It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians V Freemasons?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm not sure whether to put this here, the Secret Societies forum or the rant section....

I am most definitely no expert in either Christianity nor Freemasonry, so i thought rather than rant my head off like i feel like doing, i'd ask your opinions.

I have one family member who is a Christian, very very devout Christian in their eyes. That's a matter of opinion but that's her belief anyway. It's Gods way or no way.

Now i also have two other family members, the husband is a Mason and one of the loveliest guys you could ever wish to meet. Not a bad bone in his body and everyone knows it.

Now when my Christian family member heard that the others were masons, the atmosphere turned immediately. Absolute hatred for the Freemasons, lots of names for them, not directly towards my other family member, but at the practices of the lodges.

I explained that the Masons i knew, also went to church and worshiped God, but she was unphased. It was "different" than the proper way, and that the Masons had "rituals and temples".

To be honest, i wanted to say, "What...rituals and temples like the Christian church?.....or every other religion out there? Instead i just changed the subject, because there would be no talking to this person. I won't bother wasting my time trying to talk to someone who has a "my way or no way" attitude. I also didn't want to add to the atmosphere with other family members around.

I appreciate that there are a million and one conspiracies surround Freemasonry, but isn't there also about Christianity?

I suppose i'm asking for your opinions on how you'd have handled it?

I don't know enough about the subject to know how to respond intelligently, so how exactly does the whole church and Freemasonry thing work? Do/can they co-exist? Ordinarily i'd leave it, but as it most probably rear it's very ugly head again, i thought i'd ask.

Thanks for your time and replies, it is appreciated.

CX.
edit on 25/11/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

to me, it sounds like you dealt with it perfectly. Ignore ignorance, trust instinct.
To be a mason, you must believe in God in some form. I think where the ultra Christians get their hatred at is we don't say "YOU must believe in Jesus Christ!", we allow men of many faiths to join, as religion is usually more of a regional thing than a determining factor of your afterlife. (just my opinion)

Most masons I know are Christians and most are devout. They go to church, and Sunday school. Baptist church. Some are not as religious. (like me) And none of us have any issues with Christ, God, Allah, or whatever name you wish to associate with the creator.

Our big "claim to fame" is that we don't discuss religion or politics in the lodge. Those two subjects will split a room quicker than offering a Baptist a beer in front of another Baptist. (little religion humor there)

We believe that a mans character is what should be payed attention to, not his wealth. social standing, religious or political affiliations, or race.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

The proper way for a Christian to respond is found in 2 Timothy 2:24-26: "And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will."

Christians need to be skilled in the word, for it is the sword of the Spirit (Eph 6:17), because the battle they're fighting is not of flesh and blood (Eph 6:12). A person can only come to the truth if God opens his or her eyes so no amount of fighting or hating will fix the problem. The goodness and kindness of God can lead people to repentance (Rom 2:4). God blesses both the just and the unjust (Matt 5:45) and Christians are the means that God uses to bless others, even the unbelievers and that includes the Masons. This is why we are to be salt and light to this dark world so that our heavenly Father may be glorified (Matt 5:16). Since God is a Spirit (John 4:24), none can see him but through our (Christians) good works they can and might even come to repentance because of God's kindness brought about through Christians. It is unfortunate that a lot of Christians today do not spend time to be in fellowship with Jesus as stated here by Paul the Apostle:

"God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." (1 Cor 1:9). The Son of God is at the door knocking..., "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me."

Jesus is our Wonderful Counselor (Isa 9:6) and he has given us the Spirit of God so that we can bear the fruits of the Spirit: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." (Gal 5:22-23). And be a witness in all gentleness: "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." (Colossians 4:6)

All that is only possible if we follow Jesus faithfully: "And he said to them, 'FOLLOW ME, and I will make you fishers of men.'” (Matt 4:19).
edit on 25-11-2013 by VoiceInTheWilderness because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

they can co exist completely as long as the "Christian" isn't the fanatical type... They're just dangerous to everyone that doesn't agree with them... resorting to insults and attacks in everything that doesn't revolve around the words in the book.

In fact there many many Christians that are freemansons... none of which are fanatical about their religion

One thing I've learned over the past few years... You can not speak rationally to someone who does not have a logical mind... Especially someone who is a religious fanatic.

They will use everything in their arsenal to prove themselves right even if they're wrong... and if you happen to back them into a corner where they have no answer... that's when they get nasty

I'll tell you one thing...

IF Jesus ever does actually return to this disgusting planet...

Hes gonna be kickin some so called "Christians" butts all over the map...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There are many Christians who are also scientologists.. now tell me that scientology isn´t wrong.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
To become a member of Freemasonry, you must declare that you believe in a "supreme being".
An entity that creates/destroys & dictates.

My first question is: Can a Satanist join?

Second question: How do they keep from discussing religion during their meetings? Surely one must think their supreme entity is more supreme than the other, and would attempt to convert one another eventually.

P.S: Do they discuss religion at all within freemasonry if the above answer is 'no'? --- Do they attempt to group all religions in as equal philosophies?
edit on 25-11-2013 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

My brother is a Freemason and also Celtic Pagan. I am a Christian. We get along well and no arguments between us. Christians are reacting to the mythology surrounding Freemasons, and yet very little of it is true.Freemasons, the first victim of conspiracy theorism....

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Knights Templar history and Freemason mystery

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

You handled it. That's all you can do is 'handle' it. Freemasons tend to make people who aren't Freemasons paranoid, because it's a private and exclusive membership. Many people become offended when they aren't asked to join, and this is where much of the resentment and badmouthing begins. Freemasons must be of impeccable character and reputation to become members. One of the requirements to join is a belief in God, and many, many of them are Protestant Christians. You might advise your family member that she is in the company of good people or they wouldn't have become Freemasons and Stars.

"I sent the club a wire stating, "PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER.""
- Groucho Marx

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BurbGirl378

One important thing to note is that we are not allowed to ask anyone to join. One must join of his own free will and accord. Meaning, a man must ask a Freemason to join the craft, not the other way around.

And our requirements is that the man be a man who believes in a higher power, not a criminal, and be willing to try to make himself a better man. (he needs to be a good man already, as we make good men better, not bad men good)

And we are not linked to the Knights Templar as many would like to believe. We do teach lessons based on the Knights Templar, and the Bible.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There are a group of Christians who are what you describe as devout who have lost the one essential component of the faith - love. While it is possible to believe that someone is wrong, even to point that out, and still love (most parents do this many times each day), this particular type of Christian holds nothing of love in their hearts for those who are not like them. They are even warned in the Bible, told that they go through all the correct motions but have lost the love and because of that they are at risk of being lost.

They also make life very difficult for the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

network dude
reply to post by BurbGirl378

One important thing to note is that we are not allowed to ask anyone to join. One must join of his own free will and accord. Meaning, a man must ask a Freemason to join the craft, not the other way around.

However you boys handle this delicate matter of becoming a member, the Eastern Star I know said "They wanted him to join, I didn't want him to, but he went ahead anyway." She became a worthy Matron.

Someone really needs to talk to the Staff members that answer the telephones at your Lodges. When I called the telephone number that was given to me and inquired about becoming a member I was told "You can't just 'join' the Masons. You have to be sponsored." To which I replied, "OK, thank you, goodbye," and didn't look back... Until I found ATS, anyway.

So what is it? You have to know the secret knock on meeting night? You need an invitation by a sponsor? You call the lodge and inquire?

O Lord, my God! Is there no help for the widow's son?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Just want to throw this out here just in case there are people reading and are curious: A true born again Christian can not be a Mason. Claiming to be a Christian does not make one a Christian.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

VoiceInTheWilderness
Just want to throw this out here just in case there are people reading and are curious: A true born again Christian can not be a Mason. Claiming to be a Christian does not make one a Christian.

Amazingly enough there are 40k different sects of Christianity that claim to be the true version of Christianity

I believe you are wrong...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Akragon
Amazingly enough there are 40k different sects of Christianity that claim to be the true version of Christianity

I believe you are wrong...

Sects can't save you. You can be a Catholic, Protestant, Jehovah Witness, Mormon ect.. and still be lost.. So neither is being a Mason (if you see it as a sect). This is why I said, "a true born again Christian..." Masons only have an intellectual knowledge of Christ and some of the knowledge that they have about Christ might not even be accurate/biblical. Nicodemus acknowledged and understood that Jesus came from God (intellectual) and yet he must be born again to enter the Kingdom of God. King Agrippa believed in the prophets but wasn't converted (Acts 26:27-28). You see, even the demons believe (James 2:19) and the unbelievers also know the judgment of God and not only that but they have pleasure in going against God (Rom 1:32).

Knowing something is no guaranteed that you'll accept or receive it. That means that there are a lot of people out there who know about Christianity (intellectually) but have not been born again by RECEIVING the Son of God who was sent.

"But to all who did RECEIVE him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." (John 1:12)

Question for you: What does it mean to RECEIVE Christ?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by VoiceInTheWilderness

Sects can't save you.

Which means "Christianity" can't save you...

Nicodemus acknowledged and understood that Jesus came from God (intellectual) and yet he must be born again to enter the Kingdom of God.

Nicodemus didn't know squat... apparently...

Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Question for you: What does it mean to RECEIVE Christ?

I suppose that would depend on which preacher you ask...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Akragon: "Which means 'Christianity' can't save you..."

Christianity is not what saves you because Christianity could mean many things to many people. Christ alone, the true Son of the true and living God, is what saves you and not denominations or secret groups. Salvation is a PERSON (Luke 2:30; John 8:24) this is why He says, "I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins."

This is why it's important to know and have the right Christ. A wrong one is incapable of saving or delivering you from the wrath of a Holy God. The New Testament has a lot of warning regarding this for many false Christ will arise.

Akragon: "Nicodemus didn't know squat... apparently... Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?"

Actually, it's not just Nicodemus but the rest of humanity and that includes the Masons, Jehovah Witness, Mormons ect. This is why it's pointless to join a secret group or club in hoping of gaining higher knowledge and if you think that they have the real knowledge then you are mistaken. The truth is available for all but men love darkness rather than light. The Holy Scriptures is under Christ's Lordship and only He alone can open the mind to understand it (Luke 4:17-22, 10:22, 24:32,45; John 3:9, 4:25; Galatians 1:12; Revelation 1:1) but first you must RECEIVE Him and faithfully follow Him and He will open your mind to understand the scriptures.

So the question is: What does it mean to RECEIVE Christ? That is something you need to find out because your soul depends on it.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by VoiceInTheWilderness

A wrong one is incapable of saving or delivering you from the wrath of a Holy God.

A "Holy God" would not be Wrathful...

This is why it's pointless to join a secret group or club in hoping of gaining higher knowledge and if you think that they have the real knowledge then you are mistaken.

isn't that the definition of "orgainzed religion" though?

Join a club, go on sunday... listen to the leader of the club tell you stories...

So the question is: What does it mean to RECEIVE Christ? That is something you need to find out because your soul depends on it.

in a sense I suppose...

But like you've stated, we can be Born again... and again!

edit on 26-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

It has to do with a little thing called heresy and many masonic practices and beliefs are heretical in the sight of fundementalist and catholic alike (and those two seldom get on) but I would have to agree most masons are devent folk around the world but then it is a matter of whom you owe your allegiance to, god or lucifer (and here go the masons again denying what has been published by several ex masons including one whom is now a fundementalist preacher).
Do not critisize the beam in your brothers eye, but first remove the plank from your own eye.
Let he whom is without sin cast the first stone.

edit on 26-11-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join