

Opps, I posted it in this forum by mistake! Thanks for pointing that out.

Can any admin here please remove it to the appropriate forum?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
13 years ago I used "spyware" on my own computer to catch my (now) ex liaising with her next lover (they weren't then...) - it automatically emailed me logs every few hours to a hotmail acct that I accessed elsewhere - and it cost me $10 IIRC.

Spyware isn't exactly news.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
There should not be laws against this kind of software because it's important to be have this ability if you have children or lose your phone and want to grab dirt on who stole your phone. Sure, it's better to write your own and have your own private server but semantics...

However, there are laws put into place where you cannot spy on other people. So you can't put a keylogger on someone's computer and log what they do, it's against the law because they gave you no permission for it. Using this software to spy on your ex is against the law, in fact anything of the sort is against the law. There is no need to have specific laws put into place when the law is already there against it.

Now if we can get the NSA to stop using their spies against americans then that would be grand.

new topics

top topics

join