It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Worldviews - The Three Theories of Everything

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
“Monotheism is a perversion of pantheism” - Anyone making that claim would have to prove/demonstrate it. All they can say is that the Bible is corrupted just like the Muslims when they can’t refute the clear teaching that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. Continuing with my thread above I want to quickly run through COUNTERFEITS and give the readers some food for thought.

If you’re on the quest for truth one thing you’ll quickly notice after searching for a while is similarities. This is where the confusion is for a lot of people and this is where Zeitgeist takes the advantage. The Bible talks a lot about counterfeits and I’ll give you three examples from the Bible:

1: Counterfeit Jews (Rev 2:9, 3:9)
2: Counterfeit Christians (Matthew 7:21-23)
3: Counterfeit God (Isaiah 14:14) - www.youtube.com...

There are a lot more (such as: false prophets/teachers, false spirits, false jesus, false gospel and so on) and I can’t get into them all at this moment. The point is: There are counterfeits and counterfeit presupposes the original. Everything that the true and living God does the devil does likewise but all that he does is to corrupt and pervert to turn people away from the true and living God. And all that the Son does is to reveal the Father and bring us to the true and living God:

So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise. (John 5:19 ESV)

Box (Epic of Gilgamesh) vs Noah’s Ark:
www.worldwideflood.com...

Miraculous Knowledge

Second, the unity of the Bible is remarkable, but there are many other areas that show the Bible to be beyond the abilities of mere human authors to produce. The Bible presents astonishing facts that the writers, on their own, simply could not have known.

In Genesis 6:15, God instructed Noah to build an ark that was 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high. This is a ratio of 30 to 5 to 3 (length to width to height). The ark was one of the largest floating ships ever created. In terms that we understand better, the ark was about 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high. In 1844, a man named Isambard K. Brunnel built his giant ship, the Great Britain. He used almost the exact same ratio of the ark—30:5:3.

As it turns out, these measurements are perfect for a huge boat built to stay afloat rather than for speed. Obviously the ark was not built for speed, since it had nowhere to go! What is more, shipbuilders during World War II used a similar ratio to build the SS Jeremiah OíBrien, which eventually was nicknamed “the ugly duck-ling”—a barge-like boat built to carry huge amounts of cargo, and one that had basically the same ratio as the ark. How did Noah know the perfect ratio to use in buildingthe ark? Brunnel and others like him had many generations of shipbuilding knowledge to use, but Noahís boat was the first of its kind. Where did he get such information? From the Master Builder! We should thank God for inspiring the Bible, because He talks to us through its pages.

Taken from: www.apologeticspress.org... p13

Many people say that the Flood account found in Genesis is a counterfeit, taken from the Epic of Gilgamesh. Maybe it's the reverse? Think about it. www.youtube.com...

The same with all the trinities out there (more on this later God willing).
edit on 6-12-2013 by VoiceInTheWilderness because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VoiceInTheWilderness

PERVERTING THE VIRGIN-BIRTH

And there may be some Bible teachers who don't understand Genesis 3:15, but he does. Satan definitely understands it. I believe that Satan knew when God cursed him and cursed the man and cursed the woman, when God cursed Satan He said to him, "The seed of the woman is going to bruise your head." Satan knew what was going to happen. The seed of the woman, Genesis 3:15, the first prophecy of the Messiah, that a woman would have a seed...a woman would have a seed. Women don't have a seed, that's an indication of a virgin birth. I think Satan understood that.

You say, "Why do you think that?" Because Satan began to counterfeit the virgin birth. There's an ancient Sumerian Akkadian, those are ancient languages in the Middle East, an ancient Samarian Acadian story inscribed on a building at the time of Tacoulte(?) Orta(?) the Second who was a monarch from 890 to 884 B.C. And it says about Tacoulte Orta II that he was created by the gods who went into the womb of his mother and created him. It was even claimed that the goddess of procreation, some supposed deity, superintended the conception in the womb of the mother of King Sennacherib who was a real king, too, who ruled from 705 to 681 B.C. So Sennacherib was supernaturally conceived in his mother's womb.

Now if you go from there further east to Buddhism, I've always been fascinated by Buddhism, I did some work on it early in my education because of its fascination. Here is one, you ask a Buddhist how Buddha was conceived and they've got a story. Here it is. Buddha's mother has this dream, a noble elephant white as silver and snow, having six tusks, well proportioned trunk and feet, blood-red veins, adamantine firmness of joints and easy pace has entered my belly. Now there is an evasion. I mean, that is just completely unimaginable. Ten months later Buddha was born.

I mean, that's everywhere so that when Christianity comes and says, "We have a virgin-born Savior." The world says, "Yeah, we do too."

"Yeah, we have one that was conceived by God in the womb of Mary." "Yeah, we have one too, yeah right out of heaven." Satan knew what was coming. All kinds of smoke screens.

When you start going around the world and you start studying all these religions, they've all got some kind of supernatural birth for the main person.

What about Hinduism? Hinduism is sometimes hard to figure out because millions and millions of deities. Hinduism claims that the divine Vishnu, if you know anything about Hinduism you know about the name Vishnu, the divine Vishnu was reincarnated seven times. The first Vishnu was incarnated as a fish. Vishnu is divine, he came as a fish, then he came as a tortoise, then he came as a boar, b-o-a-r, then he came as a lion...(laughter), if I hadn't had said anything you might have laughed anyway, right? Anyway, back to the point, he came as a fish, a tortoise, a boar, a lion and finally in his seventh incarnation this Vishnu deity descended into the womb of Divoky(?) and was born in her as the son named Krishna. Now if there's any name you associate with Hinduism, it's Krishna. If there's any other name you associate with Hinduism, even with a million gods, it's Vishnu. And right there you have this mother/child cult which supposes some supernatural conception.

It's the same story, same story, same story, same story, same source...satanic. You can study Greco-Roman mythology, the mother of Persius, this is another one of them, the mother of Persius conceived him by the power of the god Jupiter when he visited her in the form of a golden rain shower. There legend also, and this is maybe familiar to some of you who have studied Greek history, there was a legend that Alexander the Great was born by supernatural conception. The story was that the serpent, the serpent was Zeus and Zeus when he wanted to could take the form of a serpent. And so one time he took the form of a serpent at night and he crawled into bed with Olympus, who was the wife of Philip of Macedon, Philip of Macedon was the father of Alexander the Great. So one night when Philip was away maybe fighting a war or whatever, Zeus got into bed with Olympus as in the form of a snake. Zeus, by the way, if you study Greek mythology, he is the chief sexual deviate of all mythology...which is a projection of the deviation of the people who invent gods like that. But anyway, he impregnated as a serpent Olympus so that Alexander was the child of the god Zeus.

Maybe the wackiest of all of them is the belief that Pallas(?) Athena, this is kind of a reverse twist on it, Pallas Athena was born without a mother. According to Greek mythology he sprang out of the head of Zeus...full grown in full armor. Strange and bizarre, aren't they?

Now all of that to say this. The world has literally been covered with a mother/child cult. It comes in all forms, in all these great world religions, it's everywhere.

Why am I going through this? Because I want you to understand that this doctrine of virgin conception is so important that Satan has been doing everything he can possibly do to either deny it or to literally defuse it into a whole world of myths so that it looks like something utterly insignificant and not at all uncommon. It's just another myth and another legend. And you can understand how a Hugh Shoenfeld or some other guy who doesn't know the Lord and doesn't believe the Bible starts wandering around and finds this mother/child myth everywhere, he comes in to Christianity he sees the same thing there and his conclusion is just the same old myth that wanders all over the globe and fits in to every different kind of world religious system. And when we Christians come and say that Jesus Christ was the God/Man born in the womb of Mary without a human father....really, you've got one of those, too. Satan is very subtle, isn't he?

You know what is so wonderful to me, the Bible just doesn't bother with all of that. In Luke 1 verse 35 it just says, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, the power of the Most High will overshadow you, for that reason the holy offspring shall be called the Son of God." That's the...that's the entire description of the virgin conception right there. There's no attempt to sort that all out from all of Satan's lies, it's just so pure, so clear, so clean, so precise.

www.gty.org...

It all comes back to this one Person: Jesus Christ.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

So civilizations that came thousands of years before Jesus just happened to have the motivation to fake something they had never even heard of? They just decided they wanted to fake a virgin birth to undermine the credibility of Jesus' arrival?

Your post reeks of desperation.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Your post reeks of desperation.
Have you watched "The Three Theories of Everything" and "The Two Powers of the Godhead" posted in this thread? There is no desperation here.

Here's another one for the truth seekers.

The Silence of Scripture: An Argument for Inspiration (visit the link to read the rest)

No Origin for God

The Bible begins with the simple declarative, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” Neither in Genesis 1, nor elsewhere in Holy Writ, are attempts made to explain the origin of the Creator of the universe. His self-existence is assumed as a primary truth. The prophets speak of his eternal presence without any adorning explanation. From everlasting to everlasting, he is the eternal God (cf. Psalm 90:2; Deuteronomy 33:27).

The religions of ancient paganism postulate bizarre origins for their deities. Egyptian theology

dwelt on the birth of the gods from Osiris, and told how he, the sun, brought forth the seven great planetary gods, and then the twelve humbler gods of the signs of the zodiac; they, in their turn, producing the twenty-eight gods presiding over the stations of the moon, the seventy-two companions of the sun, and other deities (Geikie n.d., 27).

How significant it is that Moses, who grew up in Egypt, incorporated no such foolishness into the Genesis record. A Babylonian creation epic, Enuma Elish, tells how pagan deities, Apsu and Tiamat, “procreated the other gods” (Mitchell 1988, 69). The mythology of India spoke of Brahma, “the father of all creatures,” being hatched from a great egg of golden splendor. The Greeks constructed genealogical tables chronicling the history of their gods, etc., but the Scriptures stand aloof from such absurdities.

No Description of God

The literature of heathenism is filled with representations of its gods. For instance, Baal, a Canaanite deity, frequently became a factor in the apostasy of the Hebrew people. Baal was a god of fertility. He is depicted on ancient monuments holding a lightning bolt in his hand (suggestive of his control of the weather); at other times his genital organ is prominently displayed because he was the “god of sex.” His mother, Asherah, the patron goddess of sex, is depicted in a vulgar fashion in the artwork of ancient Ras Shamra (Boyd 1969, 117-122). El, the husband of Asherah, is portrayed as an old man with white hair and a beard (Smick 1988, 411). Many other pagan gods likewise are graphically and grossly represented.

The God of the Bible, however, is never given any sort of a physical description. While it is true that anthropomorphic (meaning “man form”) language is employed frequently in Scripture to denote certain attributes of the Lord (e.g., the “eyes,” “hands,” etc., of the Lord)—because such figures are necessary to accommodate a human level of comprehension—nevertheless, the divine writers clearly stress that God is a spirit being and, as such, has no physical composition (John 4:24; Luke 24:39). He is invisible to human sight (1 Timothy 1:17; 6:16). If the Bible is a work of fiction, why is there no description of God?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

So your argument is that no effort is better than poor effort? More Orwellian logic.
edit on 6-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

So your argument is that no effort is better than poor effort? More Orwellian logic.

Like I said earlier, there are people who will not look at the info. I started off this thread knowing that there are those who will not look at it. But I know there are people like myself who are searching and they are out there. These are the people I'm targeting because they are God's elect and they don't know that they are yet.

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him..." (John 6:44 KJV)

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." (John 10:27-28 KJV)

"Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice." (John 18:37 KJV)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Like I said earlier, there are people who will not look at the info.

So because I don't agree, means I didn't read? Troll harder, pl0x.

I started off this thread knowing that there are those who will not look at it. But I know there are people like myself who are searching and they are out there. These are the people I'm targeting because they are God's elect and they don't know that they are yet.

Oh, so you're looking for mindless sycophants. Why didn't you just say so? I needn't have wasted my time on a biased thread.

Although your title is highly misleading if you're only interested in discussing the merits of Christianity in contrast to the detriments of the other two worldviews. Which would explain the popularity of your thread - or lack thereof. A most intriguing indication of your openminded demeanor and intellectual approach to the subject.

I'll leave you to your audience, shall I? I wouldn't want to distract them from the, ah, sermon.
edit on 6-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If I could change the title of this thread I would. Unfortunately this is a forum and there's not much I can do about it. I'm not seeking for popularity or anything so I'm ok with it. I was thinking to myself few days ago on whether I should make separate threads because a lot of topics I'll be bringing up wouldn't fit into the title of this thread. Didn't want my posts to scatter all over the place I decided to dump it all in here.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The honest thing would have been to title it as something about the benefits of Christianity as compared to the other two absolute worldviews according to your perspective. But as you said, it's too late now. Maybe you can make another thread elaborating on the points you intended to make, as well as reflecting the input you got from this thread. A sort of refined, narrower version of this one.

But that's your choice. Wouldn't make or break my day.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll try that for my next post that touches on Counterfeit Jesus and Islam/Quran. My mistake for putting everything in this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join