It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mexican government reveals Mayan documents proving extraterrestrial contacts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm seeing a lot of claims that this is a hoax. Does anyone have any credible resource that validates this claim? We need source material, otherwise claiming that this is a hoax is just speculation.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Why is this information being released by a random documentary versus academic journals and what not? This doesn't sound very credible.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

nighthawk1954
The Mexican government has struck a blow in the hidden history of mankind. In the archeology section forgotten the country publicly unveil a series of pieces Mayas discovered there about 80 years by a team of National Institute of Anthropoly and History (INAH) on the site of Calakmul , Mexico.

Where is the Mexican government website stating these are genuine?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

1ofthe9
Why is this information being released by a random documentary versus academic journals and what not? This doesn't sound very credible.

Because it is just a hoax.... and the hoaxers cannot get their hoax in any academic journal!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Because they want to make some money!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Typical.

You'd think that people here would recognize the same old recycling of ridiculously lame "ancient" artifacts over and over at the same forum:

Link1 (2011)

Link2 (2012)

Link3 (2012)

Link4 (2012)

Link5 (2012)

Nassim Haramein is a physics crank, one of the many who claim to have uncovered the holy grail of physics, the "Unified Field Theory". Despite his claims, he's virtually unknown to mainstream physics, and the only people who take him seriously are the kind of people who listen to Coast to Coast AM[1] - other wannabe physicists, conspiracy theorists, UFO nuts, Nibiru believers, New Ageish "truthseekers", alternative energy proponents, etc., etc. For a taste of his claims, assorted clips from his talks can be found on YouTube.

He is the founder of The Resonance Project, a website and foundation concerned with his Unified Physics, and the "Hawaii Institute for Unified Physics", another website created to lend credence to his charlatanry. Despite this, his article keeps getting deleted from Wikipedia on notability grounds.[2]

Rationalwiki

Swallow anything, right? The heck with denying ignorance.

Harte

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
yes this is quite an old and long hoax story.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

phantomlord
I'm seeing a lot of claims that this is a hoax. Does anyone have any credible resource that validates this claim? We need source material, otherwise claiming that this is a hoax is just speculation.

I see a lot of claims that this is genuine. Does anyone have any credible source that validates this claim?
We need to see a official Mexican Government website, we need to see a genuine report, otherwise claiming this is real is just speculation.

Remember, it is up to those making the claim to provide evidence for that claim, not for others to disprove that claim.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Trueman
First, if all this information was released by Mexican government, why the sources are not in Spanish language?

With that said, I must say I never had a doubt about extraterrestrials and precolumbian civilizations interaction. That is based in my own experiences living in that area for many years. As many times, I have to say it again here, this is a fact accepted for most of locals of the area in the most natural way. All the skepticism is foreign an invalid for me.
edit on 23-11-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

I agree, as young man went on couple mission trips building school and church. These people were technically Mexican but more native in heritage. They all believe their ancestors were in contact with the star people. They all have stories, even recent ones.

I have always believed our ancestors were in contact. In our country the native American nations all have passed down stories and cave paintings etc. No one wants to hear them....

The Bot

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

I do, I do!!! It's the purest history there is. There was a huge attempt to suppress the indigenous people of the americas once they were conquered. Good thing their history was oral otherwise all other forms would have been destroyed.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Pauligirl
Does anyone know who actually has possession of these “artifacts”?
Last year in this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
it was shown that the Blossom River Group (whoever they are) was advertising some of them for sale on the internet with the prices in the $Millions
They offered scientific studies on the artifacts, but after it was shown that these studies were bogus (by email inquires) their website was taken down.

I think the artifacts are fake.

I see your point alright, but that Blossom group needs to be linked, as you say, and directly to, these artifacts and none other, they also could be just another bunch of chancers who themselves saw this stuff online and decided to make a facsimile and pass it off. There is no way any official source would make any of that stuff available for sale, although it would not be beyond belief that official sources would invent a story, for financial gain through tourism, or any other 'isms' for that matter.
But just as a counter, and to show how convoluted things can get, Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe is the controversial, but current face of Panspermia, in itself a 'controversial' subject.
However, we now know that NASA, ESA and the rest have all eyes on Ison, in an attempt to see if complex molecules..amino acids, or the building blocks are available in comets, or even that the interactions with the Sun, or an Earth collision could form amino acids, aka altered chemistry, aka Panspermia.

edit on 23-11-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Oh, a hoax like the 30,000 Ica stones??

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ica_stones
en.wikipedia.org...

Cabrera's collection burgeoned, reaching more than 11,000 stones in the 1970s.

Yeah, who sat back and made thousands upon thousands for a hoax???

Maybe schools of Children with Dremels??

Oh, I got it...

Sweat shops seen a market in gullible archaeologists and researchers and jumped on the opportunity??

...NOT!
edit on 23-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

phantomlord

You have it backwards. The default approach is to prove these are real Mayan carvings because of the subject. If we had definitive evidence extraterrestrial beings have visited Earth, then you have a foundation to build that question on. Otherwise, the burden of proof lies with the claimant. Especially after years having no access to these carvings to in the very least do carbon dating on the material. These are extremely easy to create and fake and not enough evidence through photographs. If this is something important, why not give access to it? That alone seem suspicious and questionable.

I'm curious to know if Mayans have ever carved anything similar on a flat surface in a 3-D perspective. The tilt of the crafts circled in yellow showing the bottom portion seems odd to me and a modern style of interpretation. Most of what I've seen of Mayan art stays within the realm, more or less, with 2-D viewing of an object. But, maybe I'm wrong.

Also, the line pointed out with white arrows looks like a mold line. Where a sculpture is created in clay(or something similar) and a mold is made of that object in two halves and material is poured to produce a copy of the object.

edit on 23-11-2013 by Ectoplasm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
For the doubters....

Dagon!

"Dramatic" New Maya Temple Found, Covered With Giant Faces
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/07/120720-maya-temple-el-zotz-masks-faces-science-houston/
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Catch what he says in the video on this page...

Found the video on youtube:

A mask-nificent discovery by Brown University
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTtE0Bs1EgU
www.youtube.com...

edit on 23-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ectoplasm8

I noticed the same thing about the 3D perspective in the carving. It seems highly unlikely that this technique should have existed in the pre-Columbian era and then should just have disappeared completely.

I for one am not convinced that these carvings are authentic.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Ectoplasm8

It's an Asteroid they are budging...

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Necrobile

"They're fake. If they're not fake, they don't depict what they're saying they depict. If they do depict what they're saying they depict, they're just folklore/myths. If they're not myths..." on and on and on with the excuses. They "look too new" to be artifacts? That statement right there says it all. Grasping at straws to explain this away.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Actually | have yet to see anyone prove that these, are in fact real and that the Mexican government has put this on their official site validating these claims.

Otherwise it is just believers grasping at yet another hoax and trying ever so hard not to be made fools of again. Or is it again and again and again.

Why do hoaxers hoax? Because gullible believers will eat up anything..

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
2 Words, 5 Syllables:

Colares Brazil

Alien vs. Predator attempt at charades
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf0oRK4gypg
www.youtube.com...

edit on 23-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Sublimecraft
We are not alone.

You do NOT need ATS, or the Mexican government, to confirm (or deny) that.

Well said that... Green goofy dude.

Just look up when it is dark people.

If you think there isn't anyone else "out there" you must have been a dog in a previous life, because we all know dogs can't look up.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join